Arsenal 4 - 1 Newcastle United - 13/12/14 Post-match reaction from page 23

BlueStar

Some of the comments on the official nufc facebook page are making me question the point of my emotional attachment to this football club.

Anyone that calls for Pardew out tonight is a retard. Good performance. Score line flattered arsenal but they certainly deserved to win. Onwards and upwards

Good performance tonight, heads up!

You can't win. It's impossible to have a remotely sensible discussion with a bloke who considers a 4-1 loss as 'a good performance'.

Fans are too loyal. They worship anything. They believe anything they're fed and they'll not hear a bad word said about their club. I'd even go as far as saying they're as big a problem as Pardew is.

They are, the absolutely are, midds. I had that type of loyalty until I was about 11-13 years old before I started thinking for myself and the bigger picture for the club. People have no regard for the history of this club and what it means to English football. It's being strangled.

Also, shock horror- there were doubts over Arsenal's capabilities tonight and they were there for the taking, so he bottles it because he knows he can't set up a team to go and win a game (proactively). I'm not talking about playing a defensive line up to the half way, I mean getting in behind Arsenal; not once did we make a run like that of Welbeck's for the penalty. It's all played in front, give it to Ameobi (woeful player) and hope he beats the full back on the outside (his only move) and gets a cross in. Play Perez on the shoulder of Mertesacker, arguably the slowest CB in the league? Oh no, play him on the wing instead. Whilst to sum it all up we drop arguably our most technically gifted player (again) in Cabella and bring him on 0-2 down- what the fucking Christ does Ameobi offer that he doesn't? Sammy is absolutely hapless, just like Colback, Gouffran, and that Conference League CB he insists on playing beside Colo.

We're going to have to break down the mackems next week but he can't, we'll play this same team we did today (+Sissoko if we're lucky) and the cunts will mug us again. Losing to them last year was the last game I've been to, and ever will under Pardew/Ashley, and if we lose again I will be absolutely done with the club in every sense.

20 years ago we had genuine ambitions of winning this league. Had Cantona screwed his shot wide then I firmly believe we would have done it too. We wanted to win the league and it wasn't a pipe-dream either, we had the players and the manager to do it. We came up short eventually but we gave it a fucking good go.

Fast forward 20 years and we have thousands of fans who are perfectly happy just to compete in the same league. They look at the worst case scenario and build from there. At least we're not Leeds/Portsmouth. At least we're not Sheff Wed. At least we're not Boro. At least we're in the PL etc. Be grateful, it could be worse, it has been worse, phew - we're still cannon-fodder for the really big teams.

The job Ashley, Pardew and his team have done to dampen down expectation and hope has been superb. They've taken a big club and managed, over the course of 5 or 6 years, to kill ambition, enthusiasm, pleasure and hope. They've stamped all of that out and the grown men who've seen us legitimately challenge for the title are now clutching at the morsels thrown from the top table, it's pathetic. These fucking pricks are so meek that they accept their new role in the league without question. We're also-rans, insignificant, and it fucking stinks.

We very nearly won this fucking league and the cunts who watched it happen don't even remember. It's criminal. 

Sometimes I think our fans would rather join in with the Kop in singing you'll never walk alone than actually expect something from their own team. 

I'm seeing a lot of places saying that colbacks freekick was brilliant for our goal but I thought the header was a lot better. Just me?

Similar to his WBA goal, the delivery is nothing, the execution is everything.

Football is so f***ing s*** now it's the have and have nots. And we are just 1 in a long list of clubs who are cannon fodder and training practice to the champions league clubs

Never ever will a team outside of the top 6 challenge for anything league wise

It's just the same s*** year in year out....I'm f***ing done with it all

Can't say I agree. Plenty of scope for well run clubs to break into that top four imho.

Are you including NUFC in the 'well-run' category...seriously..?

Midds' post sums up why I have put the fortunes of NUFC firmly in the 'back-burner' bracket now and for the foreseeable future.

The dumbing down of supporters, many of whom witnessed our successful period under KK(under SBR we were never realistically in with a chance of the title)has been the one outstanding success of the Ashley/Pardew regime and that is not going away any time soon.

