Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Have to say, in all this, one thing makes me happier than evertything else.

The Pardew appointment was a calculated one, the outmost expression of Ashley's non-existant ambition. That "project" has failed. He'll struggle to find someone willing to champion Wonga, get behind Sports Direct and other soul-drenching measures, dedicate wins to the owner, advertise players ahead of every transfer window and carry the message of a club that refuses to be the best it can. Pardew was willing in establishing the new "truth" about our reality, about Ashley's NUFC. That's no more. This has forced Ashley into re-thinking. If he tries the same thing again, the same will happen. Anyone slightly worse than Pardew will almost certainly have us relegated, in which case Ashley will be concerned for real.

Pardew gone is a massive blow to Ashley's NUFC. That's a really good thing.

Have to say, in all this, one thing makes me happier than evertything else.

The Pardew appointment was a calculated one, the outmost expression of Ashley's non-existant ambition. That "project" has failed. He'll struggle to find someone willing to champion Wonga, get behind Sports Direct and other soul-drenching measures, dedicate wins to the owner, advertise players ahead of every transfer window and carry the message of a club that refuses to be the best it can. Pardew was willing in establishing the new "truth" about our reality, about Ashley's NUFC. That's no more. This has forced Ashley into re-thinking. If he tries the same thing again, the same will happen. Anyone slightly worse than Pardew will almost certainly have us relegated, in which case Ashley will be concerned for real.

Pardew gone is a massive blow to Ashley's NUFC. That's a really good thing.

This is very true.

Ashley will always buy enough good players to guarantee safety. If a muppet like Pardew can keep us up despite his clanging stupidity, then it stands to reason any coach with half a brain will be able to do so.

I would love to believe that, but what's to say he can't find another desperate cheap manager to do his bidding?

Most men in football probably have a shred of self esteem and pride. The only dickhead who I can think comes close to this prick is Steve Kean.

Guest firetotheworks

That Colin Murray piece was decent. Admittedly, I've never particularly liked the bloke as a pundit, but that way mainly because he never understood the whole concept of being on the inside looking at things being more advantageous than being on the outside looking in. Considering that's his main point when he was talking there, it's good to know that perhaps he's changed his outlook on teams in general. I remember him reading out the stats from sackpardew.com and I think he was quite taken aback by some of the things that until then he probably didn't know. It's refreshing having someone out there that maybe 'gets it' a bit more amongst the ocean of stereotypes, misinformation, lies and baseless opinions forced down everyone's throats that do nothing but perpetuate those very same stereotypes and lies etc.

The lack of clear quality alternatives and the people pushing the buttons being unpredictable mentalists makes this an uneasy situation.

I'd be delighted with just a stop gap solution until June.

My opinion of Carver (as a man) has plummeted over the last couple of seasons. I know when you are part of a coaching staff it is your job to stick together, but especially after his behavior down at Southampton in September I have very little time for him.