Newcastle United 2 - 2 Hull City - 20/09/14 - Post Match Reaction from page 45

BlueStar

Can't believe Pardew is getting credit for yesterday,  why does 2 goals erase the dross that came before it. Some of our fans lapping up the comeback on twitter. Chuffed with a draw at home to Hull ffs.

Bringing on a goalscorer to score goals?  You can't ignore that level of tactical prowess.  Do you think that Louis van Gaal or José Mourinho could have come up with such a game changing masterplan?

It was a weird, unexpected atmosphere and game on Saturday. The protest fell way short of expectations and was very dissapointing however on the flip side of things, the support for the players and more importantly for Jonas was excellent. We were behind the team from the first minute and i'm sure they appreciated that.

First half was fairly decent, should have been leading going into half time but we just lack any sort of killing instinct in the final third. Tiote back in the middle was a huge boost for the side, looked a lot more assured in the middle of the park. Was a good battle between him and Diame all game. Second half couldn't have got off to a worse start, Colback should know better than that and we got punished. Fans tbf still stuck by the team but the second goal killed all hope for fans and seemingly Pardew. Cisse had other ideas, aside from his goals, his attitude, commitment and touch of class was evident for all to see. Was a breath of fresh air seeing world class movement up top once again, something that Riviere had been solely lacking for weeks.

The draw on the whole was awful, the comeback however was spirited but couldn't help walk out the ground thinking Cisse had saved Pardew his job once again with his heroics. Was a well earned point which we rightly deserved but Pardew still shouldn't be allowed to remain at the post, the treatment of Perez on the tocuhline was a shambles and cowardly. Fairly sure he was scared of going for the winner incase we conceded another.

We were behind the team from the first minute and i'm sure they appreciated that.

It was a library. Where was the support for the team? Maybe it was different at the ground but it's the quietest I've ever heard us on TV.

Atmosphere was significantly better than any other home game aside from Cardiff/mackems we've had this calendar year IMO.

I can't remember a single thing about the first half.

Approximately 0 things happened.

We were behind the team from the first minute and i'm sure they appreciated that.

It was a library. Where was the support for the team? Maybe it was different at the ground but it's the quietest I've ever heard us on TV.

Was very loud in the ground mind, best support to the team for ages.

And what was the crack with Perez?? He went on for the last 5 minutes or so didn't he which I thought was us going for the win??

What happened with Perez?

Twice stripped to come on, only told to be told to sit back down again. Then came on with about a minute of the game remaining. For a player who has had decent cameos, to be giving one minute of that match was awful. Only positive is that Gouffran actually done well to assist the second goal but he still should have been hauled off much earlier than he was.

Surprised at that because in the ground it was very vocal. Very few games have matched that kind of support in recent times.

• 9 years later...

Can’t believe people were saying this was a decent atmosphere.. about 7 people stood up (including myself) for the sack pardew "protest". Was a member on here handing the cards out outside the ground if I remember right. Also remember the hope flag with Ben Arfa as Che Guevara?

12 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Can’t believe people were saying this was a decent atmosphere.. about 7 people stood up (including myself) for the sack pardew "protest". Was a member on here handing the cards out outside the ground if I remember right. Also remember the hope flag with Ben Arfa as Che Guevara?

me and the bairn were among those handing out the red cards - i think they were red - got a lot of abuse outside and inside the ground.

one of the reasons we moved our seats to the gallowgate.

27 minutes ago, huss9 said:

me and the bairn were among those handing out the red cards - i think they were red - got a lot of abuse outside and inside the ground.

one of the reasons we moved our seats to the gallowgate.

I was handing flyers out (I think that day).

Got some absolutely vile abuse outside the ground.