Rolando Aarons

Chapo

Guest neesy111

Rolando Ranger, Nile Aarons.

Read the article ffs, there is no comparison. Whoever changed the thread title is a dick, pushing sensationalism in the hopes of a laugh.

Eh, he could still be jailed.

I repeat, read the article - all the way, the closing paragraph(s) clearly indicate everything that preceded was shit-stirring journalism.

There is no comparison between Ranger and Aarons, which is, (clearly, yet you missed it), what I was responding to.

One was a career criminal who happened to have some talent, the other is a young sportsman who got caught up in a fracas - which the other party started.

I sincerely doubt there will be any custodial sentences handed out.

Very misleading headline like :lol:

You could be jailed for a variety of offences, but it doesn’t mean it’s ever going to happen. For example, ABH carries a maximum of 5 years inprisonment, but you aint going to get 5 years (or jailed at all) if you punch someone once leaving them with a broken nose.

His offence is very minor, a first offence (I believe?), absolutely no chance of him being jailed at all :lol:

Mr Logic, if you don't see any comparison  between young promising footballers getting caught up in things off the field that don't reflect well on themselves or the club, then I can only feel sorry for your naivety and I apologise that I upset you.

Mr Logic, if you don't see any comparison  between young promising footballers getting caught up in things off the field that don't reflect well on themselves or the club, then I can only feel sorry for your naivety and I apologise that I upset you.

We've had several players get caught up in stupid off the field shenanigans. What was it about Aarons that made you equate him to Nile Ranger rather than say... Andy Carroll? or Joey Barton?

We've had several players get caught up in stupid off the field shenanigans. What was it about Aarons that made you equate him to Nile Ranger rather than say... Andy Carroll? or Joey Barton?

Because neither had broken through and established themselves in the first team before getting in trouble IIRC. Carroll 'suposedly' broke Taylor's jaw but was already our main striker. Barton was a long established pro.

I don't appreciate the lazy racist insinuation.

Because neither had broken through and established themselves in the first team before getting in trouble IIRC. Carroll 'suposedly' broke Taylor's jaw but was already our main striker. Barton was a long established pro.

Andy Carroll at 21 years of age went to court for assaulting a man in a nightclub, which is pretty much identical to what Aarons is being accused of, with the exception that I'm fairly sure Andy Carroll didn't go clubbing with his Aunt. He's far more comparable than repeat offender/bellend Nile Ranger.

Andy Carroll at 21 years of age went to court for assaulting a man in a nightclub, which is pretty much identical to what Aarons is being accused of, with the exception that I'm fairly sure Andy Carroll didn't go clubbing with his Aunt. He's far more comparable than repeat offender/bellend Nile Ranger.

Andy Aarons then if you prefer?

• 3 months later...

I see Rolando Aarons wasn't given a squad number. A loan to an English League team or a sale abroad are his options then.

NUFC.com

Dropping out of the list is Rolando Aarons, whose squad number 16 remains unallocated. Not sighted since the opening two games of the season, his Magpies career now looks over.

He looked really good at times then always injured. Was really excited to see how he’d do in championship after we got relegated and he ended up injured for most of the season

Does he need to be in the squad, given his age? Obviously the lack of number isn't a good sign, but he could technically still play again, no?

He's over the threshold now.

Do we even have the full 25?

24 "senior" players and 3 U21's given squad numbers, so there is still a gap. No idea whether you can add people after the close of the window, the rules around this change that often.

https://www.themag.co.uk/2018/08/3-names-missing-as-newcastle-united-squad-numbers-released-for-2018-19/

The Newcastle United squad numbers for the 2018/19 season have been released.

On Friday the club announcing that 27 players had been handed numbers ahead of the Tottenham match tomorrow.

One thing that does appear to be confirmed is that Achraf Lazaar, Henri Saivet and Rolando Aarons have no future at Newcastle under Rafa Benitez.

None of the trio were handed a squad number and of course could still be sold to clubs abroad for the remainder of August, or loaned to clubs in England below the Premier League for the rest of this month.

You can only name a maximum of 25 senior Premier League players in your official PL squad once the transfer window ends.

This doesn’t include those who qualify as Under 21 players (born on or after 1 January 1997) and of these 27 players given squad numbers, three of them – Woodman, Longstaff and Roberts meet that criteria.

So Rafa Benitez actually has only 24 senior ones who have been given a squad number.