Crystal Palace manager

Mick

Guest Howaythetoon

He was perfectly within his rights to take on a manager who did damage to the club that we've never recovered from.

In the way he did? Personally I found the whole chapter embarrassing, damaging and not befitting of our club. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy used the situation to engineer a move away. Souness was 100% wrong to use him the way he did and Bellamy was right, Souness wasn't the right man etc. we all knew that, but he feigned injury by all accounts and caused an uproar behind the scenes. At the time, Bellamy vs Souness was like choosing between good and evil, but in hindsight they were both bad apples if you like. Selfishly of course Bellamy was more important to the club in terms of how good he was and what he brought to the team, but we were well shot of him as we were Souness. FS should of fired them both together.

Guest firetotheworks

Within reason I only care about what happens on the field, for that reason alone I was totally with Bellamy, despite him being an odious little prick of a person.

Guest Howaythetoon

I disagree, I think it was all Souness' fault. :lol:

:thup:

Good managers manager good players, not good people.

That's a bit simplistic to be honest. Not many teams succeed with bad apples in their ranks. Sir Bobby made it work to an extent, but by the end, Bellamy's antics and that of others, lost him his job and it was one of the reasons Souness was (wrongly and pathetically) appointed. Bellamy basically didn't like being told what to do by anyone and thought he had made it at NUFC, he hated someone like Shearer being adored by all and respected by his team-mates, someone he found boring and a bit of a corporate man. He has no humility nor any professionalism. The bloke is a wanker and someone I certainly won't be looking back on in years to come with any real fondness. I'll reserve that for Speed, Nobby, Robert, Shearer et al.

Guest Howaythetoon

Within reason I only care about what happens on the field, for that reason alone I was totally with Bellamy, despite him being an odious little prick of a person.

So if Pardew keeps winning all is forgotten? Sorry but that's bull shit. I fucking hated Souness and was dead set against his appointment. I adored Bellamy as a player and for me he was arguably our most important player, but there is a line and he crossed it, not once but several times. If he went on the way he did with Souness with say KK, he would have been vilified by fans. He was the pantomime hero literally, to the devil incarnate that was Souness.

So if Pardew keeps winning all is forgotten? Sorry but that's bull shit.

Yeah, it really is mate. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I disagree, I think it was all Souness' fault. :lol:

:thup:

Good managers manager good players, not good people.

That's a bit simplistic to be honest. Not many teams succeed with bad apples in their ranks. Sir Bobby made it work to an extent, but by the end, Bellamy's antics and that of others, lost him his job and it was one of the reasons Souness was (wrongly and pathetically) appointed. Bellamy basically didn't like being told what to do by anyone and thought he had made it at NUFC, he hated someone like Shearer being adored by all and respected by his team-mates, someone he found boring and a bit of a corporate man. He has no humility nor any professionalism. The bloke is a wanker and someone I certainly won't be looking back on in years to come with any real fondness. I'll reserve that for Speed, Nobby, Robert, Shearer et al.

This has been brought up before about the success vs bad apples thing and I honestly listed like 30 players that were all successful or are successful despite being seen as bad apples. It's honestly rubbish. Just off the top of my head: Cantona, Suarez, Tevez, Ashley Cole, Terry, Keane, Khan, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Van Nistlerooy.

Even players that are generally seen as good eggs or at least professionals can fall out with managers. Look at Shearer, Lee, Beckham, Staam, Yorke, Cole.

I agree to an extent, but I truly believe that if a player is worth it, a good manager will negate for it because their contribution on the pitch is all that matters. Otherwise you end up with players like Shola, Smith and to a lesser extent Milner playing for you and you go exactly nowhere.

Guest firetotheworks

So if Pardew keeps winning all is forgotten? Sorry but that's bull shit. I fucking hated Souness and was dead set against his appointment. I adored Bellamy as a player and for me he was arguably our most important player, but there is a line and he crossed it, not once but several times. If he went on the way he did with Souness with say KK, he would have been vilified by fans. He was the pantomime hero literally, to the devil incarnate that was Souness.

