Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

Would be convenient for them to say "Oh, aye, we're not advertising towards kids any more but it's too late to not put the Wonga logo on kids shirts that are coming out in 13 months.  We'll deffo not put them on the 2016/17 shirts though, lols"  And then pull out of the deal anyway.

Would be convenient for them to say "Oh, aye, we're not advertising towards kids any more but it's too late to not put the Wonga logo on kids shirts that are coming out in 13 months.  We'll deffo not put them on the 2016/17 shirts though, lols"  And then pull out of the deal anyway.

I think that was always on the cards, I think the club will have known it as well.

If they do pull out, which I expect they will, then we have previously been linked with some decent companies. 02 were very interested in us before we signed with Wonga, of course their merger with 3 will complicate such deals at the minute. Emirates were interested in us, but their deal with Arsenal meant they couldn't sign with us. With United Airlines launching a Newcastle to New York route next month maybe they would be interested?

No doubt we will end up with some sort of betting company though.

If suddenly Wonga pull out of the shirt deal, there is only one company that will step in that will lead to a permanent deal. Everyone knows it and it'll be fucking disgusting.

I'm not so sure. Ashley has taken charge of two shirt sponsorship deals and Sports Direct have not been placed on the shirts.

If they pulled out mid-season then maybe SD would see out the remainder of that season until a full time sponsorship comes in, even then I think it might be one of his brands sold at SD and not actually SD.

• 4 weeks later...

Do we reckon the club will sell a second sponsor the chance to be on the kids shirts or are we just expecting SD to appear on them?

I imagine the kids ones will be blank

Do we reckon the club will sell a second sponsor the chance to be on the kids shirts or are we just expecting SD to appear on them?

You don't think they'll use this opportunity?

You don't think they'll use this opportunity?

Nah don't think so and im sure wonga wouldn't be too pleased about it either

Wonga chairman Andy Haste, July 2014

This is a serious business that needs to be marketed appropriately. I don’t think Wonga set out to attract the young and the vulnerable but you can see how inadvertently [the puppet adverts] may have done this. I want to take any illusion off the table and we’ll have a good look at how we market Wonga in the future across all of our challenge.

http://i.imgur.com/GX5drZu.png