Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

We lost all our momentum when he came on.

It meant Tiote went off which meant the midfield was overran.

It also meant Ayoze was shoved left wing and starved of the ball.

From what little I've seen of De Lung I think he's a crock of shit.

Such a shit signing, this guy. One of the worst.

Wouldn't go that far.

I'm usually pretty quick to write players off but I still have hope for siem, he never really looks inept on the ball he's just usually behind play or in the wrong position, hopefully that's more down to his injury and lack of game time than any lack of talent.

He looked handy at Villa in his first or second game for us, was always involved and making things happen.

I like him and hope he does well but suspect he'll end up being regarded as a flop, a la Jon Dahl Tomasson.

Reminds me of Viana a bit. Very talented but totally unsuited to the physicality and pace of the league. 

He'd have been exactly the same last season had he been fit. Absolutely unsuited to our style when we bought him and now he's totally unsuited to the formation we play. Poor bloke must've wished he'd stopped in Amsterdam.

I'm not completely convinced he could partner mitrovic has to be said, he's meant to be not very quick but good in the air and bringing balls down, in a way seems similar to mitrovic but not suited to the league, he's not going to have the lateral movement that makes Perez such an effective partner up front. He would make more sense behind Perez imo.