However, I believe that the NE generally suffers from this syndrome these days and that is why it was easy for these shysters to get the fans thinking that the club are second-rate...which is how they run it. Since the last major shipbuilder Swan Hunter closed in 1993, there has been a remorseless lowering of the areas economic prospects, and it is no longer a major industrial complex as it once was. The types of world-class companies like Swans, Vickers etc etc have been gradually moving away or closing down, leaving the area dependent on Public Sector government jobs or call centres/Retail etc. None of this requires people who have demanding standards related to their demanding jobs and although this is true of the UK generally to a certain degree, areas like London/SE and Manchester still have either large financial service industries or smaller high-quality pockets of tech industries. Money is more prevalent in these areas so the football clubs can charge higher ST prices as well as attracting top sponsors.

This doesn't mean that NUFC IS a second-rate club but when fans see decent jobs becoming fewer and far between, they lower their general expectations all round which has played nicely into Ashley's hands.....he made his money on piling high and selling cheap and that runs through his whole thinking about the club.

NUFC could and should still be a realistic challenger for Top 6 every year because there are still enough fans who would pay more if they had confidence in the future, but as we have seen on this site, many more thoughtful fans have deserted the club because they see no real future under this regime.

Results like that yesterday will always be the norm under Ashley and Pardew....Arsenal must LOVE playing NUFC when they have been through a sticky patch as they know Wenger has Pardew's number every time.

'Onwards and Upwards' indeed.....I don't think I shall ever see the club win a trophy or compete in the CL again but at least I was there when we won the FC in 69.

Some of the comments on the official nufc facebook page are making me question the point of my emotional attachment to this football club.

Anyone that calls for Pardew out tonight is a retard. Good performance. Score line flattered arsenal but they certainly deserved to win. Onwards and upwards

You can't win. It's impossible to have a remotely sensible discussion with a bloke who considers a 4-1 loss as 'a good performance'.

Fans are too loyal. They worship anything. They believe anything they're fed and they'll not hear a bad word said about their club. I'd even go as far as saying they're as big a problem as Pardew is.

Been saying it for months, fucking bunch of bellends.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

Arsenal were just too good for us and from the first minute their pace tore us apart. With Sissoko missing and a young inexperienced keeper who stays glued to his line, I don't see how we could expect better.

It was clear e badly missed Sissoko in midfield but as good as they were we basically allowed Arsenal to play how they wanted. For me it was clear from the off we were going to lose the game.  We could do with getting Aaron's involved again to offer a bit more zip on the wings, I think Cisse would benefit more from that.

It was just the same old shit at Arsenal which was depressing really but to be honest despite recent good results we'll always have a result like this in our locker with Pardews limitations and players like Williamson hovering around the side.

Pardew's yet to realise that even when you drop off the opposition, you've still got to apply pressure on the ball. There was little or no pressure on an Arsenal player when they were in our half- just allowed to play, we were simply shadowing them.

Attacking midfielder / striker on the wing and winger as striker / attacking midfielder is genius.  Pure genius.

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110108084949/blackadder/images/8/8c/Baldrick_thumbnail.jpg

Yes yesterday was classic Pardew really. Yes we were outplayed but he got it totally wrong

They are, the absolutely are, midds. I had that type of loyalty until I was about 11-13 years old before I started thinking for myself and the bigger picture for the club. People have no regard for the history of this club and what it means to English football. It's being strangled.

Also, shock horror- there were doubts over Arsenal's capabilities tonight and they were there for the taking, so he bottles it because he knows he can't set up a team to go and win a game (proactively). I'm not talking about playing a defensive line up to the half way, I mean getting in behind Arsenal; not once did we make a run like that of Welbeck's for the penalty. It's all played in front, give it to Ameobi (woeful player) and hope he beats the full back on the outside (his only move) and gets a cross in. Play Perez on the shoulder of Mertesacker, arguably the slowest CB in the league? Oh no, play him on the wing instead. Whilst to sum it all up we drop arguably our most technically gifted player (again) in Cabella and bring him on 0-2 down- what the fucking Christ does Ameobi offer that he doesn't? Sammy is absolutely hapless, just like Colback, Gouffran, and that Conference League CB he insists on playing beside Colo.

