Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Just had a chat with a customer in my shop who works on the underground station at Heathrow T5. Said he sees Pardew at least three times a week and regularly chats football with him.

He said he'd asked him about living up there as he's always flying back to London. We obviously all know this as it is well documented that he is only up here a couple of days a week. Apparently Pards told him he lived down here as he doesn't want to live in a cave and everyone up there lives in caves, along with some more unsavoury comments on the north in general. Not really new information or surprising but just thought I'd let you know.

f***ing hell. Serious?

That is what the guy told me. No reason to doubt him. He's a regular customer in here and a nice bloke.

Who knew Pardew was a cunt eh.

Absolute bollocks from Tony Gale on SSN suggesting protest is because "we don't like London people"! Wanker.

I honestly can't believe anyone says that. A guy in a cafe in Crystal Palace said to me that we didn't like Pardew for that reason. I live in Crystal Palace FFS.

Then again he was a 60 year-old man wearing a Palace top and cap in a cafe on a non-game day.

I've seen Pardew a couple of times on trains back to London on a Sunday. That's all.

Should've pushed him onto the lines.

Or at least spill a hot drink in his lap, claim it wasn't your fault, youve not had much time to prepare for your journey in the Uk due to to much travel in Europe.  He would swallow that hook line and sinker. 

Absolute bollocks from Tony Gale on SSN suggesting protest is because "we don't like London people"! Wanker.

I bet if you research it he probably gave Gale a job in the players lounge whilst he was their manager or something. Its a fucking old boys club man.

Say it like it is you pack of twats.

Guest Roger Kint

Absolute bollocks from Tony Gale on SSN suggesting protest is because "we don't like London people"! w*****.

They really have no idea it's not about where he is from, it's about how much of a dick he is and awful football style

Gale was saying the same shite after Pardew was sacked as West Hams worst manager in 70 years. Blaming players and Alan did his best etc

Guest reefatoon

I already have a burning hatred of Tony Gale from way back in the 1987/88 season when he popped up in every single pack of panini stickers I bought.  Think he has just tipped me over the edge with that comment the ignorant bastard.

I honestly can't believe anyone says that. A guy in a cafe in Crystal Palace said to me that we didn't like Pardew for that reason. I live in Crystal Palace FFS.

Then again he was a 60 year-old man wearing a Palace top and cap in a cafe on a non-game day.

Wasn't Pulis was it?

He's mates with Pardew so it's a fair bet Pards shares the same ignorant views. Cockney bastards.

Wasn't Pulis was it?

:lol:

Now you mention it he dress exactly like him. Maybe Pulis from the future, sent back to warn us to keep Pardew?

I bet all those lads who went all the way to fucking Southampton to see us get humped 4-0 and gave Pardew dog's abuse wish they could be proper fans like people who sit on Facebook and post "Always support ur team no matter wat." and can't even be arsed to watch half the games in the pub.

Pardew is the physical embodiment of an old lady's minge.

Grey life less hair.

Odd looking wonky lips.

Pisses on everything.

Operates under a horrible arsehole.

Superb. Don't think I've ever seen him described so succinctly. Sadly  I doubt that description will make the papers.

Guest Roger Kint

Luke Edwards telling Talksport a few truths, naturally they seem surprised that we are so shit under him

Not listening. What's he been saying?

Just the usual stuff really, been poor for 2 years and rattled off the stats in 2014 and that its going to be horrific tomorrow. Club brought it on themselves like when KK walked etc.

Soiled it a bit by saying he feels a little sorry for what Pardew will go through tomorrow mind

Tbf, I think Ashley is more to blame than Pardew is (although they both obviously have their faults). But if I was Pardew I would probably do the same. Newcastle United is just a job to him, if Ashley was stupid enough to give him a ridiculous contract why should Pardew walk away, whether he feels he can change things or not. In all honesty he probably thinks he owes nothing more to Mike Ashley as he has taken the brunt of the blame for Ashley's inadequate running of a football club and will bleed every penny he can out of him.

Not this s*** again.  Ashley is a crap owner but he doesn't pick the team, dictate tactics or run training sessions.  Ashley hasn't consistently picked inferior players (Smith, Perch, Gosling, Ameobi) when other options have been available to the detriment of the team and club as a whole.  Ashley isn't the one who has shoehorned players into the team out of their natural positions, destroying their confidence and nullifying any threat they might have once offered.

