Crystal Palace manager

Mick

"We wish him well."  This is another one of his fucking horrendous catch phrases.

He said it about Elliot playing last week and he's said it again about Alnwick.  Of course you/the club wish him well.  He's one of our players you utter shithouse. 

It's the sort of thing you'd say when a player leaves.  Not when talking about one of your starters.

Probably a massive overreaction and there are much bigger problems than this.  But looking at him, reading quotes from him and hearing him speak makes me want assault the screen.  :lol:

Simon Mignolet, whose continued presence in goal is the greatest act of negligence of all, has been ordered to kick the ball long given that he is a liability playing out from the back; full backs have been asked to tuck in rather than rampage forward; midfielders must now stop opponents’ attacks rather than launching their own; fluid forwards have been replaced with static ones. The end result is that Liverpool are unrecognisable from the team who began swatting rivals aside with contemptuous ease this time last year.

That Rodgers is resorting to such methods is, in one respect, an indication of his growing pragmatism but it also highlights his desperation. This is not how he wants to play.

It is Liverpool supporters who are suffering, with their eight visits to Anfield for league games so far this season yielding seven home goals, only three more than they witnessed in 20 minutes against Arsenal last season.

I lifted that from The Times because it's a journalist (Tony Barrett) who is despairing about Rodgers resorting to defensive football with long ball inevitably creeping in. Quite sickening how Liverpool supporters are sympathised with for having to watch this stuff while we should be lapping up the turgid shit served up by Pardew and thanking him for it.

Simon Mignolet, whose continued presence in goal is the greatest act of negligence of all, has been ordered to kick the ball long given that he is a liability playing out from the back; full backs have been asked to tuck in rather than rampage forward; midfielders must now stop opponents’ attacks rather than launching their own; fluid forwards have been replaced with static ones. The end result is that Liverpool are unrecognisable from the team who began swatting rivals aside with contemptuous ease this time last year.

That Rodgers is resorting to such methods is, in one respect, an indication of his growing pragmatism but it also highlights his desperation. This is not how he wants to play.

It is Liverpool supporters who are suffering, with their eight visits to Anfield for league games so far this season yielding seven home goals, only three more than they witnessed in 20 minutes against Arsenal last season.

I lifted that from The Times because it's a journalist (Tony Barrett) who is despairing about Rodgers resorting to defensive football with long ball inevitably creeping in. Quite sickening how Liverpool supporters are sympathised with for having to watch this stuff while we should be lapping up the turgid shit served up by Pardew and thanking him for it.

You forget that Liverpool Football Club and their fans are automatically entitled to goals, wins and success.

(Nearly) all other teams should be happy with mediocrity.

Me and my mate managed Wimbledon to the PL title circa 1997 in a play-by-mail management game. I deal the realism helped me prepare for a career in management.

was it called extra time?

Think it was Saville Soccer, a way for pedo's to get kids phone numbers mostly.

Is your team red? Yes - you deserve better!

No  - Does your team play in London? Yes - You deserve better!

No  - Deal with it!

"We wish him well."  This is another one of his fucking horrendous catch phrases.

He said it about Elliot playing last week and he's said it again about Alnwick.  Of course you/the club wish him well.  He's one of our players you utter shithouse. 

:lol:

No  - Deal with it!

:thup:

It's disgusting tbh, although it won't be long till Man City break the sequence.

No  - Deal with it!

:thup:

It's disgusting tbh, although it won't be long till Man City break the sequence.

It's the bias of the media, hypocrisy at its finest, even with all their money City have never really reached media darling territory, like what they've done is remotely different to Chelski?

Not that it would bother me so much if it was just the prattlings of some half-wit journalist who gets paid not to research, or even if it clouded the judgement and caused sneers from clueless opposition supporters. What I can stand is the tired old clichés printed over and over again, the world swallows and nods in blind harmony, even our own supporters, who couldn't point out anyone who agrees with the clichés, agree with aplomb!

But, oh no, poor old Liverpool, with their deep historical roots, the numba one supafans, how the mouthy have fallen, such horrific defensive football they are forced to endure, they don't deserve that. Geordies?! Pardews where you're at, hands tied, where you belong, yadda, yadda. Boils my piss!

:lol: Wishing him well, it's almost as if there's nothing he can possibly say to him that will directly influence his performance.  Oh, hang on.

That's a genuinely appalling thing to say isn't it?

"Best of luck in the future kidda."

"But boss, I'm starting in goal for you against..."

"We wish you well."

"But I'm..."

"Best of luck in your future endeavours."

"......"

" :pardsbeard:"

I found that a strange article. He doesn't mention the loss of Suarez and the absence of Sturridge once, but that has been the most significant cause of their decline.  The three-pronged attack of Suarez-Sturridge-Sterling was what nearly took them to the title.

http://www.fraserking.co.uk/spectrum/screenshots/Football_Manager2.png

That's going in - the lad on the edge of the area will play it through to the poacher on the 6 yard line who will calmly slide it home.

Loved that game!

Said with us in mind here for me!

But Pardew, who faces Wenger in Saturdays tea-time kick-off, said: ‘The incident at the train station was totally disrespectful. I think 99 per cent of Arsenal fans would have been ashamed of that and we could get the backlash of it. They will want to show how much they love him.

‘That stadium should be named after him. The job he did in that move across (from Highbury), when they had all that debt and he had to be very careful with the transfer budget — it was a miracle that he kept them in the Champions League.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2870775/Arsene-Wenger-s-better-Jose-Mourinho-Arsenal-fans-respect-says-Alan-Pardew.html#ixzz3Lfj4oYGI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I lifted that from The Times because it's a journalist (Tony Barrett) who is despairing about Rodgers resorting to defensive football with long ball inevitably creeping in. Quite sickening how Liverpool supporters are sympathised with for having to watch this stuff while we should be lapping up the turgid s*** served up by Pardew and thanking him for it.

You forget that Liverpool Football Club and their fans are automatically entitled to goals, wins and success.

(Nearly) all other teams should be happy with mediocrity.

Yep.  I heard Jeff Stelling actually say something along the lines of "joy for the LONG SUFFERING Manchester City fans."  Referring to City's win against Roma.  I know they had it s*** many years ago and I know their record in the CL has been poor since qualifying 3-4 years in a row.  But long suffering?  Compared to who? 

Must be hard watching you dick teams at home, win 4 trophies in 4 years and keep qualifying for the Champions League.