Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Only Shearer was thoroughly black and white as top class player. Of coz Bobby as a manager god bless..

To be honest we don't need players to be Geordie to become thorough black and white. Countless players have come to the club, some for the playing opportunity, some for the challenge, and some because we offered the most money.

But once they have arrived here they fall in love with the club and become proper black and white in my eyes.

Keegan, McDermott, Quinn, Dabizas, Solano, Ketsbaia are all proper black and white today.

In fact that is probably something else that is wrong with Pardew as he has never been able to tap into this and make the current crop of players 'get' the club like the past generations have.

Sir Les?

Still get the impression that loads think we're going to be ok and things will turn. They won't, the future is now.

“Things have to improve and they have to improve pretty quickly or we could find ourselves in a hole.” We're there Al. The hole was found some time ago and we're currently making a nice little nest at the fucking bottom of it. It's happened, past tense. It's going to get much deeper very quickly too.

By the time the rank and file morons actually realise it, it'll be too late.

He didn't really go as far as he should have but it was a refreshing change from reading/listening to Bishop's rent-a-quotes every day. About time someone came out and said how it is, regardless of the lack of bite. That will have rattled a few cages when coming from an admired figure, might make some of the sheeple listen.

We haven’t been unlucky.

“We havent been ravaged by injuries.

“We haven’t been done by dodgy decisions.

“We just haven’t been good enough.

“It’s simple.

O0

Funny he blames Ashley and the players for all of this.

Hopefully Shearer saying it, will at least make some people (Too thick not to have already) realise we're rubbish, have been for ages and relegation is a real possibility.  We don't need Waddle for instance telling people we've played well and have been unlucky.  There are too many people who get their opinion directly from the paper, so if Shearer acknowledges it, it's more likely the rest will fall in line.  Just a shame he couldn't bring himself to name Pardew as the main architect of it.

We haven’t been unlucky.

“We havent been ravaged by injuries.

“We haven’t been done by dodgy decisions.

“We just haven’t been good enough.

“It’s simple.

O0

Funny he blames Ashley and the players for all of this.

Most of the times yes, not this time by the looks of it.

Doesn't look like he's assigning any blame to Pardew. For some reason he won't.

For the same reason that Keegan won't. They've both dealt with Ashley first hand, so they would know it's an impossible job. Still, reading those quotes, that definitely refers to Pardew being poor, even if he doesn't mention him by name. I think the absence of a reference to Ashley here is more telling than the absence of Pardew being named directly.

Once the window closed on Sept 1st and Pardew declared how happy he was with the squad then it ceased to become Ashley's problem. The way Ashley runs the football club is a big problem, the way Pardew runs the football team is an even bigger one. I understand one has a bearing on the other but what we've seen on the park for months is 100% down to Pardew. The inherent failings of the football team are down to Pardew. This is his fucking mess and he's totally incapable of correcting it, he'll take us down unless Ashley acts.

Once the window closed on Sept 1st and Pardew declared how happy he was with the squad then it ceased to become Ashley's problem. The way Ashley runs the football club is a big problem, the way Pardew runs the football team is an even bigger one. I understand one has a bearing on the other but what we've seen on the park for months is 100% down to Pardew. The inherent failings of the football team are down to Pardew. This is his f***ing mess and he's totally incapable of correcting it, he'll take us down unless Ashley acts.

I've been going on about this for ages, but people outside of this forum keep saying the old "Who else could we get?" and blaming Ashley.  Once the window closed the squad is either above or below par under the management.  At the moment Pardew's management is dragging the squad down below where it should be, no matter what Ashley has done, or what he might do in January.  Pardew is a really big problem, because he can't get them playing and he will relegate us.  The squad is not that bad and the "Who will we get?" question becomes for me "Can anyone do worse than Pardew?"  The answer for me is no, anyone would be better than Pardew right now.  The man doesn't get wins, so who can do worse?

For the same reason that Keegan won't. They've both dealt with Ashley first hand, so they would know it's an impossible job. Still, reading those quotes, that definitely refers to Pardew being poor, even if he doesn't mention him by name. I think the absence of a reference to Ashley here is more telling than the absence of Pardew being named directly.

It's not an impossible job, though. He's expected to finish 17th and above every year. :lol:

A foreign coach, if we were to employ a competent one would easily work under our conditions.  Having financial restrictions to run a tight business, players being sold and replaced by a director of football.  Those are things that any foreign coach would be used to.  One of our big mistakes is trying to shoe horn dinosaur British managers into this system.  Koeman has had half a team sold, but because he knows how to deal with it, being positive and play football the right way, he has got his new players playing well.

So for me this isn't an impossible job at all, not when the job is 10th at best, avoid relegation at worst.  It's a job of very average difficulty for a coach with any talent.

Still get the impression that loads think we're going to be ok and things will turn. They won't, the future is now.

This is very true, reminds me of the last time we went down, and hugely dangerous. These people are sleepwalking into the Championship.

I swear they must have some sort of clause in their union contract that bans them from directly criticizing another English manager.