Man City 0 - 2 NUFC - League Cup R4 - 29/10/14 - Post match reaction from pg 36

Mike

Guest Bert Shaft

Nowt to get excited about. I' ve got more chance of shagging Kelly Brook than NUFC have of beating Spuds 3 times in a row at their place.  :huff:

Nowt to get excited about. I' ve got more chance of shagging Kelly Brook than NUFC have of beating Spuds 3 times in a row at their place.  :huff:

Given you'll be something like 5/1, I commend you for having an above 16% chance of shagging Kelly Brook.

Given you'll be something like 5/1, I commend you for having an above 16% chance of shagging Kelly Brook.

:lol:

Is that you Danny cipriani ?

Neil, ffs :lol: roasted the fella

Citeh's recent cup record is pretty woeful mind.  Only 1 win in last 7 in FA Cup, League Cup, Charity Shield and Champions League.

Surely as a stat this is quite a strange one, in knockout competitions at any given time you probably lost your last game in it, unless you're currently in the middle of a cup run or you're the holders.  Like every club in the Premier League lost their last FA cup match apart from Arsenal, and every club in the country bar eight lost their last League Cup game.

Guest Bert Shaft

Nice one.  :D

However If you were a Newcastle fan you'd know we are absolute dogshit in this competition. Add that to the fact that this "not a priority" to win match comes a few days before a "dare not lose 3-0 again" game against Sunlun for Pardew.

5 /1 may as well be 5,000,000/1 in this cup for me.

Lump yer money on NUFC beating Spuds by all means.

If the pre-match thread wasn't locked I'd quote my own 2-0 away win prediction  :snod:

Wew it was a lot of fun watching that. Been a f***ing while!! Cheered Sissoko's goal like a...well...goal! Our lot doing the poznan behind the nouveau riche mancunian mackem c***s was a sight to behold.

Elliot was very good actually. Positionally sound, confident getting behind the ball, and clearing danger when needed.

Coloccini and Dummett looked like an age old CB pairing. Colo actually looked more comfortable playing on the right side! Dummett didn't put a foot wrong and should have scored or earned a pen. The full-backs also played their part.

Ryan Taylor, as has been said, take a bow son.

Colback was very good alongside my man of the match Mehdi Abeid who finally looked the player PAO fans raved about last season. Hard working and intelligent off the ball, elegant and efficient in possession he allowed us to funnel through that City midfield and find ourselves in the final third often enough not to be under siege with our backs to the wall for 90 minutes. Love this kid, and would love to see him start against Liverpool with Sissoko and Anita in a 3 man midfield.

Sissoko what a goal! His track busting run through midfield after the goal was as amazing as his subsequent pass was horrendous. A bit of consistency doing the good things would turn him into one of the best midfielders in the league.

Sammy, Aarons, Armstrong and Riviere all played their part. Especially Sammy who along with Obertan look like completely different players.

Pardew can f*** off. He went out fully intending to lose this, and it back-fired gloriously.

An immensely enjoyable evening of football.