Crystal Palace manager

Mick

More and more people admitting they actually want us to lose if it hastens the departure of anti-football Pardew. Now that's a story for the press!

It's a sad indication of just how bad things are when the only pleasure you get out of football is seeing your own team lose.  A team that some have supported for decades and even when we've actually been in a worse state as a club.  I'm not saying this as a throw away comment, I have never known us ever have a worse manager and I will gladly see is getting beat if it hastens his departure from the club.

Things will never improve while he's here for anything more than a short spell, any improvement will always be a blip followed by garbage because that's what he's about, it's what he does and he's not going to change now.

He's too arrogant to see his flaws and he'll never correct them while he can't see them.

What's worse is that some soopafans seem to think we enjoy watching our team lose. We don't. I can't wait for the day this pox of a manager and his backroom staff are gone so I can get back to really looking forward to our games again. Start punching the air with delight when we score goals rather than being conflicted while sitting through drab joyless football.

First two comments below that article...    :rolleyes:

Viciousandy • 27 minutes ago

Oh FFS, what is it they actually want? To bring Kevin Keegan back?

• Reply•Share ›

Vian  Viciousandy • 8 minutes ago

I don't get it either. He has barely any money to spend, his best players are sold from under him constantly, and he manages to get Newcastle in the top ten on a regular basis. It looks like he's doing a pretty good job to me.

:jesuswept:

First two comments below that article...    :rolleyes:

Viciousandy • 27 minutes ago

Oh FFS, what is it they actually want? To bring Kevin Keegan back?

• Reply•Share ›

Vian  Viciousandy • 8 minutes ago

I don't get it either. He has barely any money to spend, his best players are sold from under him constantly, and he manages to get Newcastle in the top ten on a regular basis. It looks like he's doing a pretty good job to me.

:jesuswept:

:lol:

Expected a handful of stay votes to appear when I saw a screenshot of the poll had been posted on Reddit.

:lol: What they saying?

To be fair, not a word of support in that thread.  But there's at least 2 or 3 on the subreddit who are willing to spend hours poring over stats to try and demonstrate that Pardew isn't that bad, so I'd imagine they'd be willing to take a few minutes pop over and show what a unique and special little snowflake they are by going against popular opinion.  But not actually explain why, because their arguments would get expertly demolished on here.

Expected a handful of stay votes to appear when I saw a screenshot of the poll had been posted on Reddit.

:lol: What they saying?

To be fair, not a word of support in that thread.  But there's at least 2 or 3 on the subreddit who are willing to spend hours poring over stats to try and demonstrate that Pardew isn't that bad, so I'd imagine they'd be willing to take a few minutes pop over and show what a unique and special little snowflake they are by going against popular opinion.  But not actually explain why, because their arguments would get expertly demolished on here.

Feels like I've seen that argument a thousand times on there. Just utterly incapable of getting through to the cretins.

:uglystupid2: : Well if you make a league table out of longballs played we don't actu--

:pilko: : No one cares what the rest of the league does that's a stupid comparison!

:uglystupid2: : Yes well we don't play as many as some oth--

:pilko: : It doesn't matter what other teams do, our own play is boring and negative.

:uglystupid2: : Well it can't be boring and negative if we don't play as many long balls as fulham so I d--

:pilko: : this is a complete waste of my time.

I've come to the conclusion that some people just want more out of life than others do.

I haven't been able to watch match of the day properly in over a year now, because it's too annoying watch most other teams looking so good, and then comparing it to the putrid stuff we serve up.

You're sitting there watching the likes of Hull, Swansea, Southampton, WBA, Crystal Palace and Stoke play football that actually produces some moments of excitement, while we just slog through every match hoping to hang on to one goal leads, if we manage to get a lead of course. Otherwise we just concede and then lose.

Anyone who thinks this is fine, really does have some kind of serious problem. I will never understand it. This has been going on for ages now. Game after game of absolute nonsense. I'm amazed anyone can stick up for the guy. In a way I admire that level of crazy I really do. It's astounding.

I never understand the "better the devil you know" argument. Some fear for a worse manager should we get rid of of Pardew.

Thats like telling my daughter its ok to pickup dog shit and eat it, because im nervous she might pickup something worse and eat it.

I never understand the "better the devil you know" argument. Some fear for a worse manager should we get rid of of Pardew.

Thats like telling my daughter its ok to pickup dog shit and eat it, because im nervous she might pickup something worse and eat it.

It isn't like, but your basic point is a good one.

:lol:

It's a self esteem problem. These are the same people who stick in shitty relationships because they don't believe they're worth better, or that they'd never find anyone better.

You're so right. You've definitely nailed it.

It's the dudes that will stick with the worst person, who treats them like crap, because they believe it's what they deserve and can do no better.

Pretty tragic stuff.

How long before he blames the fans again for the current malaise? I don't see us beating Soton and Hull at home is going to be freakin' epic, as much as I hate using that word. Cardiff-esque. Wish the giant screen was up by then, we could see his cowardly face hiding in the dugout.

That screen is going to be a big problem for Pardew man  :lol:

Imagine the pleasure of having to see every inept effort of ours replayed again in slow motion. People will be baying for his blood.

I've never been at a football match in the UK where a screen has been used in this way. Do they actually play live replays? Usually they don't so as not to embarrass the referee etc.

6 people have voted for him to stay, as far as I'm aware not one has said why and I would love to hear the reason for it, if they can even come up with one at this stage.  Even if they can, I doubt it will be because he's worth keeping and they can see anything in him.

That screen is going to be a big problem for Pardew man  :lol:

Imagine the pleasure of having to see every inept effort of ours replayed again in slow motion. People will be baying for his blood.

I've never been at a football match in the UK where a screen has been used in this way. Do they actually play live replays? Usually they don't so as not to embarrass the referee etc.

Think they mostly show goals, or close chances etc Actually now I'm thinking about it maybe I am thinking of games I've seen abroad! Pretty sure it will be the same here though.

Showing highlights of the other team roasting us, while we keep messing up, will go down very well I'm sure  :lol:

Long time lurker, new poster, but just wanted to put on record i definitely voted go. With the evidence available surely you would have to be clinically insane to want the turgid tosspot to stay. I'm a normally placid person but seeing his smug face or hearing his we woz freetenin drivel brings about a level of anger that has to be unhealthy towards someone I don't know personally.

I despair what this club has become and how so many of our fans have allowed these muppets to reduce expectations to a level where we would be happy to accept bloody Tony Pulis as manager, so useless is that tw*t currently in charge.

Pardew has to go. Thinking of getting a ticket for the Hull game to hopefully witness him not daring to come out of the dugout again and to hear the support for Ben Arfa. Shout out to you guys for the stunning job with the flags. The amount of exposure has been immense, and sure another little outing for the Hull game wont go amiss. The Nationals are waiting to see what happens, so it's imperative the campaign to get him out keeps ratcheting up, and Hull becomes a verbal battleground against the coward.