The Wales Thread

black_n_white

I guess if it's results based then you can't really argue? Not as far as going 2nd like. :lol:

Guessing England are the only country who have done better in the qualifiers for example.

Slovakia had a 100% record until last night. Wales have drawn two.

Slovakia like England have been beating teams who are mostly below them in the seedings, Wales have been getting results against teams who are mostly above them in seedings.

I guess if it's results based then you can't really argue? Not as far as going 2nd like. :lol:

Guessing England are the only country who have done better in the qualifiers for example.

Slovakia had a 100% record until last night. Wales have drawn two.

Slovakia like England have been beating teams who are mostly below them in the seedings, Wales have been getting results against teams who are mostly above them in seedings.

Which is why it's daft, really. You only beat what's in front of you.

Aside from Belgium, Wales have only beaten Andorra, Israel and Cyprus twice.

Not much difference to Slovakia, who aren't owt special, beating Spain, Ukraine, Belarus and Macedonia twice tbh.

Was it just me, or did the players and pundits seem pretty miserable considering Wales are all but officially qualified and in their best position since the 50s?

I think that was probably down to the fact that most of us was expecting Wales to qualify yesterday, a natural low given what we were expecting. The way I look at it we need a point from 2 games one of which is Andorra and quite frankly if we can't secure a point we don't deserve to qualify.We were poor apart from the first 20/25 minutes then we run out of ideas. Having no decent centre forward doesn't help.

The rankings are a joke by the way I think we would have been 4th had we won last night which is ridiculous to be fair. We are a good team with one exceptional player and another very very good one in Ramsey. Nothing more nothing less.

Was it just me, or did the players and pundits seem pretty miserable considering Wales are all but officially qualified and in their best position since the 50s?

I think that was probably down to the fact that most of us was expecting Wales to qualify yesterday, a natural low given what we were expecting. The way I look at it we need a point from 2 games one of which is Andorra and quite frankly if we can't secure a point we don't deserve to qualify.We were poor apart from the first 20/25 minutes then we run out of ideas. Having no decent centre forward doesn't help.

The rankings are a joke by the way I think we would have been 4th had we won last night which is ridiculous to be fair. We are a good team with one exceptional player and another very very good one in Ramsey. Nothing more nothing less.

The rankings are mental aren't they? Plenty of teams have done as well as/better than Wales in qualifying, so why are Wales (and Romania) so ridiculously high?

Something to do with the difference of points gained when playing competitive games and friendlies and also who you've played. Basically Wales have played a lot of competitive matches and a win and a draw against highly ranked Beligum... I think that's how it works :lol:

The atmosphere is atrocious given that a win sends them through. Now singing All we are saying is give us a goal!!

Assume this is based on the TV mix. The atmosphere was brilliant (as it has been last few home games) and I didn't hear that chant once. Is that even a chant?

Was at the game and the atmosphere although at times was great was mostly subdued mainly because of israels tactics (which worked by the way). When the goal got disallowed (rightly so) it went mental so had we'd gone one up early it would have been like the Belgium game all over again.

I'm expecting a tough game in Bosnia next month but I'd have to agree with everyone and say we've already qualified due to the fact the last game is Andorra home.

Can't comment on the atmosphere for the last game but sounded decent enough in patches throughout the game. The Belgium match was special though, I think being an evening kick off, Friday and massive opponents it was always going to be pumped. There was an air of expectation on Sunday, I would say the majority of Wales were expecting to be celebrating qualification. As it turns out it was a pretty dire weekend if you take into the account the rugby injuries we suffered, the draw and then Belgium scoring a late winner.

As I said earlier the point we need should be a given seeing who our last opponent is!