Crystal Palace manager

Mick

I really don't watch Newcastle much, so forgive me for not getting it. From what I've read here, and from that Mcclaren interview on his "training", he seems like a terrible coach and his performances at Newcastle and almost getting relegated (Other than the 5th season) bear it out

But then he's turned out Palace and made them look like a brilliant side. How is that?

He generally gets the new manager bounce when he goes to new teams, hence why he's done well at Palace so far.

The season we finished 5th was down to a lot of luck. We never had that many key injuries, we had two strikers in the form of their lives and managed to score an amazingly good goal to shot ratio. During that season we were also lucky that teams never managed to punish us as well as they should have done, also a few teams also had bad league seasons.

A big factor that season though was that many of the players had never been trained by Pardew with his crap tactics, the same happened a few years ago where January transfer kept a us up.

Guest GoonerAlexis

I really don't watch Newcastle much, so forgive me for not getting it. From what I've read here, and from that Mcclaren interview on his "training", he seems like a terrible coach and his performances at Newcastle and almost getting relegated (Other than the 5th season) bear it out

But then he's turned out Palace and made them look like a brilliant side. How is that?

He generally gets the new manager bounce when he goes to new teams, hence why he's done well at Palace so far.

The season we finished 5th was down to a lot of luck. We never had that many key injuries, we had two strikers in the form of their lives and managed to score an amazingly good goal to shot ratio. During that season we were also lucky that teams never managed to punish us as well as they should have done, also a few teams also had bad league seasons.

A big factor that season though was that many of the players had never been trained by Pardew with his crap tactics, the same happened a few years ago where January transfer kept a us up.

I guess that's it. So Palace should be crap next season or is he more likely to succeed there? You guys did buy a lot of technical players, which English managers aren't exactly the best at using. His football should work better at Palace if he's in-charge of transfers, surely?

I guess that's it. So Palace should be crap next season or is he more likely to succeed there? You guys did buy a lot of technical players, which English managers aren't exactly the best at using. His football should work better at Palace if he's in-charge of transfers, surely?

He's great at inheriting players who've been trained by people who actually knew what they were doing and doing well for the next year or so, using his initial con-man charm and momentum. Then once the old training methods wear off and he has to come up with new ideas the football deteriorates and he has no way to turn it around.

It's also nailed on that he'll fall out with the flair players. He has at every club he's been at.

How Ryan Taylor at left back never cost us, ill never know.

Wasn't Ryan Taylor playing at left back during the run which ended with Steven Taylors injury against Chelsea. Where we were nigh on the best defensive unit this club can remember?

Not to mention Danny Simpson's 11 clearances off the line in that season.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Is there an earlier thread where the mood starts to turn against Pardiola?

People were praising him in the Elliot thread I was linked to earlier

Use the search function ye lazy bastard.

You'll have to wade through the old threads, enjoy:

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,72878.0.html

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,94790.0.html

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,92734.0.html

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.0.html

The tide started turning in the 7-3 defeat to you and really set in when we lost at home to Reading in the 12/13 season.

The tide started turning in the 7-3 defeat to you and really set in when we lost at home to Reading in the 12/13 season.

Guest GoonerAlexis

Glad we could help ;)

Thanks for the links :D