Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Apparently Liverpool were looking at him last Summer and are still very keen on him as they are looking for a replacement for Glen Johnson.

Liverpool and Newcastle have already had 'discussions' about Janmaat.

Source: football reporter at the Echo that I know (who actually does the Everton beat).

Unlikely to be here next season.

If Liverpool want him then the biggest problem would be persuading him he should stay. Keeping a class player at a shite club with no ambition is a difficult proposition.

The thought of them even trying to keep him. :lol:

He'll be out of the door whether he likes it or not. All of this cash they've promised Ryder and Carver they'll be spending doesn't arrive by itself, gotta generate it somehow. If only there was a cash reserve or a massive tv deal on the horizon...

He's the only player to emerge from the last two games with any form of credit. Feel really bad for the guy, playing out of position and yet he looks better than our so called "captain" and is surrounded by shite players at almost every angle.

Bit harsh on Ayoze and Abeid like but agree other than that :thup:

Just following on from what others have said. Absolutely top class player. He could slot into any team in the prem at right back right now.

According to Carver he lacks the derby DNA though. Fuck me.

Apparently Liverpool were looking at him last Summer and are still very keen on him as they are looking for a replacement for Glen Johnson.

Aye mate of mine asked me about this yesterday " Newcastle wouldn't sell after one season would they? " I was like :yao:

Yep, a "one & done" player, to borrow the college basketball term. We are quite the productive feeder club.

Guest neesy111

Surely will be sold in the summer for profit?

Can't remember the last player we sold for a worthwhile fee.

Debuchy.

Surely will be sold in the summer for profit?

Can't remember the last player we sold for a worthwhile fee.

Debuchy.

Considering the fees footballers goes for these days i'm not even sure that's true.

It's not.

The armband will add a bit to the fee, during continued talks with Liverpool, or other potential suitors. Buying a top player with leadership qualities, and a club captain, will cost you.

Janmaat  deserves it..... although with a transfer window coming up - perfect timing by Carver/the club.