Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Yeah he's had a poor start to the season but to say he wouldn't play for a lot of teams in the league is ridiculous

So what teams would he start for in your opinion? I think top 6 + Everton he wouldn't get in. That's a few teams in my opinion.

Yeah he's had a poor start to the season but to say he wouldn't play for a lot of teams in the league is ridiculous

So what teams would he start for in your opinion? I think top 6 + Everton he wouldn't get in. That's a few teams in my opinion.

He's better than Walker and Clyne.

I'd have him in front of Walker at Spurs. So thats 14 teams out of 20. You said he wouldn't get in a lot of teams. Thats nearly 75% of the teams

Yeah by a lot I meant he wouldn't get in in less then half the teams. Otherwise I would've said majority ;)

Was hoping for a swift apology. Pleased he's given one but the sending off would be brainless in any match, I think the fact it's at a monster away trip which makes it worse for the travelling fans.

Always feel like he tries to do too much for the team at all times. He'd be better simplifying his game and picking his moments when to attack better. Currently he blows himself out after 60-70mins after running up and down the line instead of forming a balanced partnership with Sissoko.

People will obviously say it's just knee-jerk reactions but I do genuinely think that defensively he is quite overrated by the majority of our fanbase.

No, I think he's rated exactly how he should be. Better going forward than he is defending, but not a bad defender by any means.

Overrated would be someone saying he's one of the best defensive RBs in the league, which he's not and no one has claimed (of course I can't really think of any lights-out defensive RBs playing in the PL at the moment, by virtue of the modern fullback being tasked with far more attacking responsibilities than in the past). He proved himself a capable defender while filling in admirably at CB last season.

Guest antz1uk

Gets wound up quite easily when he's getting roasted like. If you're going to get yourself sent off do it properly and half the c***, not for a tug in their half.

Surprised he wasn't arrested

Gets wound up quite easily when he's getting roasted like. If you're going to get yourself sent off do it properly and half the c***, not for a tug in their half.

Surprised he wasn't arrested

:spit:

The more I see it, the more I think the ref fucked up. If your giving a yellow card for that then your giving a yellow card for every foul on the pitch.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fact that he has a big fucking grin on his face as he sent him off does him no justice.

He's the same red who disallowed the Tiote goal against City, and I'm sure last year he turned down a couple of blatant penalties as well.

I think the context was important. He had brought down Montero a few times and was clearly trying to foul him to stop him breaking again.

If his 2nd booking goes down as persistent fowling then you have a point, if it's gone down for the shirt pull then it says everything.

You can argue that Janmaat was looking to be sent off but the other side of the coin is that the referee was looking to send Janmaat off.

Let's not forget Janmaat's other fouls that was unpunished was when he never made any contact.

He had a fucking howler. Players have them from time to time. It was his fault, not the managers, and at the same time it doesn't mean he's shite.

Was regrettable but come the end of the season I'm sure we'll look back and say he was one of our best players again.

He had a fucking howler. Players have them from time to time. It was his fault, not the managers, and at the same time it doesn't mean he's shite.

Was regrettable but come the end of the season I'm sure we'll look back and say he was one of our best players again.

Fair and balanced