Crystal Palace manager

Mick

7th during the 12/13 season is harsh IMO. We had the extra Europa League games and had only added Anita.

Who cares what position we finished in? fact is the football was shite and he stunted the growth of various different players. Not sure why this is being brought up anyway, everyone knows how it happened and it's been repeated constantly after the fact.

All boring as fuck imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Nobody thought everything was Pardew's fault [emoji38]

Time isn't showing that he did a better job than we thought of at the time, but it is allowing people to rewrite history. He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed. McClaren, although I didn't want him and I still don't, has never had that luxury.

Obviously it could have been better, ignoring the fact he was complicit from the start you could complain that we were short in reserve, our bench has never been stellar and we've always had 1 or 2 misfits in the starting XI, but nothing close to what we have now.

When your second best attacking threat is your right back that tells its own story imo. Our midfield is the most unsuitable pairing I've ever seen for us, our strikers are substandard and we have a defence that's been terrible and hardly been changed.

None of this was common thought on this board 12-16 months ago.Even 6 months ago. A lot of people thought we would finish top 10 in the league with this very squad in January. A lot of people thought this was a top 10 squad at the beginning of last season without Wij and co. You can look in the threads. I thought Wijnaldum was here to play CM.

Any examples? Because I don't recall seeing that as a commonly shared view on here at all.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=93628.300

Have a gander. More than 60% thought the sqaud is top half/top 8 material.

Even as far back as 2013 I haven't rated the team as good as many seem to.

If we are consistent across the season then top 8, we are a couple of defensive signings away from the top 6, top 5 if one of the 'elite' teams have a bad season like Chelsea a few years ago.

On our day, with a bit of luck we can beat anyone in the league (not strong enough to do it across a season though). For this reason I'd say we are as good as anyone for the cups, I would imagine that a lot of teams would want to keep away from us in the draws.

If we have a bad season though I can see us finishing 12th-ish, and that would be acceptable if we are showing the rights signs of improvements on the pitch.

Stif thinks top 8.

No idea. A lot of new signings. Don't know how good Chancel, Wijnaldum, Thauvin & Mitro are in the PL. And they are all crucial to our success.

Funnily enough - the "know it all" of the forum had no idea.

Right now I see us midtable at best. But I would take that if it meant we get to watch good football which I think mcclarens trying to implement.

We are desperatley short of at least centre back left back and cover at right back

So just to get this straight,  60% predicting top half/saying that the squad should be capable of top half is 'the commonly thought' view of the forum. Based on 60% of people's guesses. And the example you've cited it Stifler. Okay then.

Guest firetotheworks

He also severely weakened our squad by f***ing off HBA.

I love HBA. But he's fallen out with a number of managers and team mates. The common denominator here is Hatem. If he doesn't have an attitude problem he never plays for NUFC in the first instance.

Seems to be doing ok this season.

What does that have to do with anything? It's only been 6 months, he was here for 2 1/2 years before he had issues. He's had a horrible 18 months and he just might have matured mentally as a result of his issues. I hope he has. But that doesn't change a history of falling out with team mates and managers. If reports are true - both of which happened at Newcastle. This is a pattern of behaviour.

Maybe you should apply that same logic when talking about Pardew. But you don't.

Nobody thought everything was Pardew's fault :lol:

He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed.

When we sold Cabaye, we where 6th in the league.

Aye, we were so good under him post Cabaye that protests were carried out to the point where he actually cried on live TV.

7th during the 12/13 season is harsh IMO. We had the extra Europa League games and had only added Anita.

Who cares what position we finished in? fact is the football was s**** and he stunted the growth of various different players. Not sure why this is being brought up anyway, everyone knows how it happened and it's been repeated constantly after the fact.

All boring as f*** imo.

We finished 16th that season. That's not even going into the fact that Ohh hey, look Europa was tough on our small squad (which we signed a boat load in January) and we didn't improve 5th but finished 6-10th. No we finished 16th and were SAVED by an own goal. FFS that's turbo shit.

