Rémi Garde and the case of the missing art galleries

Nobody

While there's obviously a lot of s*** there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important.

For me, style of play is important. How they conduct themselves is also important as the head coach will play a key part in how the club is perceived through his conduct on and off the field."

He's basically describing the anti-Pardew there. Actions speak louder than words mind.

They're basically looking for someone daft enough to operate within the narrow constraints they'll give them. Style of play, etc is a distant secondary consideration.

What constraints? If you mean little control over transfers and your best players being sold to bigger clubs, this is ~99% of manager positions, especially if they are looking to France as rumoured (though rumours are often incorrect).

While there's obviously a lot of s*** there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

"First and foremost, they have to be a good coach and with a track record of developing players and giving young players a chance is important.

For me, style of play is important. How they conduct themselves is also important as the head coach will play a key part in how the club is perceived through his conduct on and off the field."

He's basically describing the anti-Pardew there. Actions speak louder than words mind.

They're basically looking for someone daft enough to operate within the narrow constraints they'll give them. Style of play, etc is a distant secondary consideration.

What constraints? If you mean little control over transfers and your best players being sold to bigger clubs, this is ~99% of manager positions, especially if they are looking to France as rumoured (though rumours are often incorrect).

Nah, like ALL HIS BEST PLAYERS GETTING SOLD ALL THE TIME marra

Not sure if you are serious here MrM but I'm not entirely convinced about this statement tbh. So who have we sold, the list really isn't that long and it's not ALL our best players:

(not going to take every example here like for example Best, Duff, Nolan, Barton, Routledge, Forster, Simpson etc. because these deals made sense)

Bassong - Had a great one season we got 8m for him, we had just been relegated, in the end proved great business because he was s**** after he left us.

Carroll - We got 35 million for the player, still to this day think that was a great deal for a oft injured player who had proved himself for half a season in the PL.

Cabaye - 20 million for our best player, who clearly wanted to leave after going in the huff in the summer because we knocked back Arsenal. The only thing wrong with this deal was we never replaced him.

Debuchy  - 10 million for a player that been out most of the season and getting close to 30 looks pretty darn good now especially when we replaced him with a quality player who is much younger and for half the price, great business.

That's all I can think of, 4 players, in all the time he's been here. I'm not trying to stick up for Ashley here but this line that gets thrown around isn't really backed up, and all really goes back to Carroll because he was a young Geordie lad and Cabaye because we never replaced our best player.

I agree with Baba, there's no constraints really here that other managers in other parts of the world don't live with on a daily basis. 

Not sure if you are serious here MrM but I'm not entirely convinced about this statement tbh. So who have we sold, the list really isn't that long and it's not ALL our best players:

(not going to take every example here like for example Best, Duff, Nolan, Barton, Routledge, Forster, Simpson etc. because these deals made sense)

Bassong - Had a great one season we got 8m for him, we had just been relegated, in the end proved great business because he was s**** after he left us.

Carroll - We got 35 million for the player, still to this day think that was a great deal for a oft injured player who had proved himself for half a season in the PL.

Cabaye - 20 million for our best player, who clearly wanted to leave after going in the huff in the summer because we knocked back Arsenal. The only thing wrong with this deal was we never replaced him.

Debuchy  - 10 million for a player that been out most of the season and getting close to 30 looks pretty darn good now especially when we replaced him with a quality player who is much younger and for half the price, great business.

That's all I can think of, 4 players, in all the time he's been here. I'm not trying to stick up for Ashley here but this line that gets thrown around isn't really backed up, and all really goes back to Carroll because he was a young Geordie lad and Cabaye because we never replaced our best player.

I agree with Baba, there's no constraints really here that other managers in other parts of the world don't live with on a daily basis. 

no, i wasn't being serious marra

To me it reads like we want Remi, but now. He wants his coaching staff, we won't pay for them/the won't come so he is happy to wait until the summer instead.

Think we are trying to call his bluff and are putting pressure on him to come now by saying we have other options and can wait for even more options come summer.

While they aren't ruling it in the chronicle article out it doesn't look like they fancy Carver for the rest of the season either. Could have easily mention of carver being backed or capable to lead the team until the end of the season if no permanent solution is found this week.

Circumstances a bit different but don't forget Pardew mentioning Demba Ba's release clause at every possible moment

Fucking hell :lol:

Fucking hell :lol:

:lol:

Such blatant lies, the January window is one they don't envisage being busy in, so why a couple of summers back did we only sign Anita and no one else.

The baldheaded f*** can f*** right off, lying c***

Wasn't their argument then though that nobody left so everything was fine & dandy?

Such blatant lies, the January window is one they don't envisage being busy in, so why a couple of summers back did we only sign Anita and no one else.

The baldheaded f*** can f*** right off, lying c***

Wasn't their argument then though that nobody left so everything was fine & dandy?

Even so, with extra games from the Europa it's inevitable that your gunna need a bigger squad. If the higher ups can't see something as simple as that then we are well and truly tatered!

While there's obviously a lot of shit there in that Charnley thing he's at least been pretty clear here:

And that's why it makes no sense whatsoever that they had such a lob on for Pardew. Walking contradiction.

That part is just marketing for season ticket sales. Pardew was perfect for them.q

If Garde is their man, then there will be no reason for the club not to make an announcement to say that he will be taking over in the Summer.

If we wait for the better options in the Summer, then they better be good.  Imagine waiting 6 months and we end up appointing McLaren.

Guest neesy111

The only positive to take is that it appears it wont be Carver. I wonder if Carver will take a huff if he's told there's someone coming in at the end of the year.

I can't see it myself, he probably won't get a job anywhere else apart from the Northern division.

Guest firetotheworks

Not a lot more to add other than that they're all cunts, as well as shameless, relentless, proven liars and absolutely not worth listening to, ever.

The only positive to take is that it appears it wont be Carver. I wonder if Carver will take a huff if he's told there's someone coming in at the end of the year.

I can't see it myself, he probably won't get a job anywhere else apart from the Northern division.

Probably not but he did say after the Southampton game that he would have to think about it if only offered the job until the Summer.  Obviously trying to pressure the board but they don't normally react well to being challenged in public.

I can imagine him joining Pardew at Palace in the Summer along with Woodman.

Not bothered reading the article.  I have read the jist/summary of it and it just reads like the usual old bollocks.  They didn't need to wait 3 weeks to tell us a load of lies and stuff we already knew. 

Fuck this club.  We're a joke.

He'll go in a huff then quickly change his tune to that of "happy to lend the new manager my support".

Not bothered reading the article.  I have read the jist/summary of it and it just reads like the usual old bollocks.  They didn't need to wait 3 weeks to tell us a load of lies and stuff we already knew. 

f*** this club.  We're a joke.

I found it odd that they've made a conscious effort to do a big newspaper interview for the first time in ages. Suggests it's all been planned.