Ashley and Pardew are a good match for each other, they each cover the other's inadequacies but it has gone beyond the point now where Pardew is only holding back the club with his own shitness.  Pardew is now the root cause of most of the team's issues and has to go.  You ask why he should simply walk away since he has a contract? Because it's got the point where the crowd detest him, the players no longer give a f*** and even the media have started to wake up to his inabilities.  If he walks away now he might still get another job in the Premiership or top end of the Championship, the longer he allows it to continue the more questions will be raised about his skills and fewer clubs will think him a potential asset.  Walk away now and let the media run with the stories that it was Ashley's way of running the club that harmed the team, or carry on and let everyone know it was Pardew himself who couldn't organise a gangbang in a brothel.  Mark Hughes or David O'Leary, pick a career path.

I'm not saying that Pardew is innocent either, I just feel that Ashley is more to blame. Yes Pardew picks the team, but how much of a say does he have in the players at his disposal? He has shown in the past that he can get results when he has the right players. He is no scout, I doubt he even knows who half of the players we signed this summer actually are but we finished 5th with Pardew as a manager and a very average side tbh. But when Ashley decides he wants to sell our best player (by far) because he is far more interested in lining his own pockets than the fortunes of the football club. That is why, imo, Ashley is more to blame.

So sick of this 'we finished 5th once so he must be good' sh*te. I really am. Ipswich have finished 5th with George Burley. Allardyce finished 6th with Bolton. Do you want either of them as manager (again in Fat Sam's case)? Is it qualification enough? 

Numpty fluked it, it can happen. He'll never manage it again and don't kid yourself or any one else gullible enough to listen that he can.

The Cabaye thing is utter nonsense too, as though a team falling apart entirely due to the sale of only one player is acceptable. Even the best teams in the country lose key players now and again - you didn't see Arsenal turn into relegation candidates after Fabregas' sale, or Spurs after Bale's sale. I can't even recall such a huge nosedive after losing just one player where we're talking about comfortable mid table to genuine relegation form as a result of one sale.

The only valid criticism of Ashley regarding Cabaye's sale imo is that a replacement wasn't signed when yet again we sold a key player in the January window, which is a blatant tactic by Mike (i.e. sell when CL teams are likely to be most desperate, no replacement = save on wages = get to pocket even more cash from NUFC). But even then I think Ashley can be excused in this one instance, because we already had a ready made replacement at the club - Pardew should have thrown Marveaux straight into Cabaye's position as soon as the sale was made (in addition to Ben Arfa being the first name on the teamsheet) and given Sylvain at least 6 games in that position to make an impression. Instead Pardew, by his own admission, wanted to "try something different" after Cabaye went, which is why we then reverted to playing out and out hoofball where we were no longer even pretending to try to play football on the deck (which is what we had done in the months leading up to Cabaye's sale). He'd then only briefly throw Marveaux and Hatem on in random positions with no clear strategy/planning saying "go on, pull rabbits out of a hat" whilst the rest of the team was hoofing it/standing still, before then blaming them for defeats.

That's 100% Pardew incompetence, and nothing to do with Ashley - the only criticism I'd have of Ashley in this whole Cabaye sale thing was not sacking Pardew, because had he done that any decent manager would have come in and played the team many of us were crying out to see but which Pardew flat out refused to play (Marveaux the tip of a central midfield trio, Ben Arfa on the right of a front 3).

Tbf, I think Ashley is more to blame than Pardew is (although they both obviously have their faults). But if I was Pardew I would probably do the same. Newcastle United is just a job to him, if Ashley was stupid enough to give him a ridiculous contract why should Pardew walk away, whether he feels he can change things or not. In all honesty he probably thinks he owes nothing more to Mike Ashley as he has taken the brunt of the blame for Ashley's inadequate running of a football club and will bleed every penny he can out of him.

