The other games today - 2014/15

Trumpet

Tremendous day for Kazakhstan football. All 3 representatives beat their EL opponents in the first leg (2 of them away from home !!).

Tromso is destroying Estonian representative 5-0 away from home into second half. No wonder Estonian coefficients are even lower than those of Luxamburg.

On another note, Gibraltar's first ever CL appearance ended up in a 1-1 home draw vs. Faroe Island champions yesterday. Plenty of more games to be played today.

Tromsø won 7-0 :lol: Estonia :yao:

Rosenborg up 4-0 :lol: Latvia :yao:

Haugesund 1-1 against... Airbus UK... :scared:

Late drama and red card, combined with an injury minute goal by FC Santa Coloma sees them progress to 2nd round of CL, due to away goals. Harsh on FC Banants of Armenia. Looks like all Armenian sides will be out of Europe by Thursday. Surely a record :D

Macabi Tel Aviv face Santa Coloma in the next round.

Late drama and red card, combined with an injury minute goal by FC Santa Coloma sees them progress to 2nd round of CL, due to away goals. Harsh on FC Banants of Armenia. Looks like all Armenian sides will be out of Europe by Thursday. Surely a record :D

Macabi Tel Aviv face Santa Coloma in the next round.

You forgot to mention that it was Santa Coloma's keeper (it wasn't even a corner, he just joined the attack) the one that scored the goal that sent them through. Epic finish.

Going to Motherwell - Fulham this Saturday. Hoping some of their world cuppers will be there but probably not. What a reality check it would be :lol: taking a penalty in the quarter final of the world cup to getting halfed by Keith "Keith" Lasley.

It's the chant they sing for him with the drum :lol:

*BOOM*

*BOOM*

*BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM*

"KEITH!"

repeat ad nauseum.

Can get pretty wild, loads of wee neds :lol:

"he's cummin, he's cummin, he's cummin

he's cummin on the women, the women, the women"

I don't know why but I just did a quick look up of Gibraltar's league system, they seem to only have two division, one being added last season, Lincoln Red Imps have won the last 12 league titles, going back to 2002, and have a strong youth ethic. There is also a team called Manchester United, that seem to be consecutively 2nd. Also every team in the division plays in the same stadium, the stadium only seat's 5000 but it is pretty epic:

http://cache.images.globalsportsmedia.com/soccer/venues/600x450/7821.jpg

That's awesome. I want to go.

Pointless information, this is also where all the schools have their sports day :lol:. I have family out there, so I've actually been in that stadium a few times. It looks nice from that angle, but if you turn around you're looking at an airport runway. You can see it in the first 10 seconds of this clip.

One my first trip there was a commotion when we were crossing the border. Turns out that some old lady ignored the sirens and almost got flattened by a plane landing. :lol:

I don't know why but I just did a quick look up of Gibraltar's league system, they seem to only have two division, one being added last season, Lincoln Red Imps have won the last 12 league titles, going back to 2002, and have a strong youth ethic. There is also a team called Manchester United, that seem to be consecutively 2nd. Also every team in the division plays in the same stadium, the stadium only seat's 5000 but it is pretty epic:

Pointless information, this is also where all the schools have their sports day :lol:. I have family out there, so I've actually been in that stadium a few times. It looks nice from that angle, but if you turn around you're looking at an airport runway. You can see it in the first 10 seconds of this clip.

One my first trip there was a commotion when we were crossing the border. Turns out that some old lady ignored the sirens and almost got flattened by a plane landing. :lol:

Fucking hell, thats insane :lol: Having a main road going through the middle of a Airport runway, thats so dangerous. Out of interest, how big is the place, as based off that video and the photo, it seems like it is a very small country (or is it a principality?), especially when every team and school uses the ground for games :lol:

Fucking hell, thats insane :lol: Having a main road going through the middle of a Airport runway, thats so dangerous. Out of interest, how big is the place, as based off that video and the photo, it seems like it is a very small country (or is it a principality?), especially when every team and school uses the ground for games :lol:

It's a British Colony, so technically part of the UK. It's tiny, pretty much the rock and a few houses built onto the side of it. This picture shows the scale of it. :lol:

http://www.eliotthotel.com/d/gibraltar/media/Gibraltar1.jpg

Lovely place to visit though. No tax and you have the southern coast of Spain on your doorstep. Only a short ferry trip to Morocco as well.