NUFC kits & merchandise: 2024/25 home kit on sale

Ryan

The only thing I could think would be if they were cannibalising their own sales. Like if they were making shirts for Castore and also selling fakes, Castore might object. 

But maybe a lot of the manufacturing has been moved to other countries now anyway. 

In the UK I can see packages being stopped but I’m not sure of what offence a buyer is committing.  

8 minutes ago, Alberto2005 said:

Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to get the website taken down if they wanted? DHgate is UK isn't it?

dhgate is an enormous Chinese marketplace. They’re never taking it down. 

Funnily enough, DHGate is a pretty serious business and world player. They do have offices in the uk. Seem to remember it was set up by people who were previously fairly senior at Microsoft. 

probably the equivalent of noon but Chinese, I think there knock off gear is just a small

part of what it’s used for.

I guess the model is individual traders selling on the platform, like Etsy. So if one seller gets shut down another just pops up. 

FWIW Etsy is also making a fortune off traders selling products branded with things they don’t have the trademark for. Star Wars for example. Not counterfeit goods but on the spectrum. 

28 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Thought it was China as well. Assume the government of China don’t care. 

The warehouses in China do get raided by the police and closed down. They don't care as much as most other countries would obviously, I'd imagine a lot of it is for show and to appease relationships and brands more than anything.

My latest DHGate snides have been dispatched by uncle Jing. Will post up some pics when they arrive, but hoping he's got it reet and sent the 'fans' versions as ordered.

Edited by TK-421

On 31/07/2023 at 22:09, Jaqen said:

The warehouses in China do get raided by the police and closed down. They don't care as much as most other countries would obviously, I'd imagine a lot of it is for show and to appease relationships and brands more than anything.

The Chinese government doesn’t give a fuck. I was watching a documentary a few years ago and basically they have car manufacturers who totally copied other cars. It’s like some of the cars out of GTA. Some of them is down by using the actual parts they manufacture for the car companies.

BMW tried to take 1 of them to court, and the court ruled that BMW had in fact copied the Chinese company, and preferred them to compensate the Chinese company, despite the fact that BMW had released their car 1st and the majority of parts were interchangeable.

They even have a logo that looks like a British electrical certificate logo to make it look like they selling things that are up too British safety standards.

They have no care for intellectual property at all.

22 hours ago, pedro111 said:

Tomato2022 has finally despatched mine. A full month after ordering. He makes Castore look competent.

Bit harsh - I expect the delays are down to the intricate artisanal craftsmanship used to create the item, not a shortfall in Uighur slaves they can beat down on to produce your nylon wares.

3 hours ago, Stifler said:

The Chinese government doesn’t give a fuck. I was watching a documentary a few years ago and basically they have car manufacturers who totally copied other cars. It’s like some of the cars out of GTA. Some of them is down by using the actual parts they manufacture for the car companies.

BMW tried to take 1 of them to court, and the court ruled that BMW had in fact copied the Chinese company, and preferred them to compensate the Chinese company, despite the fact that BMW had released their car 1st and the majority of parts were interchangeable.

They even have a logo that looks like a British electrical certificate logo to make it look like they selling things that are up too British safety standards.

They have no care for intellectual property at all.

There are next to no intellectual property laws in China at all, hence all of what you say above is true.

China follows the principle of territoriality in IP protection. IP rights acquired under a country's laws can only be valid and protected within that country's territory unless an international convention or bilateral or multilateral agreement is in place.

2 hours ago, astraguy said:

that looks decent ordered the 34d kit,but the second picture looks wat different on the websire image.thumb.png.bcdbc0b548c32d4599185a5b09ee9196.png

Aye looks a bit bright but the other pics they have of it look right