Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Is there an earlier thread where the mood starts to turn against Pardiola?

People were praising him in the Elliot thread I was linked to earlier

The tide started turning in the 7-3 defeat to you and really set in when we lost at home to Reading in the 12/13 season.

Glad we could help ;)

Thanks for the links :D

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=93376.1350

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php?topic=93486.1300

I can only speak from a personal point of view, but i was behind Pardew till that home defeat to Reading. You hear all the stories from West Ham fans etc etc, but i thought i'd give him a chance :lol: That was when i realised that fans tend to know more about their football club than you do. :lol:

Was that the one where he subbed Marveaux despite being our best player?

Subbed Cabaye for Perch as well IIRC

Perch for Marveaux

Bigirimana for Cabaye

Obertan for Anita

Might as well have thrown in the white towel.

Aye. I remember that. Horrific in-play management.

Classic case of Pardew as not only a defensive manager but also a clever shit. "I will prove you wrong". Fucking prat.

Carver etc were just the remnants of the Pardew cancer. Can't believe that set up lasted so long.

Lasted TWO YEARS after that Reading game. c*** of a club.

Crazy that he another 2 years after that game.

Although, that was the last time I can vividly remember being absolutely livid with one of our results. Haven't cared enough since.

I was in complete utter shock that match, was insanely the worst thing I had ever seen (the 1-2 reading) in terms of substitutions. Marv was brilliant in that Arsenal match too but we had another spineless lay-job in that fucking team.

I was in complete utter shock that match, was insanely the worst thing I had ever seen (the 1-2 reading) in terms of substitutions. Marv was brilliant in that Arsenal match too but we had another spineless lay-job in that f***ing team.

Nah mate, needed a tackle on the pitch.

Perchy for me, like.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Reading through those threads, those subs, wow....

Remember at the time of the 7-3 how the subs made it even easier to bypass the midfield, but wow, you guys endured this usually?

I really don't watch Newcastle much, so forgive me for not getting it. From what I've read here, and from that Mcclaren interview on his "training", he seems like a terrible coach and his performances at Newcastle and almost getting relegated (Other than the 5th season) bear it out

But then he's turned out Palace and made them look like a brilliant side. How is that?

He generally gets the new manager bounce when he goes to new teams, hence why he's done well at Palace so far.

The season we finished 5th was down to a lot of luck. We never had that many key injuries, we had two strikers in the form of their lives and managed to score an amazingly good goal to shot ratio. During that season we were also lucky that teams never managed to punish us as well as they should have done, also a few teams also had bad league seasons.

A big factor that season though was that many of the players had never been trained by Pardew with his crap tactics, the same happened a few years ago where January transfer kept a us up.

I guess that's it. So Palace should be crap next season or is he more likely to succeed there? You guys did buy a lot of technical players, which English managers aren't exactly the best at using. His football should work better at Palace if he's in-charge of transfers, surely?

They would be a good bet to stay up next season but it will be a case of good players who play well despite him. In the long run you would have to fear for Crystal Palace, yes Pardew maybe going in for players like Cabaye now but once he runs out of good players who used to work for him then he'll never find anyone good himself. As it's been said, wait until the tide turns, Pardew can change it, he reverts to his usual crap good it long tactics.

I really don't watch Newcastle much, so forgive me for not getting it. From what I've read here, and from that Mcclaren interview on his "training", he seems like a terrible coach and his performances at Newcastle and almost getting relegated (Other than the 5th season) bear it out

But then he's turned out Palace and made them look like a brilliant side. How is that?

He generally gets the new manager bounce when he goes to new teams, hence why he's done well at Palace so far.

The season we finished 5th was down to a lot of luck. We never had that many key injuries, we had two strikers in the form of their lives and managed to score an amazingly good goal to shot ratio. During that season we were also lucky that teams never managed to punish us as well as they should have done, also a few teams also had bad league seasons.

A big factor that season though was that many of the players had never been trained by Pardew with his crap tactics, the same happened a few years ago where January transfer kept a us up.

I guess that's it. So Palace should be crap next season or is he more likely to succeed there? You guys did buy a lot of technical players, which English managers aren't exactly the best at using. His football should work better at Palace if he's in-charge of transfers, surely?

They would be a good bet to stay up next season but it will be a case of good players who play well despite him. In the long run you would have to fear for Crystal Palace, yes Pardew maybe going in for players like Cabaye now but once he runs out of good players who used to work for him then he'll never find anyone good himself. As it's been said, wait until the tide turns, Pardew can change it, he reverts to his usual crap good it long tactics.

Next season with Palace will be classic Pardew peaks and troughs imo but as he'll still have a load of basic cloggers in his squad and the people to make the odd thing happen like Puncheon and whoever then they'll be lower-mid table by the end and not in serious danger most likely.  For them it'll be considered a good season, and rightly so.

If he's allowed to add 4-5 of his own players this summer then that assessment may need revising mind :lol:

Aye the Reading result an him subsequently staying is when I knew Ashley would never let him go. I give him credit for rallying well at the beginning of the next season.

The Arsenal result wasn't THAT bad. Marveaux & Cisse I think looked very good. Anita looked okay but defensively we where a mess. IIRC we had an injury crisis around that game. There where some positives to take away from that game - although it proved later down the line that Pards had not noticed e.g. Marveaux as #10. It's the Reading result for me which would've seen him go under any decent owner.

A lot of you are covering your arses by saying Palace will finish lower midtable. You don't even have faith in your convictions - you know damn well Pardew could finish 18th or 8th with CPFC. That's my prediction either top half or relegated/sacked.

Knowing the jammy bastard he'll pull a Leicester.