2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seems like a right smashing lad and preferred to stay on his feet when possible.

People have totally different personalities on the pitch to in normal life, anybody that doesn't know this has never played sport

:bob:

Good lad

Is that Hardcore Holly? :lol:

Aye, saw that yesterday. Should come as no surprise, mind. The bloke should get back on the booze and the drugs. Might make him more intelligent.

Predicted 3-0 to Brazil vs Holland in that article, have only just spotted that. :lol:

Brazil's biggest problem is they defend and attack as individuals and not as a team, so proper teams like Dutch and Germans exploited it to the fullest.

TBH Holland didn't exploit anything. It was an early set back which set the game tempo, with a good ref neither of the last two goals would've stood. They deserved the win for the tournament they've done, and for the way they defended.

It's a good thing you're not blaming the ref.. :lol:

The ref was s**** for both teams. You should have had a pen, but we should have had another, Silva should have been off, and Robben should be one on one after that Silva slip that was called a foul by Van Persie.

Where did I blame the ref though? I'm just saying you're team didn't exploit anything and yet you deserved to win. Like I said, the ref missed on Silva, should've been a red and a free-kick, but I think he gave a penalty so he didn't have to send Silva off. Also, you should never have had a 2nd penalty, was quite clear a handball by Robben when Fernandinho went onto him. Anyways, not blaming the ref, just saying that the scoreline doesn't really reflect the game in general, still think Netherlands are a much more deserving team to get that bronze than us. We aren't even a top 8 side in this World Cup.

Really? I didn't see a hand ball and I don't think anybody else on here mentioned it. I'd have to see it again, but I have my doubts.

It looked like it hit off his arm when he tried to chest it down right before the foul.

Maxwell on Dutch television saying Brazil was far behind Germany and Holland tactically. Doesn't sounds like he rates Scolari.

Which we were, everyone saw that. Scolari made many errors and relied on Fred, Oscar and Hulk waking up when Neymar went down. To be fair to Scolari though, without him we'd probably not even gone through the group stages. The work Mano was doing was the worst job I've witnessed by anyone, even by Pardew.

How on earth are you putting Fred and Hulk in the same bracket as Oscar? Oscar is a footballer. The other two might as well be lumberjacks brought in from a ranch. Seriously can't get my head around the selection of those two ahead of Bernard, Moura and Coutinho. Could easily have played Neymar centrally and taken a pick from who to play around him. Fred is the worst striker I have ever seen play for a major footballing nation. Ever. Hulk and Jo are the second and third worst. It's painfully baffling to me.

This. If there was any shining light in this world cup for the Brazilians, it came from Oscar after Neymar went out, and I would also say Julio Cesar... not much he could've done about many of the goals, and kept the score down in many other games.

Oscar was fucking mint (not against the Germans, obviously, but what the fuck can you do inside a tornado...)

and felipao, i understand you rate Luiz, with sound reasons, but i can swear that Brazil will never win the world cuo again if Luiz's there. He is exactly the type of defenders that you couldnt rely on in a tournament. 5 excellent games, 1 disaster, done.  Ability-wise he is world best, but tournament requires you to perform consistently and make no error in every game, EVERY.

i am not solely blaming him for this world cup (scolari should be the one), but going forward it is better to find another defender to parter with Thiago.

Your username being the name of the greatest striker you've ever seen and a pretty sound bloke to boot?

You're named after one of the finest centre forwards in history. He's named after Roy Keane's dog. I think for once you have the upper hand[emoji38]

Luiz would work in a 3 man defense, he could bomb forward then with less worry and playmake from deep. He's a very good player with all the wrong attributes for his position. They should have gone for a 3-4-2-1 with Coutinho and Oscar behind Neymar (when Neymar got injured just played Oscar as a false no 9 or something) or something. Coutinho should have gone, as should Lucas Mourra, both not world beaters (yet) but would have added a lot of pace. Hulk was a disaster.

Robben should be player of the tournament IMO but doubt he'll get it. He's been amazing as he has been for the last three seasons.

Think him, James and Muller should fight it over. But FIFA will give to Messi if they win no matter what. If Germany wins it, then maybe just maybe James or Robben might win it.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but IIRC the player of the tournament award is decided before the final, and made public after it.

Think Müller should get it, but it's hard to single out a German player, it's a magnificent team effort.

and felipao, i understand you rate Luiz, with sound reasons, but i can swear that Brazil will never win the world cuo again if Luiz's there. He is exactly the type of defenders that you couldnt rely on in a tournament. 5 excellent games, 1 disaster, done.  Ability-wise he is world best, but tournament requires you to perform consistently and make no error in every game, EVERY.

i am not solely blaming him for this world cup (scolari should be the one), but going forward it is better to find another defender to parter with Thiago.

Good post. Capable of the sublime, but ultimately as a defender/player - the man is a ticking time bomb.

Never thought i would say this but come on Germany ,great team performances all the way through with goals all over the pitch and not relying too much on one man to bail them out  :slowclap:

Guest thenorthumbrian

Never thought i would say this but come on Germany ,great team performances all the way through with goals all over the pitch and not relying too much on one man to bail them out  :slowclap:

I agree, not only have they played the best football but I admire the way German football is organized.

I like Germany. I like the country. I like their people. I like their beer. I like their women. I like their transport system. I fucking love their transport system actually. I like their currywurst.

But tonight.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1a/Flag_of_Argentina.svg/800px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png