If Pardew was a good manager, I'd have much less of a problem with him being a terrible man. Football comes first.

If we'd had him in our squad (and Souness wasn't being just as much of a cunt to Robert), we'd have won that quarter final against Sporting and faced AZ Alkmaar in the semis.

But at least we got rid of both "bad apples" \o/

Fucking shit spin there by Pardew. Fuck off, you cunt.

Bellamy can fuck off, too. Didn't hear him moan when he played wide for Rovers, Liverpool and City. Little shit threatened to leave us had we signed Rooney, as well. Deluded shitface.

I got bored.

http://www.yugiohcardmaker.net/ycmaker/createcard.php?name=SanToon&cardtype=Trap&trapmagictype=Field&rarity=Common&picture=tempimages%2F147935366.png&circulation=&set1=&set2=&carddescription=When+this+card+is+applied+the+player+try+and+attack+the+opposition%2C+only+to+be+faced+by+a+railing%2C+which+he+will+attempt+to+jump+over+and+fall+flat+on+his+face+in+front+his%2Fhers+idol.%0D%0A%0D%0A-60%25+Respect&creator=NewcOnline&year=2014&serial=00580891

He was perfectly within his rights to take on a manager who did damage to the club that we've never recovered from.

In the way he did? Personally I found the whole chapter embarrassing, damaging and not befitting of our club. Again, I wouldn't be surprised if Bellamy used the situation to engineer a move away. Souness was 100% wrong to use him the way he did and Bellamy was right, Souness wasn't the right man etc. we all knew that, but he feigned injury by all accounts and caused an uproar behind the scenes. At the time, Bellamy vs Souness was like choosing between good and evil, but in hindsight they were both bad apples if you like. Selfishly of course Bellamy was more important to the club in terms of how good he was and what he brought to the team, but we were well shot of him as we were Souness. FS should of fired them both together.

Fired our best player because he didn't get on with a manager who put his own ego before the club. Quality. Brilliant insight.

Bold is nonsense, too.

Turns out my new neighbour is a Newcastle fan. I asked him if he wanted Pardew out to gauge his retardedness but he said no and that he's a 'good manager'. Though he did also say we started off the season well with the draw against City. I reminded him we lost 2-0 to which he replied 'but we held them to a draw at half-time'.

Oh.

Turns out my new neighbour is a Newcastle fan. I asked him if he wanted Pardew out to gauge his retardedness but he said no and that he's a 'good manager'. Though he did also say we started off the season well with the draw against City. I reminded him we lost 2-0 to which he replied 'but we held them to a draw at half-time'.

Oh.

I'd sell my house.

Oh.

I'd sell my house.

Burn it to the ground, declare bankruptcy and start again, it's the only way.

Oh.

Holding a team to a draw until half time matters. You can tell it does, due to all the points you don't get.

Deserves the club he has.  How old is he?  Is he "it was way worse in the 80s m8" or "I've never seen anything better m8" or is he a total weirdo and an absolute freak?

Don't think he lives in Rome mate.

Guest Howaythetoon

Fired our best player because he didn't get on with a manager who put his own ego before the club. Quality. Brilliant insight.

Bold is nonsense, too.

You could say Bellamy put his own ego before the club as well. They were as bad as each other and both an embarrassment to the club. As for the feigning of injury, I thought it was common knowledge he did it?! It wouldn't have been the first time either...

Anyway when I look back at that era, he's well down the list to be honest. Shearer, Speed, Robert, Nobby and Sir Bobby... that's who I'll remember. Bellamy goes into the same pot as Souness and Dyer - fuck them!

Was this posted?

Jonas Gutiérrez on .@NUFC 's Alan Pardew on .@DiarioOle "I will never forgive him.I returned from chemotherapy & he told me to find a club"

fucking hell..

:pardsbeard: