NUFC kits & merchandise

Ryan

5 minutes ago, Smal said:

Oh so it's ok then. 

The takeover I was happy with and the shirt doesn't bother me so I'm not fussed

I'm just saying the symbolism started with the takeover so it's naivety to expect no connection between the two. I get some people were conflicted with the takeover and maybe they went with the burying their heads in the sand approach, so perhaps this shirt has them questioning their stance on the entire thing. 

I guess each person has to deal with this their own way but whether you or others like it or not, the connection existed the second the takeover happened and it will remain, if not get stronger. 

36 minutes ago, gjohnson said:

Its some colours. We have had white and green before. Make the crest the usual colours and it's pretty smart.

So what if its similar to Saudi Arabia's. Our home kit is similar to Notts County and Juventus....doesn't make it the same or associate them with us.

Also as a third kit it might appear maybe once or twice a season and possibly pre-season friendlys. 

Yes if it's real its an obvious attempt at 'sportwashing' but that was always going to be inevitable whether claimed by media or true.

It’s the away kit 

I think all 3 will look good (depending on the sponsor) …make or break 

hopefully not fun88

Obviously, we've worn green in the past.  The colour isn't the issue.

It doesn't particularly bother me as such - it just comes across as a blindingly stupid PR own goal, completely obvious opening of an attack line, and shirt sales in KSA are unlikely to drive much extra cash into the club's kitty.

The relationship with KSA does make me deeply uncomfortable - but I can't say having a KSA-inspired change strip is something which troubles me greatly

OIP.jpg

19 minutes ago, Smal said:

Oh so it's ok then. 

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

If you have a problem who the owners are, you have choices. 

3 minutes ago, LV said:

If you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

If you have a problem who the owners are, you have choices.

I love how this argument has dual uses. If our support is criticised by other clubs supporters it's 'well would you give up supporting your club? I can't do that, it's out of the question.' but when our own supporters say they don't like our link with KSA either, it's 'well stop supporting us/go and support someone else'

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

I love how this argument has dual uses. If our support is criticised by other clubs supporters it's 'well would you give up supporting your club? I can't do that, it's out of the question.' but when our own supporters say they don't like our link with KSA either, it's 'well stop supporting us/go and support someone else'

Yep.  And after a decade and a half of Ashley, and we're all still here, it is almost as if we don't really have a choice.  I didn't choose to be born in Newcastle, but I was.  Therefore I didn't get to choose a club ...

34 minutes ago, Smal said:

You are just ignoring the massive, massive caveat that the kingdom is a murderous and despotic regime that we are just going to be a symbol of.

I’ve made my peace with this and moved onto….when’s the transfer window opening😂

Guest reefatoon
47 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

image.thumb.jpeg.6ba39923efc3668a5eba51542e49c0ed.jpeg

We were ahead of the times in 2019.

bloody hell, just shows how switched off I was with the club at the time, I don't remember this kit at all.

1 hour ago, Keegans Export said:

I don't want to sound mean but what were you expecting? That they were just doing it to have a warm, gooey feeling inside from making a load of Geordies happy?

Oh I know, I have been very open about my conflicted feelings on the takeover. I guess it's kinda better it's out in the open. What I don't like is all the disingenuous responses people send that WHAT WE CANT WEAR GREEN NOW THAT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE SAUDI COLOURS crap. It's completely fine to be not bothered by it, but pretending it's not there so you don't have to say that? Anyway as ever I will chalk it to another uncomfortable thing among many in sport

So no one has to engage with a piece that sounds like it was written  by a temperamental teenager, this is a bizarre take from Mr Edwards:

"But where is all the Saudi money that was hinted at when fans were celebrating the takeover? Where are the new sponsorship deals? Why is Howe operating with a relatively small transfer budget this summer?

Maybe the fact this is only a change in kit colour is the problem. Newcastle are being dressed up to look like the Saudi national team but the might of the Saudi state has not been used, at least not yet, to make them resemble a success football team."

He does realise they've been here five minutes and our PL status has just been confirmed aye? 

He seems to think it's the third kit for what it's worth.

Just now, Smal said:

You are just ignoring the massive, massive caveat that the kingdom is a murderous and despotic regime that we are just going to be a symbol of.

You're right I am and total fine with that.

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Man Uniteds home kit looks like the Russian national teams kit

Are Man United owned by Russia and is the point of the kit to advertise Russia?

I understand you don't want to care, really don't mind you just enjoying the football, but that whataboutery is needless lol