Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest neesy111

Is it now acceptable to ask him for a wave?

Only if you see him on a motorbike taking a corner at high speed.

Especially if it's raining.

Guest firetotheworks

I've had to leave that TF group on Facebook like. The entire thing is (and I don't say this lightly) an ocean of retards.

But despite putting together a run of five league wins on the trot, Pardew was refusing to be carried away and swiftly dismissed the inevitable talk of Europe.

He said: "What we have got is a real depth in the squad, which bodes well for the League Cup and bodes well for the Premier League.

"But I think if we were winning 2-0, 3-0 and really punishing teams when we are in possession a little bit more, I would be a bit more confident we could, so I think we are some way off that yet."

Shameless. :lol:

Can we bookmark the fuck out of this please. Cause when this run ends and we're getting beat every week, that'll be the first thing he starts bleating on about. Well, unless the Notting Hill Carnival is on or there's a big science conference at the university.

His last point is correct.We are picking up points but really just sneaking results. Confidence is a massive factor in our success. How many passes did we string together for the goal? The move and the finish was excellent but not typical of us on this run. That goal and finish was that bit of magic you get when your good players start playing very well.

It was the bit in bold about squad depth that I was really on about. Not because I particularly disagree-although another centre back wouldn't hurt- but because I can see a mile off he's going to contradict himself as soon as a convenient excuse to mask a shit performance is needed.

It's typical Pardew momentum. The wheels will come off shortly, sadly. If they don't, and this is a sign of something different, he would be a good manager, but we know he isn't. We've been here before with him.

Just think Rodgers and Pochettino can become available in the next few months and some will still argue we're lucky to have this guy.

Pardew has once again lucked into the adequacy of this squad when he's seemingly done things that actively damage it.  We should in reality have been left incredibly short at CB with Mapou out on loan.  We could have had a disastrous time with a very inexperienced CB or someone playing terribly because they're out of position.  In the end we've played Dummet there and he actually looks like he could compete to start there, or at the very least he's looked a serviceable CB who won't let us down too often.  So we've now ended up with 4 first team squad CB's available when we've got no right to that.  It's not even a problem if we discounted Dummet as a LB when Haidara is doing alright and Santon is on the way back.

That's only one way Pardew has been lucky in this run.  I can't imagine us picking up anywhere near this many points without the emergence of Ayoze in particular, but Sammy, Aarons and Abeid as well.  It really makes me doubt the run continuing.  Eventually Pardew's methods will get to these raw talents and we know history is on the side of that happening, with the winning momentum turning to a losing run quite quickly.

I think there has been a significant change of form. How significant, we'll find out, but I don't think we're going to revert to early season form.

I thought we played really well for the first half hour against QPR. The Taylor injury caused us to lose focus a bit - understandably - but I always felt we looked the more likely side to win. Everyone's saying how crap QPR are, but before the game they were supposed to be a team running into a bit of form.

Previously, we have looked poor when it comes to trying to work the ball in tight spaces, particularly near the touchline, but we're now starting to look far more capable and confident in that aspect.

No-one was expecting Dummett to shine at centre back, or Perez to emerge so soon as a capable striker at this level. Sammy is now making a better all-round contribution, and the team is now built around Sissoko, rather than him fitting around everyone else. I also think we look a more fluent side without Tiote.

I'm not saying we're going to finish 5th, but I think the progress is real.

Guest hydeous

I'm really hoping England / Spurs / Liverpool are in for him in the near future. Watching us win would be infinitely more rewarding if the cameras don't pan to his smug, detestable face and that stupid arm in the air celebration. Who does the cunt think he is? Freddie Mercury? Oh and his interviews. I would pay to watch his snivelling, owner brown nosing, fan blaming post match interviews for a different club. I really would.

Watching the highlights on MOTD I was surprised at the number of players getting into the box in the second half, something the king has usually avoided like the plague before the sackpardew.com campaign. I don't suppose the thicker fans will acknowledge it, but those who have pointed out his awful brand of football on sites like that might be responsible for Pardew now trying to go more on the front foot as he would say. But then is easy to do that against QPR, whether he'll have the balls to do it against better teams is debatable.

Guest firetotheworks

I haven't seen any difference in the way we play aside from form and confidence as a result of players playing in their correct positions as a result of injuries. Sissoko moving to midfield is far and away the big difference in my mind, but I don't see any change in tactics whatsoever.

I haven't seen any difference in the way we play aside from form and confidence as a result of players playing in their correct positions as a result of injuries. Sissoko moving to midfield is far and away the big difference in my mind, but I don't see any change in tactics whatsoever.

I don't know about tactics in general but it was just the second half on saturday, we had a spell before we scored when we had a few players in the penalty area. Probably just desperation.

This.

I feel we're one conceded goal away from imploding all the time. It's like the side that had Perch/Williamson at CB yet kept clean sheets.

Opportunistic Pardew football that works for brief periods of time when luck is on his side. It will crash and burn eventually.

It's typical Pardew momentum. The wheels will come off shortly, sadly. If they don't, and this is a sign of something different, he would be a good manager, but we know he isn't. We've been here before with him.

Just think Rodgers and Pochettino can become available in the next few months and some will still argue we're lucky to have this guy.

I think we are seeing the value of having proper club culture and systems coming to the fore. I'm starting to believe Brendan & Poch benefited from being at clubs with excellent cultures and systems rather than themselves being top or even very good managers. Both their clubs have kicked on.

Obviously both better than Pards like.

I think we are seeing the value of having proper club culture and systems coming to the fore. I'm starting to believe Brendan & Poch benefited from being at clubs with excellent cultures and systems rather than themselves being top or even very good managers. Both their clubs have kicked on.

That's a really interesting thought.

At home to QPR, 0-0 after an hour - even Pardew will figure to get more players forward.

The biggest thing to emerge from this all is that in fact it seems the players are with him and seemingly his ideas. I know he's big on squad harmony, atmosphere etc. and that's probably saved his bacon. I also believe we've got a decent set of lads.

Similar to Crystal Palace - think Warnock's an awful manager But they've got a good group there and they could stay up despite their manager.

That's a really interesting thought.

I look at Spurs and they're awful. Very lucky to get 6 points against Villa & Hull. Two poor teams. Outplayed Spurs for the majority. But it's not his fault, it's all very Spurs-like. Too many players flattering to deceive. Some ability but consistently out-fought. The Chairman think he's too clever, the player's think their too clever or good. Chairman that likes the fancy name players and managers. Everything Sherwood said about the players at Spurs is true imo. Dropping most of the fancy dans was the correct approach.

It's the opposite at S'hampton. Despite a lot of players turning over and managers these last 3 years - those lads just knuckle down each time.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't think we can be counted in the same way like. We all know we have good players, albeit ones that aren't a shadow on the ones we had this time last year, but to go beyond that is naive in the extreme. We have a system that's set up to consolidate.