Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 17/08/14 - Post-match reaction from page 34

BlueStar

It was noticeable there was no booing of the team at the end... Even from the more fickle areas of the ground...

Nothing fickle about not wanting to put up with s***.

I'd say it was fickle to do it first game of the season with new players getting used to each other and still getting their fitness and sharpness against the Champions who've bought big again... I'd find it totally acceptable after half a dozen games if nothing has improved with regards to the playing style and results...

I wouldn't give Pardew has been proven to be nothing but a big giant smug faced turd who has never succeeded in his complete joke of a career.

Let's be clear here, boos would be directed at Pardew for being a fraud.

There seems to be an initial pardon on Pardew this season. Blogs, independent reports and even national/local media seem to have been sucked into the "good signs" blarney. 0 shots, no fret, continuation of our losing streak, piss weak back line and toothless up front, doesn't seem to bode well in my eyes.

If it was a game of midfield play then yeah we looked alright yesterday, problem is there's the question of scoring at some point and preventing the other team from scoring that might be the sticking point with us. We'll be lucky to finish in the top half this season with Pardew in charge.

Clearly Man City barely broke a sweat, if this had been 10 games in it would have been much more embarrassing.

The next few games will show exactly where we're at but I'm not exactly chomping at the bit to watch how well we contain a managerless Crystal Palace and hope to nick a goal late on.

Got called 'Mr Negative' at work today because I struggled to find many positives from yesterday. Honestly man, so many people are happy to accept mediocrity.

Shaming tactics by those who believe running about a bit is good football.

Got called 'Mr Negative' at work today because I struggled to find many positives from yesterday. Honestly man, so many people are happy to accept mediocrity.

"There's no pleasing you," was what I got. :thup:

:lol: I'll have long conversations with people down here about why I'm pissed off with the club and they'll act like they understand and acknowledge my view, then immediately follow with "But Pardew's done a good job though, hasn't he?" or "Mike Ashley has put a lot of money in". :lol: I'm like "Nar man, that's what I'm fucking saying".

Infuriating. :lol:

Might have already been discussed, but were the corner singing 'Alan Pardew's black and white army' at one point? Could have sworn they were.

I think it was 'Liam Sweeney/John Alder's Black and White Army' could be mistaken though.

Might have already been discussed, but were the corner singing 'Alan Pardew's black and white army' at one point? Could have sworn they were.

I think it was 'Liam Sweeney/John Alder's Black and White Army' could be mistaken though.

Liam & John's B&W Army...

:lol: I'll have long conversations with people down here about why I'm p*ssed off with the club and they'll act like they understand and acknowledge my view, then immediately follow with "But Pardew's done a good job though, hasn't he?" or "Mike Ashley has put a lot of money in". :lol: I'm like "Nar man, that's what I'm f***ing saying".

Infuriating. :lol:

Happens in the USA as well man, frustrating as hell.

Aye, was just after the 17th minute.

Aye, was just after the 17th minute.

Ah good. Nice touch :thup:

It was noticeable there was no booing of the team at the end... Even from the more fickle areas of the ground...

No one's going to boo on the first day of the season.

Fairly sure there were boos after we lost 1-0 to Spurs 10 years ago.

To me it was the same performance as last season only the players are not disaffected yet.

And judging by some of his recent comments, Pardew seems to be investing a lot in De Jong (as he did with Cabaye) to sort it all out on the pitch for him and for Cabella (as with HBA previously) to come up with a moment of magic to win a game.  Arons is now the young flavour of the month as Sameobi was previously.

Early days I know but I am not sensing anything has changed in Pardew's approach but looking forward to when we manage to score a goal to see if we try and score a second and a third or whether we revert to "protect what we've got"and hang on for the rest of the game approach.

Like the Dalglish booing I think that was because everyone was fed up with going nowhere, and maybe we hadn't invested in the squad. With quite a few signings this time round I get the feeling fans will be more optimistic and so Pardew's getting a fresh start effectively. Three or four poor performances on the bounce and that will soon change.

Guest neesy111

Like the Dalglish booing I think that was because everyone was fed up with going nowhere, and maybe we hadn't invested in the squad. With quite a few signings this time round I get the feeling fans will be more optimistic and so Pardew's getting a fresh start effectively. Three or four poor performances on the bounce and that will soon change.

Dalglish had just spent almost 18m that pre-season.

Lose Saturday, crash out of the league cup and a boring game the following weekend and the noise better be fucking loud.

Agreed, the team will need as much support as possible to turn things around if that happens.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/Smileys/Newcastle-Online/tobey.png