Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Just to get you in the weekend mood ... Chris Waddle.

Be warned this could actually make you top yourself.

“The one thing you don’t want when walking onto the pitch is fans holding banners up with ‘manager out’. The players are still playing for Pardew so he must be doing something right. I was at the Stoke City game and Newcastle played very well. They just couldn’t grab a goal.

“They dug in against Swansea and got a good result after going down to 2-0, so you can’t say the players aren’t giving it everything. But sometimes you have to be realistic and say ‘how good are the team?’ Currently, they’re on par with the teams in the bottom half of the league.”

“People might say they’re better than that, but does that mean you get a new manager in who can get more out of his team?

“Personally I don’t think you can. If a new manager comes in, he’d say to Mike Ashley ‘I need to bring in three or four players to make this team stronger’. Alan Pardew could probably say the same thing right now, but they haven’t got the budget at the minute so what’s the point in bringing a new manager in if he’s going to work from the same sort of line?”

:pokerface:

Why even employ a manager at all? He obviously has zero influence on the team.

They never seem to acknowledge this. Or the fact that failing managers receive huge renumeration for failing.

Just to get you in the weekend mood ... Chris Waddle.

Be warned this could actually make you top yourself.

“The one thing you don’t want when walking onto the pitch is fans holding banners up with ‘manager out’. The players are still playing for Pardew so he must be doing something right. I was at the Stoke City game and Newcastle played very well. They just couldn’t grab a goal.

“They dug in against Swansea and got a good result after going down to 2-0, so you can’t say the players aren’t giving it everything. But sometimes you have to be realistic and say ‘how good are the team?’ Currently, they’re on par with the teams in the bottom half of the league.”

“People might say they’re better than that, but does that mean you get a new manager in who can get more out of his team?

“Personally I don’t think you can. If a new manager comes in, he’d say to Mike Ashley ‘I need to bring in three or four players to make this team stronger’. Alan Pardew could probably say the same thing right now, but they haven’t got the budget at the minute so what’s the point in bringing a new manager in if he’s going to work from the same sort of line?”

He wants taking out the back and shooting TBH

I can only assume that the stories about former footballers suffering from severe brain injuries due to repeatedly heading the ball during their playing careers must be true considering some of the utter drivel that they come out with.  It's frankly insulting to the fans who watch this shit week in, week out.  Somehow despite all the evidence to the contrary, Pardew is actually doing a stellar job and no manager should ever be criticised for their inability to actually do the job they're being paid unbelievably well to do (unless they're one of them weird foreign types, then the knives can come out).

Guest antz1uk

"I was at the Stoke City game and Newcastle played very well."

He must be f***ing blind.

or a mackem, which he always has been, oh and another put of touch footballer with 25yr out of date views

We're a week away and here come the excuses ...

"It’s a time where we lose all our big players, and they come back and we’re going to have two days to prepare for a massive game. It’s a big, big chance for us to get our win in the next home game. We’ve got to try and take it.”

Guest Bert Shaft

"I was at the Stoke City game and Newcastle played very well."

He must be f***ing blind.

Nerr mate, its just Waddlers mackem tendencies revealing themselves.

We're a week away and here come the excuses ...

"It’s a time where we lose all our big players, and they come back and we’re going to have two days to prepare for a massive game. It’s a big, big chance for us to get our win in the next home game. We’ve got to try and take it.”

It actually sounds like he's only expecting one win this season :lol:

Waddle is and always has been, a Mackem fan. He was quite happy to use NUFC to get him on to the rung of the professional ladder when playing for Tow Law, but debunked for Spurs as soon as he could.

Decent player but his heart was NEVER in NUFC....comes over as thick as a door-stop too. Even when people were raving about him, I always thought that Beardsley was the better player and so it proved - pity they both turned out to be stool-pigeons for the owner and manager, but then, what can you expect from 2 players who thought they had bettered themselves by going to other clubs and bought into the MSM and Southern view that NUFC is just a second-rate club and the fans should be happy with their lot.

Heaven preserve us from pontificating former players who want to foist the benefit of their vast experience on to us - why don't they just disappear into football retiree-land..?

Only Shearer was thoroughly black and white as top class player. Of coz Bobby as a manager god bless..

To be honest we don't need players to be Geordie to become thorough black and white. Countless players have come to the club, some for the playing opportunity, some for the challenge, and some because we offered the most money.

But once they have arrived here they fall in love with the club and become proper black and white in my eyes.

Keegan, McDermott, Quinn, Dabizas, Solano, Ketsbaia are all proper black and white today.

In fact that is probably something else that is wrong with Pardew as he has never been able to tap into this and make the current crop of players 'get' the club like the past generations have.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Only Shearer was thoroughly black and white as top class player. Of coz Bobby as a manager god bless..

To be honest we don't need players to be Geordie to become thorough black and white. Countless players have come to the club, some for the playing opportunity, some for the challenge, and some because we offered the most money.

But once they have arrived here they fall in love with the club and become proper black and white in my eyes.

Keegan, McDermott, Quinn, Dabizas, Solano, Ketsbaia are all proper black and white today.

In fact that is probably something else that is wrong with Pardew as he has never been able to tap into this and make the current crop of players 'get' the club like the past generations have.

Thats because Pardew doesn't "get" the club himself.