Jamaal Lascelles & Karl Darlow

ponsaelius

Loaning them back gives them good experience, instead of rotting for a season on the bench.

Is Lascelles injured? He hasn't featured in any of their 7 pre-season games. Darlow on the other hand has started each match.

If Lascelles is 4th choice I wonder if loaning him back has any purpose. If he doesn't get any match time in the championship we should have tried to loan him to someone who will actually use him.

Seems a bit weid. Forest fans were hoping for ~£10m, and are gutted he (or both?) is only going for ~£3-4m yet he wouldn't be starting if all center halves were fit.  :mystery:

Loaning them back gives them good experience, instead of rotting for a season on the bench.

Is Lascelles injured? He hasn't featured in any of their 7 pre-season games. Darlow on the other hand has started each match.

If Lascelles is 4th choice I wonder if loaning him back has any purpose. If he doesn't get any match time in the championship we should have tried to loan him to someone who will actually use him.

Seems a bit weid. Forest fans were hoping for ~£10m, and are gutted he (or both?) is only going for ~£3-4m yet he wouldn't be starting if all center halves were fit.  :mystery:

Seems like he's been injured from their forum, but just returning now.  I'd wager he's not 4th choice, they're just angry. A lot of them also seem to think selling Darlow is even worse.

Looks like two good deal, this!

f*** off the the prem just when it gets interesting if you must, but that club is toxic. Idiot move for Lascelles. He must have a f***ing rock bottom minimum fee release in his contract so he can do one after a year into shop window.

From one of the forest forums.

Never seen a more aerially dominat centre half than Lascelles, like others have said Darlow is replacable and we've got Evtimov coming through... The real reason evtimov wasn't loaned out?

Yeah bit a annoying signing a centre half and loaning him back when our centre backs are shit

What I mean is people crying out for a centre half, well this will be it

Yeah bit a annoying signing a centre half and loaning him back when our centre backs are s***

What I mean is people crying out for a centre half, well this will be it

Pardew would still play the shit, but experienced, senior players rather than take a risk on a youngster.  Better for everyone if they stay at Forrest for another season instead of rotting in our reserves.

Wikiscouting tells me they both featured a fair bit last year. Bit odd to send them back considering our other options in their positions mind.

Seems opportunistic mind. Clearly don't have any bright youth prospects to sell to Liverpool so we've brought in someone else's.

We seem to be signing some cracking young prospects from home and abroad, which I can only applaud wholeheartedly. It would be nice if we could sign the senior players we need for this season as well though.

Normally making this many signings is a massive show of support for the manager but I just don't know what's going on here. Ashley must be in love or something.

Guest reefatoon

Normally making this many signings is a massive show of support for the manager but I just don't know what's going on here. Ashley must be in love or something.

He is. He is back with his missus.  She has been the best transfer so far. The fat cunt doesn't seem as frustrated now he is getting his leg over again.

Very out of character this, sounds like really sensible business - especially the loan bit. I'd be optimistic if it wasn't for the furry turd in the dugout. Shit move for the player.

The Forest forum seem to think it's £7m for both of them, no idea where they got that figure from though.

from this I think

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Lascelles-Darlow-sign-Newcastle-United-loaned/story-22067073-detail/story.html?

Interesting and might have some truth in it considering they rejected a 5m bid from QPR recently. Can't really see us spending 5m+ on a developmental player and loaning him out though.