NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

3 hours ago, Keegans Export said:

Away kit needs off-white/cream shorts like.

It's really disappointing to be honest.

That third kit needs more green, perhaps the whole side panel. Either way that's still my favourite of the three. I do like the idea behind the away kit but it's been done before too recently to get me all that excited.

That white one is so bland and boring the only good thing about it is the difference badge. 

the away one looks good but they won’t beat the original so just seems like a poor copy 

I love the idea of the blue and maroon but I wish it was done in a more bespoke design.

For being the newest elite club at adidas, all three are pretty bland and unimaginative. 

Edited by cubaricho

Every year the same charade, kits get leaked, fans not happy, within a few weeks every fucker has one. :lol:

In the last 10 years, I don't think I've seen one positive review of an NUFC kit.

You lot are hard to please. 

15 minutes ago, STM said:

Every year the same charade, kits get leaked, fans not happy, within a few weeks every fucker has one. :lol:

In the last 10 years, I don't think I've seen one positive review of an NUFC kit.

IIRC everyone loved the 125 year kit Puma did (sponsor spoiling it aside)

Our best kit in years,that.

Edited by Kid Icarus

6 minutes ago, STM said:

There was wall-to-wall praise for this season's mind. 

You're right, we're always far too hasty either way, but I think there's a bit of disappointment at the realisation that - these days, with brands like Adidas and Nike, you don't get a Newcastle kit. You get the Adidas kit, in Newcastle colours. The templates are so pervasive now and next season's is pretty meh.

It's a pity if the 'fangs' can't be used as an opportunity for something unique for every team. Some of the international kits are using them for a bit of flair, and unique collar details too. For instance you could have a flicker of orange/white/blue on the fangs on the leaked away kit as a nod to the Brown Ale logo. As it stands it's just looking like a really bland, unadventurous and inferior copy.

Should wait for the real thing like you say but I simply can't resist. 

It's a risk/reward thing. With the amount of money invested, Adidas and Co just don't take risks with their designs. It's a shame, but you can understand why.

On the other hand, with there being 3 kits, do the first two safe and the 3rd one make it a bit wild.

I would love a silhouette of the tyne bridge or whatever. That would look lush.

5 hours ago, Mazzy said:

That third kit needs more green, perhaps the whole side panel. Either way that's still my favourite of the three. I do like the idea behind the away kit but it's been done before too recently to get me all that excited.

thats the thing. we've just recently had a decent version of it.

pick one of the other classic away adidas shirts.

34 minutes ago, Geordie Boyo said:

I'm definitely getting no name on the back this time around……

my mate's kid genuinely got a footie kit as a present from his grandad with "NO NAME" on the back.

Just now, Miggys First Goal said:

Chronicle are saying the Adidas deal is £40m a season. Thought it was £30m. 

It's not like the Chronicle to be wrong to be fair

1 minute ago, Miggys First Goal said:

Chronicle are saying the Adidas deal is £40m a season. Thought it was £30m. 

I thought they mentioned 40 in the documentary?

12 minutes ago, huss9 said:

my mate's kid genuinely got a footie kit as a present from his grandad with "NO NAME" on the back.

I’m not sure what’s worse. That or Tonali…! 

Mind, I’ve made mistakes with Moonpig for wor’ lass forgetting to edit the template name, but thats a pisstake like. 

1 hour ago, STM said:

Think most people liked this seasons tbf. I just give my opinion on them. I’ve only bought one shirt since the 2012 home top and that was this years and I got it off soccer 03. Think I’ve wore it twice :lol:

Edited by gdm

Not that this is much use to people giving most sizes are sold out, by my pro fit home shirt came without any sponsors at all. Material is also really nice, though price has now gone back up to £35 vs the £21 I paid. In classic castore style the sizing this year seems slightly bigger too, the fun88 home shirt I have in a large is much tighter vs the large this season. Anyway roll on adidas. 

10 minutes ago, Adam said:

Not that this is much use to people giving most sizes are sold out, by my pro fit home shirt came without any sponsors at all. Material is also really nice, though price has now gone back up to £35 vs the £21 I paid. In classic castore style the sizing this year seems slightly bigger too, the fun88 home shirt I have in a large is much tighter vs the large this season. Anyway roll on adidas. 

I’ve found castore sizing not to be consistent on the same items. I got a load of training tops in last years sale. 2 identical tops in M, one is slightly tight and one is slightly baggy. 

?