Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

I remember criticizing him at the beginning of the season for cutting inside when he got near the opposition box. Although he has scored a goal that way it's his crosses that are lethal.

There was a spell of games where Janmaat's levels dropped considerably.  Around Christmas, if memory serves...

It wasn't much of a drop, he's always been our most effective player other than Cisse.

Guest TruToon94

The only "good" defender in the squad.

Our defense should by all means have been Janmaat, Santon and MYM (and preferably sign another CB) who are all young players with international experience.

Instead we're stuck with an over the hill t*** ass licker and a championship at best CD with a bunch of others who are too young to be anywhere near the starting squad. How the hell can a club f*** up this badly? Christ we're a laughing stock.

Our defense should by all means have been Janmaat, Santon and MYM (and preferably sign another CB) who are all young players with international experience.

I will genuinely never understand how we allowed this to happen, especially Santon just now. Why allow a puppet manager followed by a cone-arranger ruin your investment in quality young players that you've signed? Even under Ashley's system it makes no sense at all.

• 3 weeks later...

He's a proper leader of the team, should definitely take the armband next season. Another cracking performance too :thup:

I think Henderson is lined up as Liverpool's next captain.

Deserves so much more than this shit. Hope for his sake that he gets out of the sinking ship before he gets Carvdewed.

Will probably end up at somewhere like arsenal or Liverpool, wouldn't blame him either.

Journo I know at the Liverpool Echo (who's actually on the Everton beat) confirms that Liverpool have made contact with NUFC with regard to Janmaat.

Will probably end up at somewhere like arsenal or Liverpool, wouldn't blame him either.

Journo I know at the Liverpool Echo (who's actually on the Everton beat) confirms that Liverpool have made contact with NUFC with regard to Janmaat.

Younger and better than Debuchy, will take 13 million :lol:

Younger and better than Debuchy, will take 13 million :lol:

£7m would probably do it, to offset the £1.8m wasted on Riviere..!

He's great, loved the bit yesterday when he was looking for an option for a forward pass and no one showed so he laid the ball off and started going mental at someone for not making the run or whatever. Looked like a proper captain.

Him, Krul, Sissoko, Cabella & Perez. Maybe Cisse too. The rest of them need flogging and a new team built around that spine. More likely most of them will be playing for other teams though.

As I said earlier in this thread, Liverpool contemplated trying to gazump us for Janmaat in the close season ; they will be regretting not doing so because they will have to fork out another few mill to get him - but get him they almost certainly will.

The lad is an excellent RB and will prove himself top quality in their team - totally wasted at the circus called NUFC and its a wonder he is still producing good performances in a side that clearly doesn't care for most of the time. Far better than both Beye and Debuchy in my opinion and I wish him well when he leaves.