Not this s*** again.  Ashley is a crap owner but he doesn't pick the team, dictate tactics or run training sessions.  Ashley hasn't consistently picked inferior players (Smith, Perch, Gosling, Ameobi) when other options have been available to the detriment of the team and club as a whole.  Ashley isn't the one who has shoehorned players into the team out of their natural positions, destroying their confidence and nullifying any threat they might have once offered.

Ashley and Pardew are a good match for each other, they each cover the other's inadequacies but it has gone beyond the point now where Pardew is only holding back the club with his own shitness.  Pardew is now the root cause of most of the team's issues and has to go.  You ask why he should simply walk away since he has a contract? Because it's got the point where the crowd detest him, the players no longer give a f*** and even the media have started to wake up to his inabilities.  If he walks away now he might still get another job in the Premiership or top end of the Championship, the longer he allows it to continue the more questions will be raised about his skills and fewer clubs will think him a potential asset.  Walk away now and let the media run with the stories that it was Ashley's way of running the club that harmed the team, or carry on and let everyone know it was Pardew himself who couldn't organise a gangbang in a brothel.  Mark Hughes or David O'Leary, pick a career path.

I'm not saying that Pardew is innocent either, I just feel that Ashley is more to blame. Yes Pardew picks the team, but how much of a say does he have in the players at his disposal? He has shown in the past that he can get results when he has the right players. He is no scout, I doubt he even knows who half of the players we signed this summer actually are but we finished 5th with Pardew as a manager and a very average side tbh. But when Ashley decides he wants to sell our best player (by far) because he is far more interested in lining his own pockets than the fortunes of the football club. That is why, imo, Ashley is more to blame.

So sick of this 'we finished 5th once so he must be good' sh*te. I really am. Ipswich have finished 5th with George Burley. Allardyce finished 6th with Bolton. Do you want either of them as manager (again in Fat Sam's case)? Is it qualification enough? 

Numpty fluked it, it can happen. He'll never manage it again and don't kid yourself or any one else gullible enough to listen that he can.

I remember coming away from a lot of games that season thinking either it was a very evenly balanced game we were lucky to win, or that we have downright robbed the other team!

The following season I don't think we were significantly worse, I don't think European football really affected us (we played the kids and reserves after all), we just didn't have fortune on our side the way we did in 11/12. That season was a pure fluke.

The Cabaye thing is utter nonsense too, as though a team falling apart entirely due to the sale of only one player is acceptable. Even the best teams in the country lose key players now and again - you didn't see Arsenal turn into relegation candidates after Fabregas' sale, or Spurs after Bale's sale. I can't even recall such a huge nosedive after losing just one player where we're talking about comfortable mid table to genuine relegation form as a result of one sale.

The only valid criticism of Ashley regarding Cabaye's sale imo is that a replacement wasn't signed when yet again we sold a key player in the January window, which is a blatant tactic by Mike (i.e. sell when CL teams are likely to be most desperate, no replacement = save on wages = get to pocket even more cash from NUFC). But even then I think Ashley can be excused in this one instance, because we already had a ready made replacement at the club - Pardew should have thrown Marveaux straight into Cabaye's position as soon as the sale was made (in addition to Ben Arfa being the first name on the teamsheet) and given Sylvain at least 6 games in that position to make an impression. Instead Pardew, by his own admission, wanted to "try something different" after Cabaye went, which is why we then reverted to playing out and out hoofball where we were no longer even pretending to try to play football on the deck (which is what we had done in the months leading up to Cabaye's sale). He'd then only briefly throw Marveaux and Hatem on in random positions with no clear strategy/planning saying "go on, pull rabbits out of a hat" whilst the rest of the team was hoofing it/standing still, before then blaming them for defeats.

That's 100% Pardew incompetence, and nothing to do with Ashley - the only criticism I'd have of Ashley in this whole Cabaye sale thing was not sacking Pardew, because had he done that any decent manager would have come in and played the team many of us were crying out to see but which Pardew flat out refused to play (Marveaux the tip of a central midfield trio, Ben Arfa on the right of a front 3).

This is the key bit for me. If you base your entire gameplan and all of your creativity and goal-getting on one player that is total incompetence and football management at its worse. Given our injury record you'd have at least 3 or 4 back up plans in case that player got crocked.

The Cabaye sale showed Pardew up big time but predictably the media didn't see it that way.