Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Personally think De Jong has looked absolutely deadly in the short time he's been on the pitch for us, he's just a fucking perma-crock (I've missed that made up phrase).

Has he scored twice? Not a bad ratio considering he's only played about 45 minutes total.

Siem De Jong seems like the kind of player you want when you are going to be dominating a game and the other team will be defending deep, Sissoko is more of a counter attacking player who needs space to run into.

Agree with this

SDJ has looked very smart in the very small amount of time he's played for us.

I'd definitely have him in the team as one of the first names on the teamsheet.

I'd go with something like...

------Anita----Gini--------

-Thauvin--SDJ--Sissoko-

------Nutcase/Cisse------

Perez is excellent and would come in for any of the front four if/when they are out.

• 2 weeks later...
“I know Siem very well from my days in Holland. He’s a kind of Teddy Sheringham even Dennis Bergkamp. He’s got that vision and the capability to do things with the ball that no other player can do. He’s a true number ten.

“The way he’s trained over the last few weeks he’s getting to the levels of what he’s been in the past. He needs games but from what I’ve seen, and I know him well, he’s getting to that level.

“He’s not a real midfielder or a forward, he’s between the lines. He’s very clever and inventive and can score goals so we’re very pleased he’s getting close to where he needs to be.

“We’ve missed that kind of player. Any team would.”

I was working on the building site next to the training ground last week and i was watching training while sitting on the scaffolding having my bait. De Jong looked very very good,took the piss out of the defenders(not that difficult to do).