Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Turned into an absolute beast back end of the season. If he and Rafa both stay then I hope he can continue this form and not have another poor start to next season. Unstoppable at the moment, love the little sexy Spanish bastardo

The lad can play, he has great feet and he niggles and gets in the way - he’s always had that. Now that’s he stronger on the ball has made a huge difference, in both directions, he’s no longer prone to losing possession and putting us under pressure and by doing so he’s creating attacking situations we were missing out on before.

One thing I'd never really considered until seeing the stats on MotD just then, his fitness record is outstanding. Played 34+ league games in each of the 5 seasons since he signed. Not bad for £1.5m player signed for the reserves.

When we're poor he's very poor because he's left up front often trying to hold up play. No doubt his confidence has been down too but when he's running around all along up front he's looked poor because he has been conspicuous when muscled off the ball. Rondon in the team improves him a lot, allows him to concentrate on trying to get in awkward positons more, and Almiron gives him a ball out, and creates space for him by making different runs.

:lol:

His celebration still annoys me, but he's improved immeasurably since I last posted. He's not good enough to be our 10 going forward, but you can't doubt that he's good when he's on a run.

And our fans love him, which is worth its weight in gold.

Rafa clearly rates him and stuck by him when he was supposedly struggling early in the season, which tells you a lot more.

We'll do well to even hang onto Perez, he's so obviously good enough to be in our starting line-up (the hat-trick today was a pretty big clue).

I'd be ecstatic if we've got our current front three as our starting front three next season. They'll all get better as an attacking unit.

Rondon needs competition, though. Joselu is leagues below his standard and the Muto signing was a bit of a farce; the latter hasn't threatened the first team at any point and Atsu will be straight back in in Miggy's absence.

Wish Ashley and his cronies would just fuck off forever and Rafa could just do his thing.