2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like Germany. I like the country. I like their people. I like their beer. I like their women. I like their transport system. I fucking love their transport system actually. I like their currywurst.

But tonight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/800px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Basically this.

Maxwell on Dutch television saying Brazil was far behind Germany and Holland tactically. Doesn't sounds like he rates Scolari.

Which we were, everyone saw that. Scolari made many errors and relied on Fred, Oscar and Hulk waking up when Neymar went down. To be fair to Scolari though, without him we'd probably not even gone through the group stages. The work Mano was doing was the worst job I've witnessed by anyone, even by Pardew.

How on earth are you putting Fred and Hulk in the same bracket as Oscar? Oscar is a footballer. The other two might as well be lumberjacks brought in from a ranch. Seriously can't get my head around the selection of those two ahead of Bernard, Moura and Coutinho. Could easily have played Neymar centrally and taken a pick from who to play around him. Fred is the worst striker I have ever seen play for a major footballing nation. Ever. Hulk and Jo are the second and third worst. It's painfully baffling to me.

This. If there was any shining light in this world cup for the Brazilians, it came from Oscar after Neymar went out, and I would also say Julio Cesar... not much he could've done about many of the goals, and kept the score down in many other games.

Oscar was f***ing mint (not against the Germans, obviously, but what the f*** can you do inside a tornado...)

Oscar wasn't fucking mint, Oscar is the biggest disappointment that I've experienced as a brazilian fan in a World Cup. Comparing the expectation off him to what he produced is the biggest gap I've witnessed in my life. For all the shit Hulk and Fred got they are still players capable of scoring goals and were really abysmal compared to what they usually produce, but the gap between what they produced and their level isn't the same as Oscars. Oscar is one of the best #10 in the world.

Oscar started the World Cup with 20 horrible minutes, then he grew into the Croatia game and took over. After that game he was gone hiding, don't ask me why or how, but he disappeared from every single footballing pitch until yesterday. Every time the ball came to him his first touch was like the ball was as we say in portuguese a 'hot potato', the ball just wouldn't stick to his foot. He didn't create a single chance in 5 games. He was given the same role in 7 matches, and failed massively in 5 of them.

I'll say it again, Oscar is the biggest disappointment I've witnessed in World Cups not because he was shite as there were many like him, but because I know of the football he can produce, because I know how good he can be and because despite all of that he didn't show any of it.

He should have included Ronaldinho. Thats the worst selection error ever.

:lol: Would've definitely been a better party at the very least.

and felipao, i understand you rate Luiz, with sound reasons, but i can swear that Brazil will never win the world cuo again if Luiz's there. He is exactly the type of defenders that you couldnt rely on in a tournament. 5 excellent games, 1 disaster, done.  Ability-wise he is world best, but tournament requires you to perform consistently and make no error in every game, EVERY.

i am not solely blaming him for this world cup (scolari should be the one), but going forward it is better to find another defender to parter with Thiago.

Aye fair enough, but he won the CL with Chelsea, so I don't really buy that. Also think that with Neymar and TSilva anything could've happened against Germany. Team was lost as Argentina or Holland or anyone except Germany would be without their two best players.  But yeah ultimately you're probably right. I said it all along that we should've gone for a 3-4-3 where I see him thriving more.

If destiny is a real concept, Messi wins tonight. It's the night of his life, the stage he belongs on and he's been my player of the tournament. Argentina won't collapse like Brazil did in those 400 seconds, so I can see it being a cagey game - probably 1-0 Germany. Would absolutely love Argentina to win it though, they've been my team all along. It'd be amazing if Messi did what everyone said he had to, and he did it in the Maracana!

Big question is, are Germany confident enough in themselves to just play their own game, or will they have Messi tactics like everyone else? So excited for tonight :fwap:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv8LixqzZazjhiP9hohW8WphJLFj3w0kKOEMNirlO30AjjUcS6NA

Considering the treatment other teams gave him, I think he's done really well. 4 goals in the groups, it was down to him that Di Maria scored against Switzerland, he played well against Belgium (also, dat pass!) although he was quiet against Holland. One off day is alright, though. Until Holland, he'd been brilliant and Argentina would be nowhere near the final without him.

The feeling on the streets here is not even close to being tense.

Everyone, really everyone expects Germany to win so comfortably.

I want Germany to win now cause it'll bring me back to all square betting wise in the world cup and well, in the end, I'm a German and not from Argentina.

But, for some of them arrogant people - mostly Bayern Munich supporters who got their flags out after the 4-0 trashing of Portugal and alsmost got them back in after the 2-2 draw against Ghana - I'd also welcome an upset today.

Anyway, bring it on.

If destiny is a real concept, Messi wins tonight. It's the night of his life, the stage he belongs on and he's been my player of the tournament. Argentina won't collapse like Brazil did in those 400 seconds, so I can see it being a cagey game - probably 1-0 Germany. Would absolutely love Argentina to win it though, they've been my team all along. It'd be amazing if Messi did what everyone said he had to, and he did it in the Maracana!

Big question is, are Germany confident enough in themselves to just play their own game, or will they have Messi tactics like everyone else? So excited for tonight :fwap:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSv8LixqzZazjhiP9hohW8WphJLFj3w0kKOEMNirlO30AjjUcS6NA

IIRC, in 2010, they made sure to double up on Messi and Schweini followed him around whenever Argentina had the ball, but otherwise they played their game and destroyed Argentina.