Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

Who though? The only (somewhat solid) links I've seen are Riviere and Lacazette. Neither of them are that level

Take a punt on Diabaté?  Maybe Vela from Sociedad since they've just got that bloke from Heerenveen.

Sociedad just paid Arsenal huge money to get Vela on a permanent like.

The true litmus test is still whether we get a Cabella-level striker that we really need.

Who though? The only (somewhat solid) links I've seen are Riviere and Lacazette. Neither of them are that level

Take a punt on Diabaté?  Maybe Vela from Sociedad since they've just got that bloke from Heerenveen.

Hadn't seen that, they paid about £12m to buy out his £3.5m buy back clause.  Shame, I think he's a canny player.

How much would Doumbia from CSKA Moscow cost?  I assume too much..  Would the same apply to Rondon?

Doumbia's contract runs out in 2015, but think they'll still want a fair whack. At least £15 million. Besides he's a little un. So as the lead striker, me no think so.

Wouldn't shock me if he immediately moves elsewhere, bit of a Spanish trick that one. Levante did it with Caicedo. Atleti did it with Demichelis last summer too.

It's been far too quiet on the main striker front tbh. Personally, I would like to see us go all out for Lukaku. May be unrealistic, but if you don't try...

Sell him the whole, look who weve signed, your the last piece of the puzzle.

I'm really hoping that's what we're doing. Maybe not Lukaku, but for someone. Now were one cb in and out from selling a top striker a good, settled squad for next season.

Guest VanBarduck

@nicolas_vilas

#MCS : #Rivière vendu par #Monaco à #Newcastle pour plus de 8 millions d'euros

Done deal.

reply to that tweet:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ‏@loick9811  8m View translation

@nicolas_vilas Newcastle quel club de pigeon

I have no idea what this means, but I think I would enjoy the company of @nicolas_vilas

Guest VanBarduck

@nicolas_vilas

#MCS : #Rivière vendu par #Monaco à #Newcastle pour plus de 8 millions d'euros

Done deal.

This lad any good?

A mix between Gouff/Rémy. Very energetic striker, good finisher and decent link-up play, he's still young and has room for improvement, but you can  sense he'll never be a top-class striker.