Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea - 6/12/2014 - Post match 'wtf?!' from p. 27

Mike

I think they've got over it enough to be professional.  I doubt they're going out for drinks after.  The best one though is Shearer and Lennon.  That moment when he joked they'd be fine as long as Neil didn't headbutt his foot again was priceless.

Well I'm just totally wrong then.  I didn't know that and it's definitely a bit disappointing.  I mean well done to them for getting over it and being adults about it all, but it just seems something you wouldn't get over so easily, on either side.

I love the story that Shearer was going to storm into Gullit's office after being dropped only for there to be no door as Duncan Ferguson had already knocked it down

That's a massively exaggerated version of events, like. :lol:

Five of our players today (Alnwick, Taylor, Ameobi, Colback and Dummett) were born/raised in the city. Don't imagine too many teams this season will do that.

West Ham and QPR must regularly play roughly that many cockneys. Not quite the same when you consider the size of London though.

Guest firetotheworks

I honestly still don't give a fuck. It means nowt.

It used to mean that we had something to look forward to or that we were seen as a real force. Now it's treated like a massive shock and we'll happily go back to 'where we belong'

We beat Chelsea at home, that's good, but it's not that big a deal and I still and will always want Pardew out the door. Until then I doubt I'll be able to ever enjoy a victory to its potential fullest.

I honestly still don't give a fuck. It means nowt.

It used to mean that we had something to look forward to or that we were seen as a real force. Now it's treated like a massive shock and we'll happily go back to 'where we belong'

We beat Chelsea at home, that's good, but it's not that big a deal and I still and will always want Pardew out the door. Until then I doubt I'll be able to ever enjoy a victory to its potential fullest.

This is the more level-headed version of my feelings.

Btw, I know this is a touchy subject, but is it not time to stop the clapping on 17 minutes? It's at the point now where everybody is doing it pretty half heartedly and I think it'd be more respectful to have some closure rather than have people doing it out of habit.

Btw, I know this is a touchy subject, but is it not time to stop the clapping on 17 minutes? It's at the point now where everybody is doing it pretty half heartedly and I think it'd be more respectful to have some closure rather than have people doing it out of habit.

I think you're right. It'll taper down to something semi-disrespectful, basically.