Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Tbf, I think Ashley is more to blame than Pardew is (although they both obviously have their faults). But if I was Pardew I would probably do the same. Newcastle United is just a job to him, if Ashley was stupid enough to give him a ridiculous contract why should Pardew walk away, whether he feels he can change things or not. In all honesty he probably thinks he owes nothing more to Mike Ashley as he has taken the brunt of the blame for Ashley's inadequate running of a football club and will bleed every penny he can out of him.

Not this s*** again.  Ashley is a crap owner but he doesn't pick the team, dictate tactics or run training sessions.  Ashley hasn't consistently picked inferior players (Smith, Perch, Gosling, Ameobi) when other options have been available to the detriment of the team and club as a whole.  Ashley isn't the one who has shoehorned players into the team out of their natural positions, destroying their confidence and nullifying any threat they might have once offered.

Ashley and Pardew are a good match for each other, they each cover the other's inadequacies but it has gone beyond the point now where Pardew is only holding back the club with his own shitness.  Pardew is now the root cause of most of the team's issues and has to go.  You ask why he should simply walk away since he has a contract? Because it's got the point where the crowd detest him, the players no longer give a f*** and even the media have started to wake up to his inabilities.  If he walks away now he might still get another job in the Premiership or top end of the Championship, the longer he allows it to continue the more questions will be raised about his skills and fewer clubs will think him a potential asset.  Walk away now and let the media run with the stories that it was Ashley's way of running the club that harmed the team, or carry on and let everyone know it was Pardew himself who couldn't organise a gangbang in a brothel.  Mark Hughes or David O'Leary, pick a career path.

I'm not saying that Pardew is innocent either, I just feel that Ashley is more to blame. Yes Pardew picks the team, but how much of a say does he have in the players at his disposal? He has shown in the past that he can get results when he has the right players. He is no scout, I doubt he even knows who half of the players we signed this summer actually are but we finished 5th with Pardew as a manager and a very average side tbh. But when Ashley decides he wants to sell our best player (by far) because he is far more interested in lining his own pockets than the fortunes of the football club. That is why, imo, Ashley is more to blame.

So sick of this 'we finished 5th once so he must be good' sh*te. I really am. Ipswich have finished 5th with George Burley. Allardyce finished 6th with Bolton. Do you want either of them as manager (again in Fat Sam's case)? Is it qualification enough? 

Numpty fluked it, it can happen. He'll never manage it again and don't kid yourself or any one else gullible enough to listen that he can.

I remember coming away from a lot of games that season thinking either it was a very evenly balanced game we were lucky to win, or that we have downright robbed the other team!

The following season I don't think we were significantly worse, I don't think European football really affected us (we played the kids and reserves after all), we just didn't have fortune on our side the way we did in 11/12. That season was a pure fluke.

I made plenty of noises after the 5th place finish that the way we were playing was going to make those results totally unsustainable. We had a quite a share of good fortune. We also very 'direct' in our play and relied a lot on the opposition making mistakes. Which they did. There was clearly no plan for evolving a system and style out of that fortunate finish. If there had been one we could used the fact that we looked like an attractive proposition given our league finish to sign the kind of players we would have needed to kick on.

Newcastle Utd is nothing but a Sports Direct first Eleven. Just an advertising board for his tat. Ashley has absolutely zero sporting ambition. Not one iota.

Gayle said that whilst commentating on the Southampton game on the stream I watched too. He truly thinks that northerners are a bunch of cavemen who despise everyone from the south. Must be why we hated Chris Hughton and celebrated so much when he got the sack eh? Fucking numpty, infuriates me how these brain dead ex footballers get paid for spouting utter garbage.

Tbf, I think Ashley is more to blame than Pardew is (although they both obviously have their faults). But if I was Pardew I would probably do the same. Newcastle United is just a job to him, if Ashley was stupid enough to give him a ridiculous contract why should Pardew walk away, whether he feels he can change things or not. In all honesty he probably thinks he owes nothing more to Mike Ashley as he has taken the brunt of the blame for Ashley's inadequate running of a football club and will bleed every penny he can out of him.

Not this s*** again.  Ashley is a crap owner but he doesn't pick the team, dictate tactics or run training sessions.  Ashley hasn't consistently picked inferior players (Smith, Perch, Gosling, Ameobi) when other options have been available to the detriment of the team and club as a whole.  Ashley isn't the one who has shoehorned players into the team out of their natural positions, destroying their confidence and nullifying any threat they might have once offered.

