Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

I'm ok with a rename as long as we get a decent amount for it and every penny is ploughed in to the club and actually spent.

The fuck..

Not sure what's groundbreaking about my statement.

Football has changed, money is required to succeed.

Someone needs to tell that to Leicester.

Lol the one exception in the last how long?

You know better.

Ok, someone should tell Atletico Madrid then.

Again who won the league once. And if they want to remain a force and compete year after year with Madrid will need to focus on commercial revenue to ensure they can.

You're just going to ignore the two Champions League finals, the Europa League title and the Copa del Rey title? [emoji38]

No, I just believe we will need to increase revenue to compete.

We can do that without selling our soul. We're already one of the 20 wealthiest clubs on the planet (or at least were prior to relegation), our failure has had nothing to do with the money we generate.

More examples includes Lille winning the league a few years back, Nice getting into the Champions League this year, Dortmund's success under Klopp. So there are recent examples of comparatively low financed teams having success in four of the five major leagues in Europe lately. Might be a moot point as it's such a small league, but there's also IFK Norrköping here in Sweden who won the league last year in a very similar fashion to Leicester in England.

I'm ok with a rename as long as we get a decent amount for it and every penny is ploughed in to the club and actually spent.

The fuck..

Premier League clubs get £100m+ just for turning up these days, it's really not necessary.

The fuck..

Premier League clubs get £100m+ just for turning up these days, it's really not necessary.

Every club gets this amount so it doesn't make us anymore competitive with other clubs in our league.

BTW this is just my opinion, I'm not saying we should do this or I'd be mad if we didn't I just feel under the correct circumstances it could be beneficial.

The fuck..

Every club gets this amount so it doesn't make us anymore competitive with other clubs in our league.

There's that much money in the league now that it's not really about who spends the most, an extra 5 or even 10 million a year isn't worth it for the ill will it causes.

Wonga runs until May. I'd imagine companies will want to know what league we'll be playing in before committing to any shirt sponsor deal. Also, NUFC will be able to ask for more money if we're coming back to the Premiership. No point wondering which company it will be for at least six months.

Wonga runs until May. I'd imagine companies will want to know what league we'll be playing in before committing to any shirt sponsor deal. Also, NUFC will be able to ask for more money if we're coming back to the Premiership. No point wondering which company it will be for at least six months.

I think it will be a case of seeing who is interested and striking a deal that includes an increase on if we go up. A deal probably won't need to be signed until the end of the year or later, so it gives potential sponsors a chance to see if the team are likely to be promoted.

Guest neesy111

If we go back to VIRGIN it would be a decent sponsor and a statement of fact for most who live their lives on message boards like this for example. 

:anguish:

If we go back to VIRGIN it would be a decent sponsor and a statement of fact for most who live their lives on message boards like this for example. 

:lol:

Speak for yourself.