Siem de Jong (still alive)

Guest ManDoon

Guest Recoba

I liked De Jong's performance last night but I am concerned about his athleticism. I know it is not the be all end all, but he is the slowest attacking midfielder we have had since Kevin Nolan.  He really cannot get around the pitch.

I think/can see De Jong playing most games where we probably are likely to have more possession, meanwhile away against the better teams he's may not be the perfect option for us. At least not until we are competing better possession wise in our away games.

What a gorgeous little header last night. Should start whenever fit. Too classy a footballer not to.

Agree completely.

Think he has been written off by too many because of his injuries.

Very classy player.

sissoko  wijnaldum

De Jong

Anita to rotate...the 3 of them can all cover ACM position too.

We'd get mauled with that midfield 3.  They're way too forward thinking, there's no balance.

Sissoko on the right.

Thauvin on the left.

Midfield three of Anita, Wijnaldum and De Jong.

Ayoze first off the bench.

:nope:

As a starting point, most definitely.

Not starting him ahead of any of those folks to begin with.

He should be first off the bench and start the odd game.

If he continues to shine then look to move one of Sissoko or De Jong, whichever isn't performing as well as they should.

As an intelligent footballer probably not, but Sissoko impacts the game far beyond De Jong and the rest of the team tbh. It's underestimated how important his ability to basically counter by himself is to the team even if he doesn't have the brain that De Jong has.

Not really it's because Sissoko and Wijnaldum are better [emoji38]

Sissoko isn't better, like. Nowhere near.

Sissoko is so underrated by some. I'd class Sissoko as our best player, above Wijnaldum as well. He's played a game and a half this season and was probably our best player against Southampton and the first half against Swansea(not much competition there mind)

I liked De Jong's performance last night but I am concerned about his athleticism. I know it is not the be all end all, but he is the slowest attacking midfielder we have had since Kevin Nolan.  He really cannot get around the pitch.

When you have the intelligence and awareness that De Jong has on the pitch, you don't need pace or athleticism to be effective.