Ashley and Pardew are a good match for each other, they each cover the other's inadequacies but it has gone beyond the point now where Pardew is only holding back the club with his own shitness.  Pardew is now the root cause of most of the team's issues and has to go.  You ask why he should simply walk away since he has a contract? Because it's got the point where the crowd detest him, the players no longer give a f*** and even the media have started to wake up to his inabilities.  If he walks away now he might still get another job in the Premiership or top end of the Championship, the longer he allows it to continue the more questions will be raised about his skills and fewer clubs will think him a potential asset.  Walk away now and let the media run with the stories that it was Ashley's way of running the club that harmed the team, or carry on and let everyone know it was Pardew himself who couldn't organise a gangbang in a brothel.  Mark Hughes or David O'Leary, pick a career path.

I'm not saying that Pardew is innocent either, I just feel that Ashley is more to blame. Yes Pardew picks the team, but how much of a say does he have in the players at his disposal? He has shown in the past that he can get results when he has the right players. He is no scout, I doubt he even knows who half of the players we signed this summer actually are but we finished 5th with Pardew as a manager and a very average side tbh. But when Ashley decides he wants to sell our best player (by far) because he is far more interested in lining his own pockets than the fortunes of the football club. That is why, imo, Ashley is more to blame.

So sick of this 'we finished 5th once so he must be good' sh*te. I really am. Ipswich have finished 5th with George Burley. Allardyce finished 6th with Bolton. Do you want either of them as manager (again in Fat Sam's case)? Is it qualification enough? 

Numpty fluked it, it can happen. He'll never manage it again and don't kid yourself or any one else gullible enough to listen that he can.

I remember coming away from a lot of games that season thinking either it was a very evenly balanced game we were lucky to win, or that we have downright robbed the other team!

The following season I don't think we were significantly worse, I don't think European football really affected us (we played the kids and reserves after all), we just didn't have fortune on our side the way we did in 11/12. That season was a pure fluke.

I made plenty of noises after the 5th place finish that the way we were playing was going to make those results totally unsustainable. We had a quite a share of good fortune. We also very 'direct' in our play and relied a lot on the opposition making mistakes. Which they did. There was clearly no plan for evolving a system and style out of that fortunate finish. If there had been one we could used the fact that we looked like an attractive proposition given our league finish to sign the kind of players we would have needed to kick on.

Newcastle Utd is nothing but a Sports Direct first Eleven. Just an advertising board for his tat. Ashley has absolutely zero sporting ambition. Not one iota.

:thup: Agreed.

One of the best examples of this is the away game at Swansea in 2012. We were absolutely bossed around for 90 minutes. Cisse scored 2 and we got three points. Redonkulous.

I mean just look at the stats: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszone/8-2011/matches/360787/summary#tabs-wrapper-anchor

LOOK AT THEM! :kasper:

77% vs 23% possesion....

Pardew is the physical embodiment of an old lady's minge.

Grey life less hair.

Odd looking wonky lips.

Pisses on everything.

Operates under a horrible arsehole.

Superb. Don't think I've ever seen him described so succinctly. Sadly  I doubt that description will make the papers.

It missing the obvious 'massive, useless cunt' however.

When we finished fifth, our goal difference was a statistical outlier for a team finishing that high. According to the stats people, a 99% unlikely result. Anomalies do happen, but they are very difficult to replicate.

In ordinary language, it was a fluke. Google "Newcastle United Regression Factor" to see the stats analysis, but only if you like numbers which lots of people don't. Possibly the best proof is the youtube vid of Papiss's goals from the second half of the season. It was like RVP on steroids. The flicked volley one is my personal favourite.

Fwiw, I don't think that Swansea game itself was a fluke. They had meaningless possession and we let them knock it about miles from our goal. It was almost textbook and a classic example of why the tikitaka and Barcelona comparisons were inappropriate for Rogers' Swansea, because Guardiola's Barcelona would work into scoring positions and score. In that game, all Swansea managed were shots from distance from Sigurdsson.

Talk sport talking about Pardew now

Adrian Durham slating Pardew for his management of Ben Arfa

It's been perfect so far. Let's hope they don't do a phone in

To be fair, the Newcastle fans who ring TalkSport usually say the right things, comparatively.

Absolute bollocks from Tony Gale on SSN suggesting protest is because "we don't like London people"! w*****.

They really have no idea it's not about where he is from, it's about how much of a dick he is and awful football style

What a knob, I live about 40mins from London, my brother in law moved away from Newcastle down here when he was 4 and we are both gutted we can`t join in the protest. I hate it when people with 2 brain cells speak for everyone just because they lucked a job on TV.