Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair to Shearer, he had exceptionally high standards and once said even if he wasn't producing the goods, he would work extra hard on the pitch to make up for it. I can see why he would be looking at the players, if he was in the dressing room as Captain he would be looking at the players and not so much the manager, this is why he stood by Souness and even Roeder. Roy Keane is the same, he wouldn't blame Moyes for last season, he'd blame the players.

As bad as Pardew is and as responsible as he is, the players haven't performed at all. Only Cisse and the Dutch lad to my mind have played well this season, the rest haven't even got going or have had mares on a consistent basis.

Gullit?

I imagine even then he would have been questioning the players rather than the manager, outside of dropping him and his pals of course, regarding performances. Shearer's an ex player, not an ex manager. He will always look at the players first and foremost, right or wrong. Unlike some, I can see why he would blame the players over the manager as he was someone who when the chips were down, gave it his all or would come out fighting to rectify things. Again, Pardew is responsible for how shit we are, all the way, but the players haven't exactly done themselves any favours.

Guest Howaythetoon

When did Shearer 'stand by' Roeder? We finished 7th under him when Shearer was there.

When he was made manager and struggling.

Jesus christ, those stories...  :anguish: The man would probably have chosen Hayden Mullins instead of playing Messi if he was given the chance.

Jesus christ, those stories...  :anguish: The man would probably have chosen Hayden Mullins instead of playing Messi if he was given the chance.

I know your post is intended to be light hearted but the no lipped, arrogant thick fucking cunt WOULD have played Mullins over Messi. There is no doubt in my mind. Worst manager in English Football history. Hope he gets ran over by a truck.

Managers, ex or wannabe, never ever come out and criticize other managers.

this is it, they spend their lives from  the age of probably 10 years old steeped in the culture of football, and that culture is 'closed shop', 'everything behind closed doors'...no-one is ever likely to break the cycle if they possibly have future aspirations in the game as they'll be shunned within it if they do

pardew is an interesting case because i genuinely can't recall another manager with so low an ability as a football manager combined with such a reliance (you might even say expertise) on public relations to hide the fact he's a terrible manager....has it happened before?  you generally get shit managers thrown to the wolves but pardew is being backed by ashley's PR people and is himself adept at convincing most of our fans he's not to blame

shit managers are usually shit at explaining their shitness away but pardew isn't