Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I'm pretty confident if Pardew does leave his replacement won't be a popular one. I'm almost certain Ashley won't pay compo for a manager currently in employment. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

He wouldn't if he had to pay compo to get rid of Pardew. Think if he gets compo in return it'll go towards a new manager.

He'd probably see that money as profit!

What have you done to me? Today's supposedly the day CAS is handing down his decision regarding Barça's transfer ban and I'm checking whether Pardew f***s off instead :lol:

You're screwed up man, like all of us.  :lol:

I'm pretty confident if Pardew does leave his replacement won't be a popular one. I'm almost certain Ashley won't pay compo for a manager currently in employment. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong.

He wouldn't if he had to pay compo to get rid of Pardew. Think if he gets compo in return it'll go towards a new manager.

He'd probably see that money as profit!

Or a chance to get a decent manager in for free.

It'll be some spotty little gimp currently managing a sports direct store.

I suspect that one of the reasons he's never bothered about sacking Pardew is the fact he believes a retarded monkey could manage your squad to PL safety - and he isn't *that* far from the truth. It probably won't be an ambitious appointment, Ashley doesn't believe he needs a great manager to achieve his aims.

It'll be someone shit. I doubt our lot have even heard of Frank De Boer.

If, and it's a big if, Pardew goes he'll be replaced with another yes man prepared to work for a low basic salary with performance-based incentives, no say over transfer targets and acceptance of our attitude toward cup competitions.

We'll be shopping in the Brian McDermott, Nigel Adkins, Phil Brown department rather than the top up-and-coming european manager department.

That's the worry, very likely to be from within the club or someone unemployed and cheap

Pretty sure Charnley said something like the club would look to promote from within in some statement a while back. Can't remember when this was though.

I just refuse to believe any of this until it actually happens. I can't take the hope.

Even if this is just about money for him, Ashley must be frustrated at losing the likes of Ben Arfa and Yanga-Mbiwa at a loss, and ask Graham Carr what (type of) manager would get the best from the resources available. That should hopefully rule out Pullis.

Strangely enough, I am not really against giving Beardsley a shot until the end of the season if that means we wait for a better manager to become available. I know he kisses Ashley's arse and all, but he seems to be doing fairly well with the reserves.

I can see it being Tim Sherwood, and while he's a prat who thinks too much of his own abilities, he'd probably play more positive stuff than Pardew

Sherwood would probably be an upgrade on the King. Then again Ashley might use this as an opportunity to give his mates like Dennis Wise and JFK a job.

Whoever we appoint if Pardew leaves will be a big big step forward. Maybe not when it comes to the quality as manager, but at least he will start from scratch and not have Jedi forces like Pardew and be all but bulletproof. So many people have fallen for the shit he talks and some still think he's a good manager :lol:

The only reason I'm not dreading the prospect of Tony Pulis as NUFC manager is the fact he splurged plenty of money at Stoke, and he doesn't seem to like board interference - all of those being non-Ashley traits.

Therefore he won't be hired.

Yeah, that's what I meant. I probably wasn't clear.

Guest dazzanufc1892

push come to shove, anybody take beardsley? seems like the kind of ashley yes man and kind of appointment they think we would be happy with

The fact remains that any man coming in will have to be a little happy lap dog for Ashley. Beardsley will happily accept his shit but at least he will try play some attractive football. Not my first choice, in fact probably my tenth or something, but wouldn't be the worst appointment in the world given the circumstances.

Anyone but Pardew is what I keep telling myself.

I'd take Sherwood to be honest. He's a proper bell but at least he advocates attacking football. Doubt he'd agree to be gagged though, likes the sound of his own voice too much.

Seeing as we're half way through the season and relegation doesn't look likely i could see Ashley putting Beardsley in charge 'until the end of the season'. If he does shit they'll replace him in the summer. If he does well they'll risk him for another year.

I can see it being Tim Sherwood, and while he's a prat who thinks too much of his own abilities, he'd probably play more positive stuff than Pardew

Yup. Gobby little London boy full of himself, currently out of work and presumably would work for relatively low wages just to get his chance. Sounds right up Ashley's street.