We're going to have to break down the mackems next week but he can't, we'll play this same team we did today (+Sissoko if we're lucky) and the cunts will mug us again. Losing to them last year was the last game I've been to, and ever will under Pardew/Ashley, and if we lose again I will be absolutely done with the club in every sense.

20 years ago we had genuine ambitions of winning this league. Had Cantona screwed his shot wide then I firmly believe we would have done it too. We wanted to win the league and it wasn't a pipe-dream either, we had the players and the manager to do it. We came up short eventually but we gave it a fucking good go.

Fast forward 20 years and we have thousands of fans who are perfectly happy just to compete in the same league. They look at the worst case scenario and build from there. At least we're not Leeds/Portsmouth. At least we're not Sheff Wed. At least we're not Boro. At least we're in the PL etc. Be grateful, it could be worse, it has been worse, phew - we're still cannon-fodder for the really big teams.

The job Ashley, Pardew and his team have done to dampen down expectation and hope has been superb. They've taken a big club and managed, over the course of 5 or 6 years, to kill ambition, enthusiasm, pleasure and hope. They've stamped all of that out and the grown men who've seen us legitimately challenge for the title are now clutching at the morsels thrown from the top table, it's pathetic. These fucking pricks are so meek that they accept their new role in the league without question. We're also-rans, insignificant, and it fucking stinks.

We very nearly won this fucking league and the cunts who watched it happen don't even remember. It's criminal. 

Very very true I find it hard to take that people around my age bracket and older (40) people who remember them glorious years of 93-97 and the years under Bobby just take the shit that is thrown our way these days. My club is a shadow of what it was its dead inside. Ashley Pardew and all these fucking cronies have created this level of I don't give a fuck in myself , I cannot get excited for a win or depressed for a defeat it's just pure apathy and for that I hate them

I'll never set foot inside SJP until these cunts are gone and that saddens me

We once bought the best...competed with the best, sent them home from Newcastle with a spanked arse. Now we just roll over and die. Having such average players being lorded over likes of Gouffran,Williamson,Colback,Ameobi,Dummett these players are no better than the shite we had as deepest squad fillers in previous years..des hamilton,Alex Mathie,Paul Robinson et all

I'd take another relegation if it meant clearing the decks of these parasites and emotion suckers from the club. Just as long as I can have my club back my emotion for it and my excitement

Arsenal were just too good for us and from the first minute their pace tore us apart. With Sissoko missing and a young inexperienced keeper who stays glued to his line, I don't see how we could expect better.

We should have been at them from the first second like Stoke were, instead we sat off, let them take the iniative and were beaten inside 30 minutes without ever really looking like getting back into the game.

I still firmly believe that one of Ashley's objectives when buying the club was to take the piss out of the fans, the club and the area and to deliberately destroy our spirit while making money out of it for his tat-shop.

So far he has succeeded on all fronts.

Why just make money when you can have a little fun along the way with the stupid jawdees, Derek?

We looked a bit tentative, as though a bit overawed. We seemed to lose a lot of midfield skirmishes and 50-50 balls.

Object lesson in the problems that Tiote creates. He sees a lot of the ball but his distribution is slow, unambitious and inaccurate.

I think we've looked at our best with Perez playing up front, and I was disappointed when Cisse got that role.

Also, shock horror- there were doubts over Arsenal's capabilities tonight and they were there for the taking, so he bottles it because he knows he can't set up a team to go and win a game (proactively). I'm not talking about playing a defensive line up to the half way, I mean getting in behind Arsenal; not once did we make a run like that of Welbeck's for the penalty. It's all played in front, give it to Ameobi (woeful player) and hope he beats the full back on the outside (his only move) and gets a cross in. Play Perez on the shoulder of Mertesacker, arguably the slowest CB in the league? Oh no, play him on the wing instead. Whilst to sum it all up we drop arguably our most technically gifted player (again) in Cabella and bring him on 0-2 down- what the f***ing Christ does Ameobi offer that he doesn't? Sammy is absolutely hapless, just like Colback, Gouffran, and that Conference League CB he insists on playing beside Colo.

We're going to have to break down the mackems next week but he can't, we'll play this same team we did today (+Sissoko if we're lucky) and the c***s will mug us again. Losing to them last year was the last game I've been to, and ever will under Pardew/Ashley, and if we lose again I will be absolutely done with the club in every sense.

20 years ago we had genuine ambitions of winning this league. Had Cantona screwed his shot wide then I firmly believe we would have done it too. We wanted to win the league and it wasn't a pipe-dream either, we had the players and the manager to do it. We came up short eventually but we gave it a f***ing good go.

The job Ashley, Pardew and his team have done to dampen down expectation and hope has been superb. They've taken a big club and managed, over the course of 5 or 6 years, to kill ambition, enthusiasm, pleasure and hope. They've stamped all of that out and the grown men who've seen us legitimately challenge for the title are now clutching at the morsels thrown from the top table, it's pathetic. These f***ing pricks are so meek that they accept their new role in the league without question. We're also-rans, insignificant, and it f***ing stinks.

We very nearly won this f***ing league and the c***s who watched it happen don't even remember. It's criminal. 

Very very true I find it hard to take that people around my age bracket and older (40) people who remember them glorious years of 93-97 and the years under Bobby just take the s*** that is thrown our way these days. My club is a shadow of what it was its dead inside. Ashley Pardew and all these f***ing cronies have created this level of I don't give a f*** in myself , I cannot get excited for a win or depressed for a defeat it's just pure apathy and for that I hate them

I'll never set foot inside SJP until these c***s are gone and that saddens me

We once bought the best...competed with the best, sent them home from Newcastle with a spanked arse. Now we just roll over and die. Having such average players being lorded over likes of Gouffran,Williamson,Colback,Ameobi,Dummett these players are no better than the s**** we had as deepest squad fillers in previous years..des hamilton,Alex Mathie,Paul Robinson et all

I'd take another relegation if it meant clearing the decks of these parasites and emotion suckers from the club. Just as long as I can have my club back my emotion for it and my excitement

Sums everything up perfectly. If we were pure cack but had people in all parts of the club that cared and represented the club and it's values with pride, I would be happy. I crave to feel something for the club and our results again.

Also, shock horror- there were doubts over Arsenal's capabilities tonight and they were there for the taking, so he bottles it because he knows he can't set up a team to go and win a game (proactively). I'm not talking about playing a defensive line up to the half way, I mean getting in behind Arsenal; not once did we make a run like that of Welbeck's for the penalty. It's all played in front, give it to Ameobi (woeful player) and hope he beats the full back on the outside (his only move) and gets a cross in. Play Perez on the shoulder of Mertesacker, arguably the slowest CB in the league? Oh no, play him on the wing instead. Whilst to sum it all up we drop arguably our most technically gifted player (again) in Cabella and bring him on 0-2 down- what the f***ing Christ does Ameobi offer that he doesn't? Sammy is absolutely hapless, just like Colback, Gouffran, and that Conference League CB he insists on playing beside Colo.

We're going to have to break down the mackems next week but he can't, we'll play this same team we did today (+Sissoko if we're lucky) and the c***s will mug us again. Losing to them last year was the last game I've been to, and ever will under Pardew/Ashley, and if we lose again I will be absolutely done with the club in every sense.

20 years ago we had genuine ambitions of winning this league. Had Cantona screwed his shot wide then I firmly believe we would have done it too. We wanted to win the league and it wasn't a pipe-dream either, we had the players and the manager to do it. We came up short eventually but we gave it a f***ing good go.

The job Ashley, Pardew and his team have done to dampen down expectation and hope has been superb. They've taken a big club and managed, over the course of 5 or 6 years, to kill ambition, enthusiasm, pleasure and hope. They've stamped all of that out and the grown men who've seen us legitimately challenge for the title are now clutching at the morsels thrown from the top table, it's pathetic. These f***ing pricks are so meek that they accept their new role in the league without question. We're also-rans, insignificant, and it f***ing stinks.

We very nearly won this f***ing league and the c***s who watched it happen don't even remember. It's criminal. 

Nailed it.