Crystal Palace manager

Mick

"We've got a good young group, I've been saying that for a while now" - Hmmmm. Really.

"Armstrong was really great in that lone role, it's his best position ... he didn't get much of the ball, but he worked really hard" - What you want from your striker really. Don't bother touching the ball. Just work hard.

"Dummett is a player that will end up at centre back. This is a player that has a great future, going forward" - But he's not 6 ft 4 Alan. How could this be?

"Armstrong was really great in that lone role, it's his best position

This is complete shite. He was the worst player for us last night because he was used so badly.

Disagree. I really enjoyed watching the ball get hoofed up to the smallest player on the pitch.

Totalsport tonight was a total Pardew W***fest.

In one breathe, Anderson is asking all caller... "You must have feared the worst when you saw the team he picked" .... then following it up with "Pardew never gets any credit for getting things right, like last nights team and tactics".

The team he picked last night was not picked with a result in mind. It was a safety measure, resting certain/more important players for the weekend.

He must have creamed himself with the way the game played out, and the result.

But everyone now trying to  proclaim him as some sort of tactical genius, while again missing/ignoring the blatently obvious... last night was just one of those freak results that happens, nothing to do with him. In fact, he tried to hinder the teams progress.

Like I said last night, I'll credit the players, but not the fraud of a manager.

Totalsport tonight was a total Pardew W***fest.

In one breathe, Anderson is asking all caller... "You must have feared the worst when you saw the team he picked" .... then following it up with "Pardew never gets any credit for getting things right, like last nights team and tactics".

The team he picked last night was not picked with a result in mind. It was a safety measure, resting certain/more important players for the weekend.

He must have creamed himself with the way the game played out, and the result.

But everyone now trying to  proclaim him as some sort of tactical genius, while again missing/ignoring the blatently obvious... last night was just one of those freak results that happens, nothing to do with him. In fact, he tried to hinder the teams progress.

Like I said last night, I'll credit the players, but not the fraud of a manager.

:thup: It was obvious the minute the team sheet was made public he was trying to throw the game, what he didn't know is that the kids were going to play out of their skins to prove a point. Hindsight says he was just being a genius obviously, like the time he played a blinder with HBA.

Getting irritated with all the media saying the fans were wrong and we should apologise to Pardew. 

We have had two fortunate results against Swansea and Spurs and a deserved win with a team that everyone (and I expect Pardew as well) thought would be well beaten.  It is too soon to say we have turned a corner - we may have - but you need a good few games before that conclusion can be reached.  I want to see the first team starting to play with some flair and intelligence.  We had a glimpse of that in the second half against Spurs but that is all.

At the very least the Sack Pardew campaign has shaken Pardew out of his comfort zone so if this run continues, then they should be applauded for that rather than criticised.

The 8 year contracts were made on the basis of stability but they also breed complacency especially if the manager thinks he is untouchable.  I think he genuinely thought he might get sacked and that was due to the protests.

I still want him gone but if he is going to stay then he should not be allowed to get too comfortable in his job.

“The big thing is that with David Sullivan and David Gold here and Mike Ashley at Newcastle, they haven’t taken the bait,” he said. And really it is full marks to them for showing some solidarity within the club by knowing that the manager is good enough and they hopefully in the end, the patience that they are showing pays off.”

:suicide:

“The big thing is that with David Sullivan and David Gold here and Mike Ashley at Newcastle, they haven’t taken the bait,” he said. And really it is full marks to them for showing some solidarity within the club by knowing that the manager is good enough and they hopefully in the end, the patience that they are showing pays off.”

:suicide:

"Credit to the directors. I know Alan is a class manager, but you are under pressure if you are not winning games.

"He is a very, very experienced and talented manager who has 700-odd games behind him. Last night I thought they were outstanding [against City]. Young players came in, and I thought they thoroughly deserved it."

:suicide: :suicide: