Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

I really like this guy.  He's not quick but he has that Nolan-esque ability of just being where he needs to be without ever actually running anywhere.  Links up play intelligently, knows when to drop off and give an option and when to push and most importantly he actually seems to care.

I'd give him the no.10 spot for the rest of the season.  Townsend on the left, Mitro up top, Siem dictating play with Shelvey and Saivet behind him.  If we can find a heart for the tin man then Sissoko on the right, otherwise, fuck him and put someone else there.

De Jong and saivet need trying at least. Can't believe saivet can be that bad.

Completely agree with this. Usually i'd push for Tiote to play as he can be a good DM when he wants to be but I think the fact that he hasn't been able to get a new contract/transfer worth far more ££ p/w is now dictating how he performs.

There is nothing difficult in what a player like Kante does for Leicester. You need to be very fit with high intensity.

Kante is one of the players of the season but he doesn't exactly act the showman he just keeps a continual level of consistency and does his job very well, like quite a few other Leicester players this season, there application to their roles has been of the highest standard, probably why Ranieri has hardly messed with his side.

Saivet for all we know could be as good as Kante, he's been around as long and had a bigger reputation prior to Kante's current season.

Guest Montezuma0

There is nothing difficult in what a player like Kante does for Leicester. You need to be very fit with high intensity.

Kante is one of the players of the season but he doesn't exactly act the showman he just keeps a continual level of consistency and does his job very well, like quite a few other Leicester players this season, there application to their roles has been of the highest standard, probably why Ranieri has hardly messed with his side.

Saivet for all we know could be as good as Kante, he's been around as long and had a bigger reputation prior to Kante's current season.

Agree

Guest Montezuma0

Kante has come into a camp with a superb mentality, Saivet the opposite. But! Isn't it time individuals started rallying for an improvement in standards rather than falling in with the bad apples?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

The forgotten man. Had to go back 5 pages to find the  thread about him. Would love to think Benitez can get him fit and we can get a good run of games out of him this coming season. Been very impressed with the way he links up our midfield and attacking play the few times I've actually seen him play for us and he's certainly a clever little player with a decent shot on him. Think he could do well next season if, big if I know, he can keep himself fit. Hopefully the new training facilities and having staff there who know what they're doing can help there.

I do think if he stays and if he is healthy (massive if) he will be very good for us next season. Although, if he becomes a key player some Championship thug will probably break him in two.

I do think if he stays and if he is healthy (massive if) he will be very good for us next season. Although, if he becomes a key player some Championship thug will probably break him in two.

;D ;D ;D

What was the context of this again, Tommy? :lol:

I literally can't hear it without thinking about him now :lol:

:lol: he probably wakes up every morning why the fuck he joined us :lol: was captain of Ajax and won the title and came here for some cash, tons of injuries, and a perma-bench spot.

Gary Jules' "Mad World" cover just starts playing in his head as soon as he opens his eyes :lol:

Pretty sure we will keep him this year. He seems determined not to be a failure here and return to Holland with his tail between his legs. He also won't have a huge amount of suitors at clubs bigger than this.

Not sure how he will fit in but think he will be valuable to us this year if he can finally put his injury problems to bed for a bit. We have literally been saying that since he arrived though. Frustrating all round.

Just looks like he's applying ice tbf, considering it's the start of preseason he's probably just doing everything to recover after training sessions and not get injured.