Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

Guest neesy111

New players look good.  Sissoko much better in the middle.

Still toothless upfront for me and we need a new CB.

I like our team. We'll be good on the counter attack against teams less powerful than City ie. every other team in the league.

The way we play isn't a good match for them, unfortunately.

I thought we did all right, lots of bright spots but some glaring weaknesses. We'll be comfortably top 10, maybe challenge the top 7 if De Jong comes in and looks good and Ferreyra can contribute.

Guest Bert Shaft

No shots on target - deserved what we got, fuck all.

Will be lucky to score 30 goals this season unless someone of  Loic Remy's quality is brought in.

Guest palnese

We don't deserve anything here. City never got out of second gear and we've hardly created anything.

Bullshit.

How is that bullshit?

To say we don't deserve anything is bullshit. We've played well against a very very good team. Also to say city have never got out of second gear..

City looked comfortable all day and we never really looked like scoring, apart from Ayoze's chance.

Hart had fuck all to do. Of course we didn't deserve anything.

A lot to build on fo rsure.

Here's what terrifies me though, it's Pardew ruining all the good things we did do today, by making crazy changes.

I bet Sissoko starts on the right next game. I await the lineup with baited breath.

Lots of pace and fighting spirit all over the pitch. But a real lack of quality & composure on the ball. Sissoko, Anita &  Colback is a trio devoid of any creativity.

They were arguably our best 3 players today.

If you have Colback, really don't think you need Anita. Doesn't provide anything different.

They might have individually played okay but as a tandem they didn't look like creating anything at all between them in open play. De Jong will be crucial to our success.

It's hard not to be pleased with the effort from the players today but it was a very familiar type of performance and outcome. The Anita for Obertan sub knacked us for about 10 minutes or so and we didn't have as much of the ball but both Aarons and Ayoze looked exciting.

It was far better than the mauling I was expecting.

I like our team. We'll be good on the counter attack against teams less powerful than City ie. every other team in the league.

The way we play isn't a good match for them, unfortunately.

I thought we did all right, lots of bright spots but some glaring weaknesses. We'll be comfortably top 10, maybe challenge the top 7 if De Jong comes in and looks good and Ferreyra can contribute.

They key is those last 2 players integrating quickly and well. I doubt Ayoze Perez will be playing many games though, once the King has spoken, he won't backtrack. He's one for the future.. (resale)

Don't think it's fair to make any conclusive judgements given the fixture, but I thought we were okay/unimpressive. The faults of the style were still evident, but there were a couple of decent performances. I thought Colback did welln and Cabella looks a potential handful. Didn't see the ball for long, long waves though, which is a concern.

Could've done with someone like Hatem coming on.