All that sounds amazing now. 5th, followed by a Europa League QF. First half of 13-14 wasn't bad, either.

I used to think Pardew was a clown and didn't know what he was doing but that all changed when Cabaye went back to him.

Compare that with McClaren who has been a disappointment in every way. With this current version of Newcastle, I'd rather have Pardew. The guy took a shit load of heat and fair play to him has bounced back.

All that sounds amazing now. 5th, followed by a Europa League QF. First half of 13-14 wasn't bad, either.

I used to think Pardew was a clown and didn't know what he was doing but that all changed when Cabaye went back to him.

Compare that with McClaren who has been a disappointment in every way. With this current version of Newcastle, I'd rather have Pardew. The guy took a shit load of heat and fair play to him has bounced back.

:anguish:

Who cares what position we finished in? fact is the football was s**** and he stunted the growth of various different players. Not sure why this is being brought up anyway, everyone knows how it happened and it's been repeated constantly after the fact.

All boring as f*** imo.

We finished 16th that season. That's not even going into the fact that Ohh hey, look Europa was tough on our small squad (which we signed a boat load in January) and we didn't improve 5th but finished 6-10th. No we finished 16th and were SAVED by an own goal. FFS that's turbo s***.

Everton didn't get as far as us in the Europa League - signed more players in August - and finished in the bottom half of the table. Pardew of course under performed but there's other circumstances. Including losing Ba. January isn't the time to sign 4 first team players from France and expect them to excel straight away. Especially coming into a poorly performing team.

He had a strong squad here and it wasn't until we sold Cabaye that that really changed.

Aye, we were so good under him post Cabaye that protests were carried out to the point where he actually cried on live TV.

The form from January - May was absolutely awful aye. No question and we should've done better. Cabaye left and it was massive, we've not looked a decent side for  any kind of period of time since. I think the likes of Remy and Debuchy had their heads turned and were looking at their next moves. The rest of that side is what we have left and after every game it's becoming increasingly obvious that they aren't very good at all.

So just to get this straight,  60% predicting top half/saying that the squad should be capable of top half is 'the commonly thought' view of the forum. Based on 60% of people's guesses. And the example you've cited it Stifler. Okay then.

Well, yes :lol:

FFS man.  Somebody find Wullie's post about how teams have fared worse in the league when in the Europa League but not by TWELVE FUCKING PLACES.

Not that it will mean anything to this utter bellend who has tediously fucked up every single football thread.

All boring as f*** imo.

We finished 16th that season. That's not even going into the fact that Ohh hey, look Europa was tough on our small squad (which we signed a boat load in January) and we didn't improve 5th but finished 6-10th. No we finished 16th and were SAVED by an own goal. FFS that's turbo s***.

Everton didn't get as far as us in the Europa League - signed more players in August - and finished in the bottom half of the table. Pardew of course under performed but there's other circumstances. Including losing Ba. January isn't the time to sign 4 first team players from France and expect them to excel straight away. Especially coming into a poorly performing team.

The form from January - May was absolutely awful aye. No question and we should've done better. Cabaye left and it was massive, we've not looked a decent side for  any kind of period of time since. I think the likes of Remy and Debuchy had their heads turned and were looking at their next moves. The rest of that side is what we have left and after every game it's becoming increasingly obvious that they aren't very good at all.

Except they mostly did excel straight away, until they got Pardew's philosophy pummeled into them and became complete gash. Once we lost Ba, Pardew was found out and he never recovered from it.

PL form 'amongst' the Europa League fixtures: W6 -- D1 -- L7 -- 42% win rate

PL form when no Europa League fixtures: W5 -- D7 -- L12 -- 20% win rate

The Europa League thing was always utter, utter fucking bullshit and it's one of the main things I deeply hated him for.

Cunt. :thup: