Crystal Palace manager

Mick

“This situation at the moment is almost like mass hysteria,” he said. “It’s really gone to a level which makes it really difficult for players to perform in. I am hoping we can turn that around.

“I still think I’m the right person to do that, but I don’t think our fans agree with that. They did a poll [in the Newcastle Chronicle on Thursday and 98 per cent of them don’t want me. That’s up seven per cent from the last one.

“I have been hurt this week. For me, it really is about, what can I do then? Well, I’m under contract at this football club and therefore I have to make sure I do the best possible job I can do under the circumstances.

“It has been suggested that I don’t care about this position, and that I’ve got this long contract and that I’m going through the motions - nothing could be further from the truth.”

Hysteria! Cheeky f***ing c***.

He's aware that hes not wanted and chooses to stick around.

But he's not waiting for a payout :lol:

People like Jason Cundy will no doubt be on the air complaining that he got us 5th, then 10th (without Cabaye) and then got forced out by idiot Geordies expecting top 4.

A man more famous for having some shit ex-wife than playing football.

Guest Dontooner

“This situation at the moment is almost like mass hysteria,” he said. “It’s really gone to a level which makes it really difficult for players to perform in. I am hoping we can turn that around.

“I still think I’m the right person to do that, but I don’t think our fans agree with that. They did a poll [in the Newcastle Chronicle on Thursday and 98 per cent of them don’t want me. That’s up seven per cent from the last one.

“I have been hurt this week. For me, it really is about, what can I do then? Well, I’m under contract at this football club and therefore I have to make sure I do the best possible job I can do under the circumstances.

“It has been suggested that I don’t care about this position, and that I’ve got this long contract and that I’m going through the motions - nothing could be further from the truth.”

Hysteria! Cheeky f***ing c***.

Clearest sign he wants to sack and not to quit.

Its a stand off.

Some managerial appointments just look like a disaster from the off.  The ones at Newcastle that have made me go "Oh no" and almost question my sanity upon hearing them were Souness, Kinnear and Pardew.  They have all been dismal failures and every fan could see the problems before they even got started.  Outdated "Keep it tight" and kick it long football simply does not work here (or anywhere these days really).  Neither does the "hard work and graft is all that's important lads" approach work here either.  The managers that have been a success here have been able to man manage players and set up an attack.  Keegan and Robson both knew how to value players, how to get the mercurial players on their side and how to get people to want to give 100% for the team, not just to work hard, but to win.  All the best managers around the globe have that quality.  The players will run through a brick wall for their manager, not because they are told they have to, but because they want to make their manager and fans proud of them.  Pardew just doesn't have that quality.  Giving someone like that time is just prolonging the inevitable.  Once their unlikable personality and backwards football have been found out there is no going back.

"Alan Pardew has hit back at suggestions he has lost his passion for Newcastle United"

Wtf?  :lol:

Since when has any of this been about that? The guy (or at least, his PR people) are masters at moving the goalposts in terms of the criticisms leveled at him. At shifting the blame and avoiding the actual issues. A total slimeball.

It's not about your passion for the club Alan, it's about you being shit.

"Alan Pardew has hit back at suggestions he has lost his passion for Newcastle United"

Wtf?  :lol:

Since when has any of this been about that? The guy (or at least, his PR people) are masters at moving the goalposts in terms of the criticisms leveled at him. At shifting the blame and avoiding the actual issues. A total slimeball.

It's not about your passion for the club Alan, it's about you being s***.

So true.

Being shit and of course the horrid, awful football.

Lost his passion. FFS. What an utter prick.

‘We are pushing every year to try and build to hopefully get to a stage where we make it without losing our players. We have pitched in and signed players that we think give us a chance to push for Champions League. We have already shown we are much better covered offensively than we were after Yohan Cabaye's departure. We have options, more options to come in and it is going to strengthen my hand to tactically change the team.’

Rock bottom after 4 games already. The man's a joke and will say literally anything to preserve his compensation. Fuck the club, I'm not walking as I want more cash for being shit a my job. He's scum.

Guest firetotheworks

@lee_ryder

A lot of what has been said today should have been said by #nufc should have been said a lot of earlier. #nufc

:serious:

Honestly...they must be paying that prick in Steak Bakes, because no one that thick could possibly be in the job that he's got.