Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Dontooner

Rio on Moyes. Sounds bloody similar to the fuck face we have, only 10 times worse.

"He tried to impose a vision, but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be," writes Ferdinand in his book that is being serialised by the Sun. "Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. He'd slowly lost us. I didn't enjoy playing under him.

"Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn't play for us!

"Moyes's innovations led to negativity and confusion. It was always how to stop the other side. Moyes set us up not to lose. We'd been accustomed to playing to win."

Definitely a stand off.  Ashley saw the game on Saturday.  He knows full well the players aren't even trying for Pardew.  Pardew himself has to know the players aren't even running most of the time.  Pardew is betting Ashley will give in and sack him to avoid relegation.  Ashley is betting Pardew can't take the abuse from the stands and will walk away.  It's who will blink first.  I actually think Ashley will.  He has to realise that if the Hull game doesn't make Pardew walk away, then nothing will.  He'll stand there and take it, right till the point that he's stood in the dugout managing us in the championship.  In the end Ashley will either decide 8m to sack Pardew and staff (or whatever the amount is), has to be better than losing all the TV money.  If he's stubborn enough not to budge, we're screwed.  I'd bet houses, cars and whatever else on us going down if Pardew gets all season, maybe if he even gets till December.

Rio on Moyes. Sounds bloody similar to the fuck face we have, only 10 times worse.

"He tried to impose a vision, but never seemed to be completely clear what that vision should be," writes Ferdinand in his book that is being serialised by the Sun. "Unintentionally, he created a negative vibe where, with Fergie, it had always been positive. He'd slowly lost us. I didn't enjoy playing under him.

"Sometimes our main tactic was the long, high, diagonal cross. It was embarrassing. In one home game against Fulham we had 81 crosses! I was thinking, why are we doing this? Andy Carroll doesn't play for us!

"Moyes's innovations led to negativity and confusion. It was always how to stop the other side. Moyes set us up not to lose. We'd been accustomed to playing to win."

:lol:

:lol:

Thing is, I never really got that impression from Moyes' time at Everton, although maybe I just didn't watch enough of their matches over the years.  While they were never really spectacular, I always thought they played decent attacking football.

So how many here really think that he's about to be sacked/resign?

Still have a hard time seeing it happen.

It'll probably just happen out of the blue and not like at a normal club, where the show of despair from the fans at the Hull game would be enough.  With Joe Kinnear it seemed like the main fury about everything had died down.  Everyone had accepted that there seemed to be no getting rid of him.  Then all of a sudden he was gone.

So how many here really think that he's about to be sacked/resign?

Still have a hard time seeing it happen.

I honestly thought he would be gone after the weekend.. Now I'm not so sure, hopefully if the atmosphere is hostile on Saturday and we lose it should be enough to see him gone. If not, I fear we will be stuck with him :(

The mackems surviving last season probably hasn't helped with Ashleys thinking either, if the threat of relegation is a bearing.

He might be thinking that regardless of how few points we gets these few months, that escape is still possible.

They did have 'new manager bump' though, oh, and our numpty gifting them 6 points too.

Surely, he has to walk, he can't see all this hatred and think that he could win us back?

He could win me back.

It would take a remarkable change in both character and philosophy, assurances from our few remaining decent players that contrary to the obvious, they'd die for his cause, and an immediate and sustained series of improbable results leading to quantifiable league and cup success and a renewed sense of pride in the club and its people... but hey, my heart's not stone..

He could do it! :lol: