Crystal Palace manager

Mick

The sacking of hughton makes less and less sense based on performances alone as this guy has a far worse record and has put us in worse position consistently, yet enjoys loyal support from Ashley and co. Do local journos ever compare the tenures of previous fired bosses to this one and ask tough questions of Charnley or whomever is supposedly the mouthpiece for the club?

This man made me think international weekends are alright - I used to hate them!

Not me I hate international weekends and this one in particular just delays the sacking of pardew by a week

The sacking of hughton makes less and less sense based on performances alone as this guy has a far worse record and has put us in worse position consistently, yet enjoys loyal support from Ashley and co. Do local journos ever compare the tenures of previous fired bosses to this one and ask tough questions of Charnley or whomever is supposedly the mouthpiece for the club?

Nothing about his appointment was football related. He's onboard with the whole charade here, we're not even trying and he knows it. It was his lifeline back into the spotlight after his failures at West Ham, Charlton and Southampton. He probably agreed to be the mouthpiece etc. to oversee the uncomfortable side business called football.

More and more people admitting they actually want us to lose if it hastens the departure of anti-football Pardew. Now that's a story for the press!

It's a sad indication of just how bad things are when the only pleasure you get out of football is seeing your own team lose.  A team that some have supported for decades and even when we've actually been in a worse state as a club.  I'm not saying this as a throw away comment, I have never known us ever have a worse manager and I will gladly see is getting beat if it hastens his departure from the club.

Things will never improve while he's here for anything more than a short spell, any improvement will always be a blip followed by garbage because that's what he's about, it's what he does and he's not going to change now.

He's too arrogant to see his flaws and he'll never correct them while he can't see them.

So it's just me who thinks that having 4 or 5 STAY's is better than having none as it lends more credibility and realism to the poll?

I think it looks unrealistic now when it says that 4 people want him to stay :lol:

So it's just me who thinks that having 4 or 5 STAY's is better than having none as it lends more credibility and realism to the poll?

Who are we trying to convince with realistic looking poll results? The Board doesn't care and will stick with Pardew. Most opposition fans will see the poll as the voice of the demanding NUFC fan, unhappy with and sacking yet another manager for not delivering the top-4 finish we expect. Despite the dated and inaccurate nature of that caricature it still seems a widely held perception.

Poll should be emailed to the local rags, if it hasnt been already. Damning.

I've sent it to people I know at the Nationals and Local press. I doubt ncj will run anything on it as they have just conducted their own poll, but the nationals might.

We are so damned unlucky, or cursed maybe ...

The number of injuries in the last week, are enough for this Neanderthal to hide behind, and get support from the media from now. Absolutely terrified that this will afford him more time than he would otherwise have got all things considered.

Deeply depressing.