Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

would break me if they sold him tbh, he should literally be one of the first names on our teamsheet each week

reckon i'd get the sniper rifle out

Full on Michael Douglas meltdown like in Falling Down [emoji38]

Haha aye, abandon the car outside The Strawberry and go on the rampage [emoji38]

He'd get lost in the shuffle at Spurs, they seem to sign a dozen players for that position every season. I want him to be great.

Fuck Spurs. Would have been as bad a move for him to go there as it would have been to move to Chelsea or Man City at this point. Footballing graveyards for players like him. So happy he's still here and I hope we get to see much more of him this season  :smitten:

Just let him back into the No10 spot, he works his arse off, is very technical, can hold the ball up and bring others into play as well as scoring a few!!!

Drop Wiji back a slot replacing Jack or Anita and hey presto... top team when defense is on form!

Surely with Mitro out he has to get these 3 games up top?

If we're going without any wingers then maybe. If Thauvin is playing you'd want someone to be there on the end of any crosses and Cisse is far more suited to that role than Perez.

It's a shame Mitrovic is out for 3 games, I was really looking forward to see what Perez could do playing off a proper target man.

Agree but won't happen as you have the average twins in midfield which means we can't use a number 10 role and also Sissoko is his preferred option in the right hand side position. The only time Perez has started a game is when Sissoko was injured against Man Utd. Can't see it changing either until he is actually forced to change due to results but don't think it will be in the next few games and that's the big problem.

I want Perez playing left wing or as a striker. Don't see him as a number 10.

Left wing or a 10 for me.  I don't see him as a striker, especially if he is up there on his own.  Too lightweight and not his game trying to hold it up against two big centre backs.  His movement is quality and he always finds space dropping deep.  I think he'd be wasted in a more back to goal role. 

In fairness, I am basing this on when we had Pardew/Carver in charge.  But I still feel his attributes means he fits better as an wide forward or behind a striker.  As oppose to leading the line. 

I want Perez playing left wing or as a striker. Don't see him as a number 10.

Left wing or a 10 for me.  I don't see him as a striker, especially if he is up there on his own.  Too lightweight and not his game trying to hold it up against two big centre backs.  His movement is quality and he always finds space dropping deep.  I think he'd be wasted in a more back to goal role. 

In fairness, I am basing this on when we had Pardew/Carver in charge.  But I still feel his attributes means he fits better as an wide forward or behind a striker.  As oppose to leading the line. 

Pretty much my thoughts too. I'd be of the opinion though that ideally we'd want to stack our front line with 'must-mark' players, Mitrovic, Perez, Thauvin etc., only having one or two in makes it much easier for the defence. They can't mark everyone to death :lol: This is how Siem would work in a system with pacey players as they'll make the room for him and vice versa.

Perez - De Jong - Thauvin

--------Mitrovic--------

Or similar

• 2 weeks later...