NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

IIRC the UK has been Pagan, Roman Catholic, and Protestant, and as we all know, wars have been started over varying interpretations of exactly the same moral guide (the bible) and England (the crusades) and others commited genocide on a religious precedent, so I'm not sure your argument about a moral framework in a positive sense holds up tbh.

I don't see anyone getting riled up tbh, mainly just people pre-empting others getting riled up with ready made arguments or pre-emptively reveling in it. There are far bigger problems with the club's ownership than a kit, I think it's shite (along with the entire connection with them) because it's another instance where some of our fans will lap it up and because the people who don't like it will fixate on the aesthetic rather than the far more important stuff.

I agree about your point about other fans feigning how much they care about it, but that doesn't mean absolutely everyone else is.

Cheers for that. Literally just deleted a long reply on the same vein.

Humanity forms the foundation on any society's morality not religion. 

Religions, historically, take over that and control the rules on their basis. 

Plus the UK isn't a Christian country so much. People think they are, say they are, get all fucking humped up over Muslims etc etc but when was the last time the prayed their God. 

Even the ones that are are massive hypocrites

Fuck me Rees-Mogg is an actual fully fledged Bible basher and a complete evil cunt to boot. Don't get me started on Welby. 😈

7 hours ago, veriaqa said:

Seriously, the same people who object to the Saudi Newcastle's kit are the same people who hope Newcastle sponsored by Saudi's company. Like, wtf? So you are okay with Saudi (the evil people and bad morality) association as long as it brings money to NUFC? Pathetic thing to do I say.

I'd love to see you quote some examples of this. You wouldn't be making things up to make your point would you?

Bring on the millions, bring on the world class players, bring on the trophies, bring on the expansion of stadium, bring on training ground, bring on investment in the region......

I really dont care a jot about what is happening in Saudi, its not for me to sort.    Im I shallow?    Everyone wants to be offended now, everyone tries to make you feel guilty.  I dont care.......bring the above all on and I will love every minute!

Edited by Awaymag

15 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

IIRC the UK has been Pagan, Roman Catholic, and Protestant, and as we all know, wars have been started over varying interpretations of exactly the same moral guide (the bible) and England (the crusades) and others commited genocide on a religious precedent, so I'm not sure your argument about a moral framework in a positive sense holds up tbh.

I don't see anyone getting riled up tbh, mainly just people pre-empting others getting riled up with ready made arguments or pre-emptively reveling in it. There are far bigger problems with the club's ownership than a kit, I think it's shite (along with the entire connection with them) because it's another instance where some of our fans will lap it up (yes, that dreaded sportswashing), or reduce it to being meaningless, and because the people who don't like it will fixate on the aesthetic rather than the far more important stuff, but it's a waste of energy getting annoyed about that specifically.

I agree about your point about other fans feigning how much they care about it, but that doesn't mean absolutely everyone else is.

I think the argument of many would be that secular humanists and atheists share the same belief system as christians and jews because western society is constructed upon judeo-christian values. Those values helped shape and construct public morality since long ago, and continue to influence it today.

That said having read the gospels again multiple times as an adult, it seems to me more concerned with transcendence and surrender than it is with morality. Particularly this kind of empty morality adorned like a robe everywhere you look these days; which is a morality based on the intention to be perceived in the eyes of the society to be doing the right thing, rather than actually doing it.

The gospels were in many ways the absolute antithesis to that kind of morality.

Anyway, nice kits.

10 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Maybe it’s Castore with the dollars in their eyes re shirt sales in Saudi Arabia then. 

That’s a good point, like.  Still, if the club sign it off, it would be an unusually cack-handed bit of PR - which they’ve been pretty good at so far.

18 minutes ago, NUFC_Chris said:

Maybe it’s Castore with the dollars in their eyes re shirt sales in Saudi Arabia then. 

Got to admire the hustle to be honest :lol: 

The colour of the kit seems like an odd place to draw a line imo.

Not that I'm suggesting anyone on here is doing that but we all know we are essentially owned by Saudi Arabia, we all know where the money is coming from and we all know that we are going to be marketed in Saudi as "their" Premier League club. I don't think you can be ok with all of that and then not be ok with having a kit clearly designed to appeal to Saudis.

Dealers in hate and division write an article stirring up hate and division shocker.

Don't they know there's a war on?

Edited by Sima

I just find the kit stuff funny. It’s not revealing anything we didn’t already know.

I assume those that are really pissed off are annoyed because it’s an ever present reminder of the reality of the situation when all they want is to pretend we’re not bankrolled by a Bond villain.

11 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Just think of the money we can use on signings.

Even we sell a million shirts in Saudi at £60 a pop (very ambitious given a population of 34m), if the Castore deal is similar to most deals football clubs sign with kit makers, we’d take in c.£5m (before tax)

Which would almost cover Chris Wood’s salary for next season, in fairness

edit: for context, Man City sold 1m shirts worldwide last year

Edited by TheBrownBottle

Sigh worried with this if we will just became one big gaudy advertising board for Saudi Arabia after all. (the kit is actually really nice mind) but it's just an easy red flag for everyone. 

Just now, Tiresias said:

Sigh worried with this if we will just became one big gaudy advertising board for Saudi Arabia after all. (the kit is actually really nice mind) but it's just an easy red flag for everyone. 

Ignore them, enjoy the new strip :indi: