Newcastle 3-3 Burnley - 1/1/15 Post-match reaction from p.42

Mike

It was almost like Pardew phoned in the half time team talk there. We looked good in the first half, then reverted to horrendous type in the second.

Haidara for Gouffran is one of the most retarded moves I've ever seen when Cabella was sat there ffs.

Its obvious that Pardew and Carver dont fancy Cabella at all.

Lazy forrin, ain't he? Need more hard Jawdees.

The way we approached the second half is inexcusable, and it's a continuation of the cunt that just left and his outlook. I'm sick to death of watching us surrender initiative to relegation fodder at SJP because we're 1 goal ahead, we deserved what happened to us.

Perez was great, Sissoko did what he does well, Colback looked solid. Tiote was ghastly, absolutely ghastly.

What the FUCK is the deal with Adam Armstrong!? Riviere wasn't making any headlines but he was causing them problems by getting into good positions and forcing them back. Armstrong is nowhere near ready to be playing up front for us.

There was absolutely no need to take Riviere off. He was causing more than irritation across their back line and actually looked like he was enjoying himself.

The boos were hilarious, there wasn't that much reaction when we lost to Sunderland the other week! :lol:

The spell is broken. Now there's actually a chance of hiring someone else, people have woken up a bit.

I think that puts to rest the idea of a full time appointment in the summer. Burnley fluking a point would have been one thing, but they were on top the entire second half and with no fresh legs to bring on. If that can happen, there's no limit on how far you can drop.

I'm certainly not blaming Armstrong. It wasn't his fault he was subbed on but he's not up to Premier league standard yet. He won nothing in the air (which is no surprise considering his height). He barely touched the ball (although his miss-hit lead to Sissoko's goal). Send him out on loan.

The boos were hilarious, there wasn't that much reaction when we lost to Sunderland the other week! :lol:

I'm choosing to believe that Pardew held our average match going supporter in some kind of hypnotic trance and moving on, that's the only way I can deal with it. As long as they start reacting to what they're actually seeing instead of what they're told they're seeing that's fine by me. That second half deserved contempt.

Was like Pardew hadn't even left. Great attacking start to the game but terrible decision making lead to the shit result.

The substitutions were terrible. When Taylor got injured, they should have moved Dummett into CB and put on Haidara LB. Gouffran should have come off for Cabella when Burnley got back into the game whilst we were leading 2-1. We had 5 defenders and a holding CM on against Burnley at home. Awful!

Adam Armstrong should be nowhere near the first team.

What's this result got to do with Armstrong man?

It's not his fault they're launching the ball at him. It's madness that we're running Carroll plays for Armstrong.

Exactly.

We took our foot of the gas and it showed, wouldn't have mattered who was playing up front as we were back to isolation tactic.

Alnwick - 3 cost us the win

Janmaat - 6 very good first half, maybe tired himself out

Saylor - 7 Good goal

Colo - 5 Not the calm defender he used to be

Dummet - 3 invisibile apart from his own goal

Colback - 4 If it was just on first half would have been high. Hid for second half, barely saw him. Coward.

Tiote - 2 Even worse than Colback as I don't believe a defensive player is worth anything if he's not consistent

Sissoko - 7 Got a goal looked threatening

Riviere - 5 Looked better than has, still don;t think he's a finisher

Perez - 9 Joy to watch

Gouffran - 6 Best performance at least first half for a while

Armstrong - 5 got an assist but was hoofed to, unable to do anything really

Haidara - 1 What was the point of this sub? Had no impact

Williamson - 3 Brought panic into the defense.

Carver - 0 Fucking clueless.

Guest alijmitchell

Wank, basically. Gave them possession second half, sat off and allowed them to dictate rather than attempting to kill it. Can't criticise armstrong at all, he was brought on to try and counterpunch, get on the end of balls over the top, but we never seemed to be able to provide that, and instead just hung them up. Terrible tactic anyway. Tiote worse than fucking useless, just a bellend with the ball.

A result that hopefully will put this Carver nonsense to bed. Poor substitutions, tried to play it safe ffs and it cost us and him. Had he just went with a clean slate...anyway. Time to celebrate what should be an official announcement for pardew soon and hopefully we bring in a European based or fresh name (Howe) manager to lead us the fuck forward. I want a new name so bad bc surely that will mean frozen out players or loaned out players will get a real look and go.