Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Perhaps pardew playing him against the medical teams advice didn't prove to be a very good idea in the end

:lol: fucking hell, I'm no pardew fan but to blame him for "bigi" and Aarons not making it is comical. They never were pl players it's that simple hence why then and the ones of that time are nowhere

You have no fucking idea whether they were PL players or not and Pardew certainly didn't help their careers.

Perhaps pardew playing him against the medical teams advice didn't prove to be a very good idea in the end

:lol: fucking hell, I'm no pardew fan but to blame him for "bigi" and Aarons not making it is comical. They never were pl players it's that simple hence why then and the ones of that time are nowhere

You have no fucking idea whether they were PL players or not and Pardew certainly didn't help their careers.

I know they're not hence why they are miles away from the pl now

Our supposedly highly rated youngsters from the last 5 seasons or so

Curtis good- still in our under 23s and never will be a pl defender

Bigirimana- Motherwell

Amalfatano- Dijon

Vuckic- fc twente

Adam Campbell- morceambe

Adam Armstrong- Blackburn

Abeid- Dijon

Marveaux- lorient

Aaron's- liberec

Not one has gone on to do anything or be pl standard. Mbabu against Chelsea was the only one who looked like he could be a good pl player. All we have produced for the first team in the last decade is paul fucking dummett. Can't be another pl club with a worse record than that surely

They were 23 and 26 when we signed them. I knew marveaux was older but the way people went on about him was like he was Arjen Robben. Like I said this wouldn't have happened pre Ashely it's just a symptom of our fanbase in general having there standards lowered

If them players above were as good as people were making them out to be then why isn't a single one of them a decent premier league player or at a big club?

Becoming a PL player isn’t a linear thing like Football Manager. We’ve had loads of players who were highly rated as kids stagnate or regress as they get older. The culture of the club isn’t helpful to these kids as they only get a chance if there’s an injury crisis, and this probably reduces their motivation and ambition to get better as they can’t see a clear pathway to the first team. By the time the likes of Vuckic, Bigi, Aarons leave Newcastle they are miles behind players of their own age who they were once the equal of or better than. All three of those players and more like Kemen and Mbabu were hand selected by us at a young age from outside our academy so they were obviously really talented players. The list of these players is so long now that I don’t think its a coincidence that all our highly rated young players fall apart at 20/21

23 and 26 while signed are hardly youngsters. Show me one post where people are happy with our academy production or being fucking happy with the Ashley era.

Been excited about an academy player is hardly a crime anyway even if they haven't ended up been good enough. Academy was fucking shite before Ashley too so I don't really understand what's your point here.

Aye. Was the only player performing at the start of that 2014-15 season looking back, particularly the Palace home game. Remember Aarons himself RT'd a tweet from a fan saying that, something along the lines of 'shame Pardew played you through injuries to save his job'.

He might not have been amazing but players with pace are good assets to have and his then manager certainly didn't help things, the horrid cunt.

On loan to f***ing Bulgaria man  :lol: :lol: nearly as bad as the next big thing vuckic ending up on bradfords bench or "bigi" at f***ing Motherwell

Vuckic is my biggest disappointment. Didn’t he miss months due to a sprained finger at one point?

Lad must have been 6’2 at least. Looked a beast even at 18.

Are the youth team being treated like snowflakes?

Hopefully he's been practicing his chess otherwise he'll never make any Czech mates

He’ll just sit in his room watching pawn

Bashing the bishop?

You lot are just pawns in joeyt's silly games, I'm having none of it.

Don't be such a drama queen.

On loan to f***ing Bulgaria man  :lol: :lol: nearly as bad as the next big thing vuckic ending up on bradfords bench or "bigi" at f***ing Motherwell

Vuckic is my biggest disappointment. Didn’t he miss months due to a sprained finger at one point?

Lad must have been 6’2 at least. Looked a beast even at 18.

Are the youth team being treated like snowflakes?

Just not that good. He couldn't get a game at either Bradford or Rotherham at one point man

Anyhow the only real time we seen these was when they were rolled out every January to make sure we went out the fa cup, I think that's my main grievance against these as they infuriated me them Cup surrenders and still do.

Not the young players fault though I guess it's down to the owner and all our managers not giving a toss about cups

a lot of what's being said in here glosses over the importance of developing at the right time as to whether a young player is going to make it at the top level imho

it's easy enough to say pardew playing him when he did couldn't possibly have meant he's now out on loan where he is but you just never know...when he broke through he had all the attributes a modern player needs but his body started falling apart

had he been nursed through it properly by a competent manager and medical team anything could have happened, the mental side with him might have been as big as the physical

it's too complicated an issue to be so dismissive of how he was handled as a youth could have affected him imo

Hopefully he's been practicing his chess otherwise he'll never make any Czech mates

Bashing the bishop?

Stop this before it goes Stale, mate.

Bashing the bishop?

Stop this before it goes Stale, mate.

Fine I'll call it a knight.