Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

How will he pass his medical?

'Have you had any ailments within the last 3 years sir?'

'Eh? speak up...me tinnitis is acting up and me bowels are playing havoc so I'm a bit distracted - haven't had a proper shit in weeks and even when I do it looks like weetabix when you've put too much milk on. What did you want to know again?'

I've just got an overriding feeling of disappointment with how it worked out for him here. In some of his cameos he looked very talented but couldn't get a run of games with his injuries. He also deserved more game time under McClaren when he was fit but just didn't get it.

I think games like Sheffield Wednesday in the cup and Aston Villa at home really went some way to damage his career here. Both games he missed absolute sitters that could have led to more game time if they'd found the back of the net.

Good luck to him though, I hope he gets fit and does well.

Funniest thing ive read all week. Siem is having a medical...................... has he actually stopped having medicals in the last 3 years?

He's flying over, they've hired a van to take his medical records.

I've just got an overriding feeling of disappointment with how it worked out for him here. In some of his cameos he looked very talented but couldn't get a run of games with his injuries. He also deserved more game time under McClaren when he was fit but just didn't get it.

I think games like Sheffield Wednesday in the cup and Aston Villa at home really went some way to damage his career here. Both games he missed absolute sitters that could have led to more game time if they'd found the back of the net.

Good luck to him though, I hope he gets fit and does well.

Tend to agree with both this and Ian W's view on this fella.

Can't help but think that maybe one of him or Thauvin might've hit it off this season and both could potentially be 'difference makers' at this level.